The Student Room Group

Who else is still waiting for offers?

Scroll to see replies

I'm still waiting for Edinburgh. Ugh... it's driving me mad, too. They're my first choice and I heard back from everywhere else in January or February, so I'm waiting entirely on them.
Reply 81
Original post by angelooo
Where are you doing the access course? I'm doing an access course too!

Thank you! I got it at 3.16pm, I actually applied for 5 very similar courses at Aberdeen, so I got all 5 of my offers at the same time, haha, very overwhelming when I got them though :smile:.

I'm sure you'll hear back soon enough. Access applications are put into a separate pile, away from the regular applications, so they often get looked at at another time whether it's before or after they consider the other applicants. Keep us updated :smile:.

Awesome. I'm from Edinburgh. :smile: What is the grading like for your access course? I'm assuming you are also Scottish? Ours has 6 grades, 1-4 is a pass 1 being the highest, and 5 and 6 are a fail. Congrats on 5 offers that is impressive. :biggrin:
Ah I didn't know that, thank you. I really do hope I get an offer. I'm very happy with Glasgow but I do like Aberdeen just that wee bit more
Reply 82
Original post by Panda124
Aw, you applied for English at Aberdeen? Me too! English and Scottish Literature, I can't wait to start :smile: and I wouldn't be pessimistic about it, unis are notoriously talented at leaving you hanging for a while, you atill techincally have right up till May still to hear! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Awesome! :smile: Thank you and congrats, hopefully I will see you there.
I just don't want to get my hopes up. St Andrews was originally my first choice and I was gutted when I was rejected, but then I was really surprised to get an offer for Glasgow, thought it was out of my league. I really feel like it could go either way with Aberdeen, so we shall see :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by Leoroary
Awesome! :smile: Thank you and congrats, hopefully I will see you there.
I just don't want to get my hopes up. St Andrews was originally my first choice and I was gutted when I was rejected, but then I was really surprised to get an offer for Glasgow, thought it was out of my league. I really feel like it could go either way with Aberdeen, so we shall see :smile:

Thanks, yeah hopefully!

I know the feeling. I got rejected for St Andrews and Edinburgh, although I more than met both entry requirements. They're both really competitive though so it was a bit of a long shot. Aberdeen and Glasgow were where I was ideally looking at - I liked their texts better. I got unconditionals to Glasgow and Aberdeen, but I was visiting friends in Aberdeen and fell in love with the city, and I like the idea of moving away!

Well, I think Glasgow have higher entry requirements for English than Aberdeen, so if you got an offer there I'll be suprised if Aberdeen reject you. Hopefully you'll hear soon, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm still waiting on Dundee so I can actually accept my offer. Keep me posted on how you get on! :smile:
Reply 84
got rejected from dundee :frown:

will be so disheartened when I am also rejected from Aberdeen, its my number one :-/
To those waiting for Durham, last year I didn't get my offer until April the 2nd, having rung everybody under the sun for them to finally release their decision to me. I rang them 6 times and they kept telling me that I would get it after the weekend, on Thursday etc. They were incredibly unreliable. By this time, I had missed the post application open day, and I feel that this was the reason I didn't go to Durham in the end. I didn't feel welcome at all.

However, I wouldn't worry about a late decision meaning rejection :smile:

Also - waiting for St Andrew's Languages
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 86
Hi everyone! Just made an account!

I have heard back from Aberdeen (Psychology) AAA, Heriot-Watt (Psychology with Forensic Science) AB and RGU (Applied Social Science) BB.

Still have to hear back from Napier and Stirling - both applied for Criminology, but Stirling is Criminology and Law. Has anyone heard back from these? I'm started to think i wont get a conditional because someone in my school as heard back from both.
Reply 87

will be so disheartened when I am also rejected from Aberdeen, its my number one :-/

Aw, that's a real shame, but what makes you think you'll get rejected from Aberdeen too? Don't put yourself down, you can't know for sure until they've told you so yourself! Even if you do get rejected, consider the thought that it's not that you're not right for the course, the course isn't right for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GarnetStone
I'm still waiting for Edinburgh. Ugh... it's driving me mad, too. They're my first choice and I heard back from everywhere else in January or February, so I'm waiting entirely on them.

ME TOO!!! What program?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89

I heard back from Edinburgh and St Andrews pretty early and got two big slat rejections, but only heard back from Dundee the other day with an unconditional, so timing doesn't mean anything at all! Keep your hopes up chick :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Durham, maths.Sort of hoping not to hear until April so I have more time to decide.
I've gotten my first choice offer from York but no others yet.

I'm chuffed at getting my York place which I was always planning to firm and have had my interview at Lancaster too. Kind of just waiting on Lancaster now so that I can make a final decision before firming.

York took two days after interview to get back to me and Lancaster says I need to wait two weeks after interview to see if I get an offer (it's been a week).
Birmingham put me on a waiting list and I've yet to hear from Brunel and UEA at all aside from them having said they have my application.

Anyone else for Social Work?
Reply 92
me :smile: shall know by end of this week, latest next week! :')
Original post by rachel58108
ME TOO!!! What program?

Posted from TSR Mobile

German and Linguistics. What about you?
im really starting to worry! im just waiting for UCLAN to reply to me with an offer for nutrition and personal fitness training... this is the course i really want to do! i wish they would hurry up! is anyone else applying for any sport courses? :smile:
Durham for Psychology, not expecting an offer having seen some of the fantastic candidates they've not offered places too, but I'll cross my fingers anyway.
LSE for Politics+Philosophy. God. Damn. It.
I'm still waiting for 2 Unis to offer/decline me an interview :/ No conditional offers as of yet, have an interview lined up for Wednesday at Keele but that's about it. Applied mid November.
Just got an offer for Edinburgh!!!! Never been so happy in my life!!!!!!!!
Reply 99
Original post by maryamlondon
Just got an offer for Edinburgh!!!! Never been so happy in my life!!!!!!!!

Oh wow, congrats! That's a great uni as well :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending