The Student Room Group

Do girls get beer goggles?

So out for the night with some friends and there was a really pretty girl there. I made some progress in getting talking. Later we all went on to a club. Her mate was trying to get off with my friend and not getting anywhere. And I was really flabbergasted when she came on to me, moving in for a cuddle and kiss. Afterwards we went back to hers for a coffee. I was a bit worried that she was drunker than me, particularly when she said to her brother who she shared a house with that she had met a fabulous guy - it felt a touch ott! Anyway I decided to go cautiously, leaving after a coffee, taking her number, and delaying a few days before getting in touch.

Anyway when I made contact I got blown out - with a just wanting to be friends line. I felt pretty hurt, particularly since it is rare to fancy a girl at the start of the evening and have her in my arms by the end. I felt I should have atleast have been worth a date after what had happened.

So what do you think happened? Do girls get beer goggles?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe she was just looking for sex?
Reply 2
The beer goggles phenomenon is an implication from having lowered inhibitions and greater impulsivity. This happens to both men and women, so yes I would expect women to get beer goggles, or at least a comparable sensation. I think that women place less value on a man's looks than men traditionally do on women, so perhaps for women it extends to more than just a lowered standard of aesthetics.
Reply 3
Yes, it happens.
Reply 4
Something similar once happened to me. The next time I went home with a girl I slept with her but that didn't work out either. Balancing act.
Reply 5
Original post by redferry
Maybe she was just looking for sex?

Yes it felt as though she was up for it, but equally that it wouldn't be good the next day if we'd done it. I don't generally think of girls feeling that way...
Reply 6
Original post by Jalk
Something similar once happened to me. The next time I went home with a girl I slept with her but that didn't work out either. Balancing act.

You can't win with women, eh. At least you got your oats...
Reply 7
lol yeah definitely
Reply 8
Original post by Zarek
Yes it felt as though she was up for it, but equally that it wouldn't be good the next day if we'd done it. I don't generally think of girls feeling that way...

Plenty do.
Reply 9
Original post by Zarek
You can't win with women, eh. At least you got your oats...

Porridge > girls, always
Reply 10
Girls are humans too, with human emotions and human impulses. It's best to always keep that in mind. Whatever you think you'd enjoy, there's a girl out there who'd enjoy it too.
Original post by Ferkles
Girls are humans too, with human emotions and human impulses. It's best to always keep that in mind. Whatever you think you'd enjoy, there's a girl out there who'd enjoy it too.

This.

I don't get why people on here still seem to think that boys and girls are so different when it comes to their views on sex and relationships.
Reply 12
Alcohol has similar, if not identical, impact upon the brain of males and females thus both experience reduced inhibition and distorted perception. So yes :smile:
No, girls have some magical mysterious immunity that scientists have been studying for generations upon generations that prevents them being affected by standard reactions to alcohol. :rolleyes:
Oh yes.

This is a pretty normal occurance post-one night stand, wouldn't get too down about it OP.
Reply 15
Original post by Antifazian
Oh yes.

This is a pretty normal occurance post-one night stand, wouldn't get too down about it OP.

Didn't have a one night stand, mind.. Just a few encouraging words and a kiss!
Original post by Zarek
Didn't have a one night stand, mind.. Just a few encouraging words and a kiss!

Oh, sorry I misread your post. I would still think that was pretty common though unfortunately, for the person to have a change of heart afterwards I mean. :redface:

Doesn't mean she didn't/doesn't like you, but some people find it embarrassing to think of what they might have said or done whilst a bit drunk and so just wanna forget about it.
Reply 17
Original post by Antifazian
Oh, sorry I misread your post. I would still think that was pretty common though unfortunately, for the person to have a change of heart afterwards I mean. :redface:

Doesn't mean she didn't/doesn't like you, but some people find it embarrassing to think of what they might have said or done whilst a bit drunk and so just wanna forget about it.

Thanks, guess you're right. Saw her a few times afterwards at the pub and was tempted to ask what had been on her mind, but felt a bit too self conscious, and even a little resentful, to do so.
Should have tapped it bro when you had the chance....probably just wanted one that night
Should have banged her that night instead of trying to play "mr nice guy".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending