The Student Room Group

Revision Math A level

Hi currently failing maths i want to get atleast B or an A, currently I am getting c/ds. Is the any advice on how to get this. Thanks
Do lots of past papers from your exam board. Do every exam style question you can get your hands on/any question on the topic. Show all your working out in steps - they're worth marks! If you don't understand how to work something out then intergralmaths has worked examples of any questions you may get asked, however I think this is for the OCR/MEI exam board only. KhanAcademy.org also has worked examples and video tutorials.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by MissSmileyFace
Do lots of past papers from your exam board. Do every exam style question you can get your hands on/any question on the topic. Show all your working out in steps - they're worth marks! If you don't understand how to work something out then intergralmaths has worked examples of any questions you may get asked, however I think this is for the OCR/MEI exam board only. KhanAcademy.org also has worked examples and video tutorials.
Good luck!

Thank you soo much I am doing OCR MEI were do I get the worked examples atm I am really struggling with M1 and C4.
No problem.
I'm doing MEI too. Do you have an intergralmaths.org account? You need one in order to find any worked examples etc. If you don't then make your maths teachers get you one! It also gives the exam dates on a mini calender.

Once you log in, all the modules should come up. Select the one you want - e.g C4, around the top of the page there should be a list of topics, e.g trigonometry - select this. Then there should be a drop down menu, select the part of the topic you need help with, e.g trigonometric identities and equations. Scroll down a bit and select 'Notes and Examples'. A page with notes and worked examples should open up. You will get an example of every type of exam question that they may ask.

If you need any help, just let me know. :h::h:
No problem.
I'm doing MEI too. Do you have an intergralmaths.org account? You need one in order to find any worked examples etc. If you don't then make your maths teachers get you one! It also gives the exam dates on a mini calender.

Once you log in, all the modules should come up. Select the one you want - e.g C4, around the top of the page there should be a list of topics, e.g trigonometry - select this. Then there should be a drop down menu, select the part of the topic you need help with, e.g trigonometric identities and equations. Scroll down a bit and select 'Notes and Examples'. A page with notes and worked examples should open up. You will get an example of every type of exam question that they may ask.

Hi! I am also doing MEI - do you know where I can get a username and password from... other than subscribing lol
I have no idea. Your college should be providing you with one...
Ask your teachers, they may have a college account. :h:
Reply 6
No problem.

Thanks you so much but the teacher are a bit lame and are not giving me the username and password. :frown:
Reply 7
There's no such thing as 'Math A Level', as they don't offer A Levels in the USA
Original post by WorkHardNow
Thanks you so much but the teacher are a bit lame and are not giving me the username and password. :frown:

sorry about the late reply
ahh, don't they have an account?
I can try and send you links.. message me with which topics you're stuck on. Hopefully the links work! :h:
Reply 9
sorry about the late reply
ahh, don't they have an account?
I can try and send you links.. message me with which topics you're stuck on. Hopefully the links work! :h:

Yh thank you =)
Original post by WorkHardNow
Yh thank you =)

Which unit and topics do you need help on?
I'll post up the links for them... Hopefully they'll work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending