The Student Room Group

I slept with him now he's not giving me the time of day

There was this guy (lets call him A)I was seeing just a couple of weeks ago, he would tell me how much he likes me and how he wanted to give things a try with me on my own pace. I would tell him that I didn't think it was a good idea as I've heard that he's tried it on with so many girls and I didn't want to be another conquest, he told me this time it was different coz he really likes me and I'm not like the others, I was apprehensive at first but I eventually gave him a chance because one of my friends (who's known him for quite a while) made a comment about what he's said to me and how he's acted towards me (she said he's not usually a serious person and if he's going out of his way like this he means business) Anyway one time I'm @ a party with my girls and get ridiculously drunk and my friends are ready to leave since we're going different ways she calls up A who immediately comes to my rescue and takes me home, and tries to sober me up, things get a little heated but then I start crying telling him I feel like he's taking advantage and that he's gonna leave as soon as we sleep together. He reassures me and then fast forward a month we're still dating without anyone knowing except my girls. He takes me out one night and I ended up having sex with him.. He would text me all the time and when we see each other he would touch me or whisper something in my ear. Now he's just not texting me anymore.. And it's playing in my mind coz he told me I wasn't like those other girls. I'll see him @ parties and stuff now and he'll just brush past me touching me slightly but then he'll ignore me for the rest of the night and say hi to everyone of my friends except me. WTF! What should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Forgive me for not being overly sympathetic, but this is precisely why you should wait for commitment before engaging in these acts.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Ignore him back and forget him. He's obviously a lying dick.
Learn from it. You've been used.
Reply 4
Yea sorry but he used you for sex. Your initial concerns about him were right and it doesn't at all surprise me that he's ignoring you now
He's pulled the classic 'you're-not-like-the-other-girls-I want-more-than-just-sex' manoeuvre and to be honest, he's played it with impressive prowess. The colloquial term for this is the 'long-run-smash-n-dash' or, even less eloquently but possibly more accurately, the 'long-game-pump-n-dump'.

On a more sensitive note; some guys are simply out for sex and will go to extraordinary measures to secure it. If you knew his history then frankly you were naive to think you weren't just a number. However, I do sympathise and can only advise you ignore him and move on.
Reply 6
You got pumped and dumped.

Not much else to say is there.....
What a ****. Chalk it up to experience and don't try to engage in any further interaction. Is your friend still friends with him?
Tell him you're pregnant.
Reply 9
Original post by flying plum
What a ****. Chalk it up to experience and don't try to engage in any further interaction. Is your friend still friends with him?

Yeah she is.. She's known him for years. I admit I wanted her to cut him off but I couldn't ask her to stop being friends with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by thunder_chunky

Haha! I should just to see him sweat coz he's a douchebag. We'll see

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by AmbernoRose
I would tell him that I didn't think it was a good idea as I've heard that he's tried it on with so many girls and I didn't want to be another conquest, he told me this time it was different coz he really likes me and I'm not like the others

The comment in bold just screams alarm bells to me. :unimpressed:

If he really liked you then you should of made him wait for sex, at least a few months to see if he stuck around.

You should of went with your gut instinct and not give this guy the time of day but its totally understandable that you believed him.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Draw a line under it, remember that not all guys are like this douchebag, and assure yourself he will eventually get VD (though maybe pay a visit to a sexual health clinic just to be safe).
Reply 13
Original post by maskofsanity
He's pulled the classic 'you're-not-like-the-other-girls-I want-more-than-just-sex' manoeuvre and to be honest, he's played it with impressive prowess. The colloquial term for this is the 'long-run-smash-n-dash' or, even less eloquently but possibly more accurately, the 'long-game-pump-n-dump'.

On a more sensitive note; some guys are simply out for sex and will go to extraordinary measures to secure it. If you knew his history then frankly you were naive to think you weren't just a number. However, I do sympathise and can only advise you ignore him and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by reissekm
The comment in bold just screams alarm bells to me. :unimpressed:

If he really liked you then you should of made him wait for sex, at least a few months to see if he stuck around.

You should of went with your gut instinct and not give this guy the time of day but its totally understandable that you believed him.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I know, I was silly and plus the fact that my friend sort of vouched for him. Ahh well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15

Well that's one way to get his attention...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16

hahaha
Reply 17
Who is sad enough to play that much of a long game?! Crazy boy O_o
Reply 18
You don't have to wait for commitment, but...

"this time it's different"
"you're not like the others"

You really haven't heard that before? Ever?
Original post by redferry
Who is sad enough to play that much of a long game?! Crazy boy O_o

The lengths some guys will go to for sex is amazing. Also, some guys prefer girls who won't sleep with them right away, feels like more of a conquest when they do eventually get their leg over

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending