The Student Room Group

edexcel IGCSE 2013 may students

just wondering all the people doing the pople doing the may papers for the folowing subjects.we could make a group on it
-maths
-english
-french
-chemistry
-biology
-physics
-futhur pure mathematics
-ICT

PM me if you wanna join the group and discuss about the papers.:smile::biggrin:

pls note that even these will be moderated by the student rooms (if im not mistaken)
and will only be discussing the most probable questions
(and other things...)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by darsan9
just wondering all the people doing the pople doing the may papers for the folowing subjects.we could make a group on it
-maths
-english
-french
-chemistry
-biology
-physics
-futhur pure mathematics
-ICT

pls note that even these will be moderated by the student rooms (if im not mistaken)
(and other things...)

Hi, i am doing these subjects, so yeah add me.
Reply 2
Original post by darsan9
-maths
-french
-chemistry
-biology
-physics

Hey, I'm doing the above.
Reply 3
Ahhh i've been looking for one of these! :biggrin:
Beyond thrilled.
I'll add you :smile:
Reply 4
Hey, I am doing all of them plus some more. So add me.
Hi. Add me as well. I am doing these subjects.

thanks
Reply 6
Original post by darsan9
-maths
-english
-french
-chemistry
-biology
-physics
-futhur pure mathematics
-ICT

(and other things...)

hi i am doing these:smile:

Thanks
Reply 7
Add me please!
Reply 8
hi....
there is this site that will be discussing the 2012 past year igcse add maths papers...

http://www.themathscentre.com/google-hangouts-announcement-for-april-2013/

hope this helps...cheers
Reply 9
I use BBC bitesize, and i think it is very useful! Try the CGP revision books as well!
Guaranteed A's if you follow revision guides! Hope i helped (:
Reply 10
Original post by darsan9
-maths
-english
-french
-chemistry
-biology
-physics
-futhur pure mathematics
-ICT

(and other things...)

Hello, I'm doing ICT and English. I'd be very glad if you add me to your group! Thanks!
I am doing
Mathematics
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Hi! I'm doing all of them apart from further pure maths, it would be great if you could add me too.
Regarding chem, can I ask a quick question about a sample assessment paper in the specification (Edexcel International GCSE in Chemistry, first examination June 2013). On Paper 1C question 7b -

A chemist electrolyses a sample of molten copper chloride, CuCl2. Name the products formed at the electrodes.

- the mark scheme says copper for anode and chlorine for cathode. Shouldn't it be the other way round? Aren't the Cl- ions attracted to the postive anode?

Thanks.
Original post by thelyphron
Regarding chem, can I ask a quick question about a sample assessment paper in the specification (Edexcel International GCSE in Chemistry, first examination June 2013). On Paper 1C question 7b -

- the mark scheme says copper for anode and chlorine for cathode. Shouldn't it be the other way round? Aren't the Cl- ions attracted to the postive anode?

Thanks.

yupp..there's a problem there in the mark scheme. So it will be chlorine to the anode and copper to the cathode. Then the next part will be to write the half equation which is cu2+ + 2e---->Cu
Original post by darsan9
-maths
-english
-french
-chemistry
-biology
-physics
-futhur pure mathematics
-ICT

(and other things...)

I am doing these also!!! Could u please add me also? Thanks
Reply 16
This is an ICT question, not sure which paper it's from but here it is:

The fingerprint scanner may be bypassed so that a user can log on using the keyboard. Give two reasons why this facility needed?

I was thinking one reason would be so that if the scanner were to malfunction you would need to be able to log on using the keyboard.
Not sure what the second reason would be:/

Thanks.

Original post by skizzle
This is an ICT question, not sure which paper it's from but here it is:

The fingerprint scanner may be bypassed so that a user can log on using the keyboard. Give two reasons why this facility needed?

I was thinking one reason would be so that if the scanner were to malfunction you would need to be able to log on using the keyboard.
Not sure what the second reason would be:/

Thanks.

Sometimes biometric scanners I.e fingerprint scanners might not be able to recognize the fingerprint maybe because other people have used it as well yeah so it's like having fingerprints all over the scanner so it may become hard for the scanner to recognize the print so a keyboard would be needed.

Well that's what I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by parasagarwal01
yupp..there's a problem there in the mark scheme. So it will be chlorine to the anode and copper to the cathode. Then the next part will be to write the half equation which is cu2+ + 2e---->Cu

Cheers dude. Could I ask you (or any other chem students) to take a look at question 5 on this past paper from June 2008:

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20Current%20IGCSE/June%202008/4335_2H_que_20080521.pdf

Part (a) I'm fine with of course, it's just diffusion, but I'm wondering whether part (b) is relevant to our specification.

Many thanks.
Original post by thelyphron
Cheers dude. Could I ask you (or any other chem students) to take a look at question 5 on this past paper from June 2008:

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20Current%20IGCSE/June%202008/4335_2H_que_20080521.pdf

Part (a) I'm fine with of course, it's just diffusion, but I'm wondering whether part (b) is relevant to our specification.

Many thanks.

Okay..so that question doesn't seem to be "known" to me and the specification. :biggrin: it's actually from some old spec so leave it. Mark scheme says that it turns blue and the next part has some long formula. Just do the questions that are according to the new spec and don't forget to try out the sample assessment papers for june 13 in the latest spec. Our exam is going to be from a new syllabus but not completely different from the June 2009 one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest