The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2180
Original post by doggyfizzel
Tbh, your best bet will be to call the card company. You don't want to do anything which could incur unforeseen charges.

The outcome of the ballot is announced on 8th April, so I guess I can phone the card company and try to block any possible payment. I don't think there are any other choices, besides cancelling the card (which I can't do). :s-smilie:
Interestingly similar (except for goals scored)
Comparing Barcelona and Man Utd in league this season...

Played:
Man Utd-28
Barca-28

Barca-74

Win/Draw/Loss
Man Utd-24/2/2
Barca-24/2/2

Goals Against:
Man Utd-31
Barca-31

Goals For:
Man Utd-69
Barca-88

Gap to 2nd:
Man Utd-15pts
Barca-13pts

It's from a fb page, there are some similarities. It's kind of obvious that both teams have just about won their respective leagues this season. However, United have had more comebacks and late goals.
Reply 2182
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
Interestingly similar (except for goals scored)
Comparing Barcelona and Man Utd in league this season...

Played:
Man Utd-28
Barca-28

Barca-74

Win/Draw/Loss
Man Utd-24/2/2
Barca-24/2/2

Goals Against:
Man Utd-31
Barca-31

Goals For:
Man Utd-69
Barca-88

Gap to 2nd:
Man Utd-15pts
Barca-13pts

It's from a fb page, there are some similarities. It's kind of obvious that both teams have just about won their respective leagues this season. However, United have had more comebacks and late goals.

Yet if they faced each other on a football pitch and not on paper it would be men against boys
Reply 2183
Original post by yaboy
Yet if they faced each other on a football pitch and not on paper it would be men against boys

Not really, Madrid beat them twice (I think it was twice, they certainly won one and went through) in the week before they played us, who we looked comfortable against until someone Nani got sent off. I know that kind of logic doesn't always work but it certainly wouldn't be how you are putting it.
Have you guys go over Nani's red or does it still make you want mama?
Reply 2185
Original post by Scumbaggio
Have you guys go over Nani's red or does it still make you want mama?

It would probably still be annoying me if we weren't in other competitions. Although I will be disappointed if we just win the league, we have played too well IMO to come away with just that from the season.
Reply 2186
Original post by Idle
Not really, Madrid beat them twice (I think it was twice, they certainly won one and went through) in the week before they played us, who we looked comfortable against until someone Nani got sent off. I know that kind of logic doesn't always work but it certainly wouldn't be how you are putting it.

Well last time you lot faced each other you were raped. So thats the only thing to go with.

Original post by Idle
It would probably still be annoying me if we weren't in other competitions. Although I will be disappointed if we just win the league, we have played too well IMO to come away with just that from the season.

You have only been good in the league, the CL and FA you were poor all season and tbh lucky to draw with chelsea in the end.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Idle

To be honest I think you've got the league tied up.

I don't think you'll win the FA cup though.
Reply 2188
Original post by yaboy
Well last time you lot faced each other you were raped. So thats the only thing to go with.

Two years ago? That means very little now.
Barca at their best are clearly better, issue being this season Barca rarely have been at their best for various reasons.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Barca at their best are clearly better, issue being this season Barca rarely have been at their best for various reasons.

It's hard to say they haven't been at their best. Villanova had only dropped two points as manager and that was against real madrid so it's completely understandable, roura comes in who was just doing DVD's a couple months ago and is expected to be in charge of the best club in world football today and it suddenly relates to a downturn in form. They were immense in the first half of the season but have gone down a bit recently. I'd say they're getting back though won't be surprised if they're in the final.
Original post by Idle
Two years ago? That means very little now.

You have a similar team, it still means a lot. Only real difference is that you have Kagawa and RVP but the most important area of the pitch is midfield, Xavi and Iniesta would still have a field day against Carrick/Cleverley/Giggs. Barca are a bit worse compared to then but they're still miles ahead of United.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
You have a similar team, it still means a lot. Only real difference is that you have Kagawa and RVP but the most important area of the pitch is midfield, Xavi and Iniesta would still have a field day against Carrick/Cleverley/Giggs. Barca are a bit worse compared to then but they're still miles ahead of United.

I don't get why you guys are saying barca are worse. They're having a good season and potentially are on a double, they had a dodgy game vs milan but are on course to beat the points record this season and win a double. It's not all doom and gloom.

Only problem is that pedro isn't scoring like he used to but they're transitioning their team slightly(fabregas, tello, montoya, mascherano, alba coming in as starters) so it's gonna be a little hiccup but they're still pretty good like they have been recently, guardiola kind of knew what he needed to do last season. United have improved their team recently so it'll be a closer match than before.
If anyones bored Zaha plays for England U21s in a bit

Playing him as a striker again (grumble)

Powell does for U19s too but don't think we can watch that..
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2194
Original post by jam277
It's hard to say they haven't been at their best. Villanova had only dropped two points as manager and that was against real madrid so it's completely understandable, roura comes in who was just doing DVD's a couple months ago and is expected to be in charge of the best club in world football today and it suddenly relates to a downturn in form. They were immense in the first half of the season but have gone down a bit recently. I'd say they're getting back though won't be surprised if they're in the final.

That's the point, though - Barca haven't been at their best at times for various reasons, a major one being Villanova's recent unavailability. :p: Normally, I'd predict a fairly comfortable win for Barca, but it's difficult to say for sure due to (i) Barca's relative unpredictability this season (which might be smoothed out soon enough) and (ii) the fact that United seem to have made some interesting changes to their style of play since the 2011 Final.
Zaha great run and skills inside box

Zaha goal, great finish

Had a fantastic game. Him and Sterling were Englands best players.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Akkuz
The outcome of the ballot is announced on 8th April, so I guess I can phone the card company and try to block any possible payment. I don't think there are any other choices, besides cancelling the card (which I can't do). :s-smilie:

Odds are you'll get chubbed anyway.

But why withdraw, when you could make a crazy return on them.
Valencia got 3 assist today on International duty apparently
I mean why can't Valencia do this all the time-I think we got him back!

[video="youtube;nGYdzoIO7LQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGYdzoIO7LQ[/video]
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
I mean why can't Valencia do this all the time-I think we got him back!

[video="youtube;nGYdzoIO7LQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGYdzoIO7LQ[/video]

Tbf the first thing I thought was that the defence was shocking(I was right) but hopefully he gets confidence from this and gets past his man once in a while.

Latest