The Student Room Group

TSR FIFA League

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Colbert
There's 8, could probably get more. Should we each pick a team prior to the tournament and stick with them throughout? Would make more sense to me. Could even do a mini World Cup with international teams? :holmes:

Xbox:
Welsh Leprecaun
Gob Bluth
superjam27
PePe Le DiLzZ
CrownedTEMMY
PADDYRULZ
dorone69
kscott1

Original post by jam277
Mini world cup would be cool, in fact we might as well do that as it stops the real madrid vs real madrid spammers.

Shotgun germany :colone:

Mini World Cup sounds better - I'd rather do that!

Shotgun Spain!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by Colbert
There's 8, could probably get more. Should we each pick a team prior to the tournament and stick with them throughout? Would make more sense to me. Could even do a mini World Cup with international teams? :holmes:

Xbox:
Welsh Leprecaun
Gob Bluth
superjam27
PePe Le DiLzZ
CrownedTEMMY
PADDYRULZ
dorone69
kscott1

I think clubs to begin with as there aren't enough good international teams for it to be fair.
Reply 82
Original post by jam277
Mini world cup would be cool, in fact we might as well do that as it stops the real madrid vs real madrid spammers.

Shotgun germany :colone:

I agree - World Cup makes more sense.

Shotgun France
Reply 83
Original post by Colbert
Are Newcastle Jets in the game?

Also shotgunning teams :rofl3:

germany
Reply 84
Original post by Paddy S
I think clubs to begin with as there aren't enough good international teams for it to be fair.

Argentina
Brazil
England
France
Germany
Italy
Netherlands
Portugal
Spain

9 good international teams - there are 8 players.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by Sufistic
Argentina
Brazil
England
France
Germany
Italy
Netherlands
Portugal
Spain

9 good international teams - there are 8 players.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone else comes can get russia and ivory coast :lol:
See what Welsh Leprecaun reckons, it's his baby after all tbf.
Reply 87
Original post by jam277
Anyone else comes can get russia and ivory coast :lol:

Netherlands have a very poor defence compared to the others there and while the others are all 5 star there is significant distance between Spain and Italy for example.

I just think clubs is fairer as the teams are more even but I'll go along with whatever.
I reckon we should be randomly assigned teams. Like pick 8 of the best teams and do that. Makes it more exciting imo, i don't like the idea of shotgunning :holmes: Or if 3 people want to be Bayern there's a separate draw for that for example. I would pick Borussia Dortmund or Belgium as 4.5 stars though personally. And as 5 star goes Real Madrid/Man City or Italy. If we are shotgunning that's my bases covered :colone:

If we are doing 5 star internationals can we choose players from pools? For example if England i would quite like Sturridge...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 89
Practice assigning random teams for the XBOX guys:

1)Argentina
2)Brazil
3)England
4)France
5)Germany
6)Italy
7)Portugal
8)Spain

Results:

Welsh Leprecaun -8 Spain
Gob Bluth -5 Germany
superjam27 -7 Portugal
PePe Le DiLzZ -6 Italy
CrownedTEMMY -3 England
PADDYRULZ -1 Argentina
dorone69 -4 France
kscott1 -2 Brazil
Reply 90
Original post by gunit123

1)Argentina
2)Brazil
3)England
4)France
5)Germany
6)Italy
7)Portugal
8)Spain

Results:

Welsh Leprecaun -8 Spain
Gob Bluth -5 Germany
superjam27 -7 Portugal
PePe Le DiLzZ -6 Italy
CrownedTEMMY -3 England
PADDYRULZ -1 Argentina
dorone69 -4 France
kscott1 -2 Brazil

How did you randomly assign it. Anyway we'll wait till welshy comes and then we organise dates.
Reply 91

1)Argentina
2)Brazil
3)England
4)France
5)Germany
6)Italy
7)Portugal
8)Spain

Results:

Welsh Leprecaun -8 Spain
Gob Bluth -5 Germany
superjam27 -7 Portugal
PePe Le DiLzZ -6 Italy
CrownedTEMMY -3 England
PADDYRULZ -1 Argentina
dorone69 -4 France
kscott1 -2 Brazil

You gave me Italy because of my Gamertag? Lol, only kidding :smile:

In all seriousness, I don't mind that - as long as others are happy with it too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by jam277
How did you randomly assign it. Anyway we'll wait till welshy comes and then we organise dates.

Google custom random number generator. First number between 1-8 represents the team. Next number represents which player (for the practice run, I just assigned the number as per the order of the players already on the list).

I'm assuming you're not too keen on the Portuguese :nah:
(edited 11 years ago)
Who wants a practice match? XBOX
Reply 94
Google custom random number generator. First number between 1-8 represents the team. Next number represents which player (for the practice run, I just assigned the number as per the order of the players already on the list).

I'm assuming you're not too keen on the Portuguese :nah:

Well it's got ronaldo. Bruno alves, pepe, pereira I'm fine tbh. Midfield is decent too. Can't get a possession game going but oh well.
Reply 95
Original post by jam277
Well it's got ronaldo. Bruno alves, pepe, pereira I'm fine tbh. Midfield is decent too. Can't get a possession game going but oh well.

Fair enough, it was just a practice anyway. We will hopefully get final confirmation by some of the others to make this tournament go ahead.
Sorry I've been neglecting this, but I've been a bit out of reach. I like the idea of these World Cups though, and random is probably the way to go. With regards to limit, we can always divide into 1,2 or 4 groups and work from there.
So it's a democracy:
Xbox:http://poll.pollcode.com/st8vx
PS3:http://poll.pollcode.com/ms4uq
The boss has spoken :adore:
Just like KingMessi has already said, I'm not sure what times I'll be online but I'll try my best. I'm also on COD a lot aswell so I'll have to see and plus there's the revision and studying too because I'm in my second/final year of ALevels.

Also, for PS3 I don't mind whether we do world cup (internationals) or clubs but I would generally prefer clubs because it's a wider variety and we could still play with different teams throughout instead of sticking to one. Like how Sufistic has mentioned, if we come across someone who chooses the same team, one of the player's should just change and switch so there's none of this Real Madrid v Real Madrid or Spain v Spain nonsense!!
Reply 99
Original post by Welsh Leprecaun
Sorry I've been neglecting this, but I've been a bit out of reach. I like the idea of these World Cups though, and random is probably the way to go. With regards to limit, we can always divide into 1,2 or 4 groups and work from there.
So it's a democracy:
Xbox:http://poll.pollcode.com/st8vx
PS3:http://poll.pollcode.com/ms4uq

Good to know you're interested - what sort of timeframe do we have on this tournament? It really shouldn't take too long tbh, it's just a matter of arranging a time and playing 2 matches back-to-back.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest