The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
lets be honest here, the bitch had it coming. You dont go after someones recently deceased parents and not expect them to flip out.
May not have been right hitting her but in no way would i fault you for it.
Normally I wouldn't be okay with a guy hitting a girl or a girl hitting a guy (equally as bad in my view) but I know if someone got me angry and said that to me, I'd flip on them :angry:
A few punches wouldn't be enough
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Cake Faced Kid.
I would normally be completely against this, but to be honest, it sounded like she deserved it.

I agree. I'm in a complete moral quandary because I want to say to the OP essentially "under no circumstances should you hit someone" and the fact that you "didn't mean to" is irrelevant because you still did it. But if the context was exactly as the OP put it - and he's not exaggerating to justify his actions to himself - then his actions weren't completely out of order IMO. That said, violence is never the solution and it was wrong of him to hit her, but I can sympathise, particularly after the comment about his father.

OP, I think you can say your relationship is over. Not only (or even particularly) because you hit her, but because of the way she acted towards you in the first place. The fact is, if she cared for you at all she would never have made that comment about your Dad, not even in the heat of an argument, and particularly during your exams. At the same time, it was wrong of you to hit her and, if nothing else, I think it shows that you don't love her as much as you say/think you do. In addition to that, she's never going to trust you again.

All in all, I think you're both in the wrong but not in a way which is reconcilable. I would move on now OP.
(edited 11 years ago)
I am against hitting women in any situtation so I would like to think I wouldn't have hit her. Having said that, if a guy said that to me, I wouldn't stop swinging until he was on the floor unconcious and would probably keep going a bit after that so your actions are understandable.
Original post by amineamine2
Then you're not a man.

Edit: who ever negged me, shov that neg up somewhere, how someone can neg a stance against abusing women is beyond me.

I completely agree. The person you quoted was indicative of a complete and utter coward.

As for the neg reps, I think maybe people misinterpreted you as suggesting that he should have dealt out even more than twice that amount...?
Reply 25
Original post by Yawn11
She earned that beating

Lol

But op your actions were wrong you basically sunk to her level

Her insult was meaningless you know your dad loves you, if I was in your situation I would have calmed her down then I would have told her that her actions were untenable and despicable then I would have dumped her

What we're U guys arguing about anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It sounds quite brutal to have punched her. A slap would have been acceptable.
She sounds like a ****.

OP, get out. She sounds like she has no sympathy and a cold heartless bitch
Reply 28
Original post by Liftman
If you are willing to hit her, it's not love of any sort.

Nice. A bunch of negs for saying don't hit her.

TSR at it's very best.
Original post by Rascacielos
I completely agree. The person you quoted was indicative of a complete and utter coward.

As for the neg reps, I think maybe people misinterpreted you as suggesting that he should have dealt out even more than twice that amount...?

Well when I edited my post and made it clear that I was 'taking a stance against abusing women' (or however I worded it, can't remember) I only had one neg. Now I've got six. So I think, as scary as it sounds, that people believe I'm simply crazy in believing that hitting a woman is wrong.
Then you're not a man.

Edit: who ever negged me, shov that neg up somewhere, how someone can neg a stance against abusing women is beyond me.

If the person I was dating said that to me, I'd hit them. There's a line between hitting someone and domestic abuse. It wasn't unwarranted, that's disrespectful on so many levels and she probably understand what she said was wrong.

I don't see how this is abuse towards women at all, the guy was clearly provoked with a low-blow insults, are you telling me that if your dad was dead and someone made fun of that you'd just laugh it off? Abuse is when a guy takes his anger out on his partner, even though she had nothing to do with it. This was an instinctual reaction to an extremely out of order insult, amazingly he is expressing remorse and seems to be trying to absolve his gf of guilt, based on what he's said this stuff happens quite a lot (although this incident seems to be the worst,) and he's deluded himself into loving her despite what she does, if anyone is abusive in this relationship it's the girlfriend.
Original post by justanotherposter
I don't see how this is abuse towards women at all, the guy was clearly provoked with a low-blow insults, are you telling me that if your dad was dead and someone made fun of that you'd just laugh it off? Abuse is when a guy takes his anger out on his partner, even though she had nothing to do with it. This was an instinctual reaction to an extremely out of order insult, amazingly he is expressing remorse and seems to be trying to absolve his gf of guilt, based on what he's said this stuff happens quite a lot (although this incident seems to be the worst,) and he's deluded himself into loving her despite what she does, if anyone is abusive in this relationship it's the girlfriend.

If you had read my post, then you'd notice that it was aimed at a person saying that she should have had four punches instead. That is abuse, how ever you'd like to define it.
Original post by Calllu-m
If the person I was dating said that to me, I'd hit them. There's a line between hitting someone and domestic abuse. It wasn't unwarranted, that's disrespectful on so many levels and she probably understand what she said was wrong.

I'd never punch a girl four times (as the person I quoted, not OP, suggested she deserves) regardless of what she has said.
i wouldnt have hit her, might have slapped her about a bit with a fish but yh, doesnt sound like you are in love. if she loved you she wouldnt say **** like that to you
If you had read my post, then you'd notice that it was aimed at a person saying that she should have had four punches instead. That is abuse, how ever you'd like to define it.

Fair enough, however your edit made it sound like you were calling this case abuse, if you'd left it as it was before the edit I doubt anyone except that one guy would have negged you.
Well when I edited my post and made it clear that I was 'taking a stance against abusing women' (or however I worded it, can't remember) I only had one neg. Now I've got six. So I think, as scary as it sounds, that people believe I'm simply crazy in believing that hitting a woman is wrong.

I have absolutely no explanation.
I'd never punch a girl four times (as the person I quoted, not OP, suggested she deserves) regardless of what she has said.

I like to think I wouldn't either, but if my mum died a few weeks ago and a girl said that to me, I wouldn't be able to stop myself.
Personally, i think you need to use diamond studded knuckle dusters. give her the old one two till you bust her melon and pile drive her off a cliff. that should help you win that submarine or whatever you're trying to do.
You don't deliberately hurt the people you love, this goes for both of you. End it.

Latest

Trending

Trending