The Student Room Group

TSR FIFA League

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Welsh Leprecaun
Sorry I've been neglecting this, but I've been a bit out of reach. I like the idea of these World Cups though, and random is probably the way to go. With regards to limit, we can always divide into 1,2 or 4 groups and work from there.
So it's a democracy:
Xbox:http://poll.pollcode.com/st8vx
PS3:http://poll.pollcode.com/ms4uq

Excuse my ignorance but when you mean 'world cup-choose squads', does that mean we stick to the same team throughout? And 'random' means that we can choose any international team at any time for any game in the tournament??
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
Excuse my ignorance but when you mean 'world cup-choose squads', does that mean we stick to the same team throughout? And 'random' means that we can choose any international team at any time for any game in the tournament??

Didn't think about that in honesty, I guess we can vote on that later.

Just updated the OP and it seems like we've got enough for both consoles. Really didn't expect it to take off that quick so we should probably make the most of it and start soon. Closing the poll tomorrow at 18:00 so we can get started asap.
(edited 11 years ago)
Actually, scratch that. If it's a Cup we should probably stick with our lot and play the team we're dealt. Makes it more interesting as people may have to adapt a different style if they want to win.
What about those of us that belong to the PC master race? I have the game for PC.
Looks like World Cup - Random squads has been chosen for Xbox. Could someone on the PS3 side do the draw please?

Welsh Leprecaun
Gob Bluth
jam277
sufistic
Thamesgbaski
Paddy S
dorondj
Colbert

Argentina
Brazil
England
France
Germany
Italy
Portugal
Spain

Are people fine with these teams for the draw?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Some random guy
What about those of us that belong to the PC master race? I have the game for PC.

Don't think there's enough players, sorry.
Looking good.

Weird that there isn't the functionality to add the 8 of us into a community and have matches/cups/tables easily accessable. Is there any way of all being a 'party' or somesuch?

Anyway, looking forward to being schooled. Will be around all day sunday if anyone fancies training :dumbells:
Reply 107
The Official XBOX World Cup Draw

A)Welsh Leprecaun
B)Gob Bluth
C)jam277
D)sufistic
E)Thamesgbaski
F)Paddy S
G)dorondj
H)Colbert

1)Argentina
2)Brazil
3)England
4)France
5)Germany
6)Italy
7)Portugal
8)Spain

First ball drawn out of the hat is:

C4 - Jam277 = France
E6 - Thamesgbaski = Italy
A5 - Welsh Leprecaun = Germany
D7 - sufistic = Portugal
H2 - Colbert = Brazil
G3 - dorondj = England
F1 - Paddy S = Argentina
B8 - Gob Bluth = Spain
Original post by Colbert
Looking good.

Weird that there isn't the functionality to add the 8 of us into a community and have matches/cups/tables easily accessable. Is there any way of all being a 'party' or somesuch?

Anyway, looking forward to being schooled. Will be around all day sunday if anyone fancies training :dumbells:

I don't there is anything like that online - we just have to do online friendlies.

It'll be better if everyone (on Xbox) is online at the same time. We should hopefully have everyone in the same Xbox Live Party (that will be :awesome:).

Do most people have a mic?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Colbert
Looking good.

Is this actually your first forray into Fifa since 99 haha? I still remember that as the last fifa to have diving and also to have Fatboy Slim in the soundtrack!

Be interesting to get a general idea of how good people are. For example i would say i'm a seasons division 3 standard player on average, maybe? Have we a lot of divison 1'ers here? :holmes:
Reply 110
Original post by Gob Bluth
x

Original post by Colbert
x

Original post by Sufistic
x

Spain, Portugal, Brazil!

Thoughts?
Is this actually your first forray into Fifa since 99 haha? I still remember that as the last fifa to have diving and also to have Fatboy Slim in the soundtrack!

Be interesting to get a general idea of how good people are. For example i would say i'm a seasons division 3 standard player on average, maybe? Have we a lot of divison 1'ers here? :holmes:

I was in division 1, but I share my account with my brothers - one of them got me relegated to division 3 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Germany, not too bad.... Although as long as it wasn't France or Spain then I was happy.
Haha Spain, well I might have to learn this possession game everyone talks about. They're a team i just simply cannot play well with. Should be fun!
Original post by gunit123
Spain, Portugal, Brazil!

Thoughts?

Brazil for me? Don't mind....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Brazil for me? Don't mind....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually it's Portugal :mmm:
Actually it's Portugal :mmm:

Aha! Ok, gonna pace abuse Ronaldo, and play him upfront! Bring it on!

Edit: I didn't see you post above. Ooops!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
The Official XBOX World Cup Draw

A)Welsh Leprecaun
B)Gob Bluth
C)jam277
D)sufistic
E)Thamesgbaski
F)Paddy S
G)dorondj
H)Colbert

1)Argentina
2)Brazil
3)England
4)France
5)Germany
6)Italy
7)Portugal
8)Spain

First ball drawn out of the hat is:

C4 - Jam277 = France
E6 - Thamesgbaski = Italy
A5 - Welsh Leprecaun = Germany
D7 - sufistic = Portugal
H2 - Colbert = Brazil
G3 - dorondj = England
F1 - Paddy S = Argentina
B8 - Gob Bluth = Spain

Top effort :yy:
I don't there is anything like that online - we just have to do online friendlies.

It'll be better if everyone (on Xbox) is online at the same time. We should hopefully have everyone in the same Xbox Live Party (that will be :awesome:).

Do most people have a mic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not only am I a n00b with FIFA, I have only just bought an Xbox :facepalm2: I have seen this Party malarky but not sure what it is. Sounds funky though.

Will be mic'd up hopefully next week...

Think I rented FIFA 2001 for a week and hated it and then it was all about PES. Then I stopped gaming for ages and I just bought an Xbox last week for no apparant reason. Genuinely no idea what everyone is talking about coins and trades but hopefully when we get on the pitch it's the same rules as normal football :teeth:

Spain, Portugal, Brazil!

Thoughts?

Brazil in both draws, hopefully my inability to defend will be overlooked as 'typical Brazil' :holmes:
Reply 118
Welsh, or any other XBOX player, can you do the PS3 Draw?

Oziris
gunit123
Sorted Guy
xAres
KingMessi
diggy
little_wizard123
J.Nalbandian14

Argentina
Brazil
England
France
Germany
Italy
Portugal
Spain
(edited 11 years ago)
Haha Spain, well I might have to learn this possession game everyone talks about. They're a team i just simply cannot play well with. Should be fun!

As anyone who's heard me on the football forum will know, I love the possession game...:coma: :sogood:

I got to Division 2 on FIFA 12 and have been playing with a broken controller for as long as I can remember. I'm sure if I played more regularly with a controller that didn't inadvertently chip shots that I was trying to place, smash impromptu long balls upfield when I merely wanted to play a one-two, and set my setting to 'Ultra-Attacking' apropos of nothing, I could have a shot at a league title.

Quick Reply

Latest