The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Epicurean

I haven't watch Skyfall but I have watch quite a few of other James Bond movies. I personally prefered Dr No out of all of them :mmm:

Watch it some time, and check your personal rep too.
Reply 7081
Original post by The Mad Dog
You can never have too much fighting, shooting and car chases and you certainly can never have too much CGI. Heck many films are made entirely from CGI and even better for it.

I beg to differ, CGI as in animated films and whatnot I agree with, and I understand that CGI is a valuable asset to filmakers, I do not begrudge that, but as Zed said, they seem to give dialogue less of a priority. Look at Life Of Pi, made entirely with CGI, and it looked amazing, but the dialogue was fecking brilliant! And look at the Expandables, a **** loads of good fighting scenes and whatnot but dialogue sure as well was missing. Avengers had good CGI, and dialogue was good too. I'm not saying CGI sucks but sometimes, it seems to be too much.
Haha :mmm:

At least someone understands where I am coming from :daydreaming: :h: I feel a a lot of movies now just seem to focus on CGI, car chases, shooting, explosions and **** and ignore storylines, tension, dialogue and whatnot :yep: And I find a lot of fighting scenes in films just involve the screen just flashing and showing the action from a different angle every half a second so that in the end, you can't see jack **** -_-

I absolutely despise superhero movies :unimpressed:

I haven't watch Skyfall but I have watch quite a few of other James Bond movies. I personally prefered Dr No out of all of them :mmm:

Salt was on the other night :moon: Madame Jolie :dice: You are reminding me of Transfomers, god damn did that suck!

You despise superhero movies?! That's blasphemy!! :fuhrer: REPENT!!
Reply 7082
Original post by Potiron
I dunno, I haven't seen many of the films...but James Bond is a massive rapist.

:mmm: And we the taxpayers are paying his wages :unimpressed:
Original post by ipoop
I beg to differ, CGI as in animated films and whatnot I agree with, and I understand that CGI is a valuable asset to filmakers, I do not begrudge that, but as Zed said, they seem to give dialogue less of a priority. Look at Life Of Pi, made entirely with CGI, and it looked amazing, but the dialogue was fecking brilliant! And look at the Expandables, a **** loads of good fighting scenes and whatnot but dialogue sure as well was missing. Avengers had good CGI, and dialogue was good too. I'm not saying CGI sucks but sometimes, it seems to be too much.

Salt was on the other night :moon: Madame Jolie :dice: You are reminding me of Transfomers, god damn did that suck!

You despise superhero movies?! That's blasphemy!! :fuhrer: REPENT!!

I've never watched Salt :holmes:

I just never liked superheros, whether they be in comics, in cartoons or in movies :dontknow: At least it allows me to be able to claim not to be a geek :cool: Therefore I get some cool points back :smug:

Original post by The Mad Dog
Watch it some time, and check your personal rep too.

Lool, when did you figure I was your mysterious Juche breh? :mmm:

Original post by Potiron
I dunno, I haven't seen many of the films...but James Bond is a massive rapist.

Haha, quite true :mmm:

Lool, when did you figure I was your mysterious Juche breh? :mmm:

When you sent the juche rep a while ago but alas PRSOM all the time.
meh

breh

chips
Reply 7086
Original post by Potiron
meh

breh

chips

Thnx for the rep xoxo :kiss: :hugs:
Hello guyysss
Reply 7088
Original post by Malevolent
Hello guyysss

Hello mate! How are you mate? Are you alright mate? :colondollar: How is it down under mate? Mate! Mate! Mate!
Original post by ipoop
Hello mate! How are you mate? Are you alright mate? :colondollar: How is it down under mate? Mate! Mate! Mate!

It's pretty good haha. Not used to the heat though sweating like a madman. how about you?
Reply 7090

It's pretty good haha. Not used to the heat though sweating like a madman. how about you?

I'm good, sleepless but good :h: Pfff, heat shmeat... Grow some balls soldier!

<Off topic>

I know the economy is in ****s and all and the high is struggling but can someone explain how Debenhams are selling this http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_61132+412645LST_-1 for less than £1? They look beautiful as fudge :coma:
^is claiming pink back for the brehs :five:

I'm a strange person, I got bored of X-men :mmm: I think we should swap genders because you seem to prefer action movies and I seem to prefer romcoms :teehee:

Yh I know you don't like action movies
I like being a girl :hand: unless you really want to be a girl. :colone:

Besides I like the godfather :yep: is coming on next week :biggrin: and then The Lord of the rings on Wednesday to till Friday :woo:

morning :hi:
Hello guyysss

:hi: how's it cooking :biggrin:

I have a question are female or male?
Reply 7093
Original post by Converse girl
:hi: how's it cooking :biggrin:

I have a question are female or male?

She is male :holmes:
Original post by ranbow99

I'd stay away from Cardiff if I were you Ranbow
BTW, you open this link at your own risk, you may not like the picture :lol: don't go blaming me afterwards :mmm:

Spoiler

^is being mean to Ranbow :slap:

Loool at the personal rep I got :toofunny:

Original post by Converse girl
Yh I know you don't like action movies
I like being a girl :hand: unless you really want to be a girl. :colone:

Besides I like the godfather :yep: is coming on next week :biggrin: and then The Lord of the rings on Wednesday to till Friday :woo:

morning :hi:

I'm quite happy being a boy :pierre: Afterall, boys >>> girls :smug:
^ Says the person who didn't understand why anyone would like men :rolleyes:

Girls >>> boys :colone:

Original post by Stevo F
I'd stay away from Cardiff if I were you Ranbow
BTW, you open this link at your own risk, you may not like the picture :lol: don't go blaming me afterwards :mmm:

Spoiler

I'm not looking, I can see in the link when I quote it says tarantula :hand:

Although I am interested to see what this story is about now :sad:

I'm not looking, I can see in the link when I quote it says tarantula :hand:

Although I am interested to see what this story is about now :sad:

Ok, I'll be nice and copy the text and not the picture :mmm:
"Arachnophobes may want to look away now.

An asbestos team have found a huge tarantula skin while working in an attic in Cardiff.

According to local press reports the discovery was made by asbestos removal experts Kuston Vorland on Tuesday afternoon.

Although not yet confirmed, Cardiff Reptile Centre, who were shown a picture of the skin, believe the animal could be a Chilean rose tarantula.

Wales Online reported that the skin was originally found after the team moved into a darkened loft area of an asbestos contaminated abandoned house in the Roath area of Cardiff.

Surveyor Katie Parsons-Young told the website that she lifted up a floorboard in the 19th century building, only to discover a large hairy leg in the darkness.

She told Wales Online: “We had lighting in there so we moved the lighting to the other area of the attic where I was and could see there was something...I was the first in. I sort of saw a leg, screamed and went.”

According to the website the majority of the team fled the building after the discovery, while a handful of braver souls stayed behind to pick up the skin - which they are said to have believed was a dead tarantula at the time..

Tarantulas swell in size after shedding, meaning the creature could now be up to twice as big as the discarded skin.

The fact the skin was found in an asbestos-contaminated building means the spider could still be coated in the carcinogen.

It is not known if the tarantula was a lost pet or if there is a breeding population in the area.

Confirmation of whether the skin was indeed infected with asbestos is expected when results come back from a laboratory later this week, but if it is found to contain traces of cancerous mesothelioma, Wales Online say it likely to be a world-first."
^ eww ewwwww :yucky: I would hate to find that :nooo:
^ eww ewwwww :yucky: I would hate to find that :nooo:

Poor spider, you're being speciesist against it :mmm:

also, why are you embarrassed about thinking zed is the bestest? :hmmm: :lol:

Latest