The Student Room Group

will you go out with someone who deformed him/her self ?

i have seen a couple of girls today that have a look similar to this, with these strange ear rings & horns..
will you still go out with someone if they have made something like this ?

227694-mexican-tattoo-star-mary-jose-cristerna-better-known-as-the-la-mujer-v.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
you are being incredibly judgmental... this young lady may be a very pleasant person to be with.
i wonder how much EXP you'd get for slaying that thing.
Reply 3
Original post by 4 Franky Fingers
i wonder how much EXP you'd get for slaying that thing.

I'd sell her to a scrap yard. Think of the cash.
Reply 4
No. Piercings and tattoos are very unattractive. You need to be attracted to someone and not find them physically repulsive. Although personality and common interests are more important to me than looks.
deffo... your house would never get burgled
Reply 6
One of the prerequisites for going out with someone is to find them attractive. Generally speaking, deformities lessen attraction rather than generate it. They deform themselves at their own expense.
Reply 7
Hey, more power to them for doing something like that to themselves. But no, I don't think I could develop a loving relationship with someone who looks like that. Physical attraction is a part of my relationships, and I find it repellent to look at the picture.
Reply 8
This woman did that to herself after suffering ten years of Domestic violence because she identified with the woman from Jewish folklore who walked out on Adam because she didn't want to be subservient (Lilith) and so she made herself into a Devil. She has overcome some tough **** and that in itself is very impressive.

On the other hand, I can't see anyone without fetishes finding her sexually attractive...
Reply 9
Original post by emmaq8
i have seen a couple of girls today that have a look similar to this, with these strange ear rings & horns..
will you still go out with someone if they have made something like this ?

227694-mexican-tattoo-star-mary-jose-cristerna-better-known-as-the-la-mujer-v.jpg
ooft 10/10
Of course people wouldn't. :rolleyes: /captainobvious
Reply 11
Can't...unsee...
Original post by miser
One of the prerequisites for going out with someone is to find them attractive. Generally speaking, deformities lessen attraction rather than generate it. They deform themselves at their own expense.

Define 'deformity'. Since there is no standard human body, either everyone is a collection of deformities or there is no such thing as deformity, minus missing limbs, broken parts etc. Completely arbitrary, which makes saying 'deformities lessen attraction' a vacuous truism
Reply 13
Was wondering where this thread was going from the title.

I'm all for tattoos and piercings, I find them very attractive, but not to this extent, so I guess my answer is no.

I'm sure there are some like-minded people that would though. :s-smilie:

Unsure of neg...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
She may be a wonderful person but I could never find that physically attractive. To do that to your body...it makes me sad that people can't feel comfortable in their own skin and accept themselves. But yeah, like I said I could be friends with someone who looked like that obviously but never date or be in a relationship with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Tuerin
Define 'deformity'. Since there is no standard human body, either everyone is a collection of deformities or there is no such thing as deformity, minus missing limbs, broken parts etc. Completely arbitrary, which makes saying 'deformities lessen attraction' a vacuous truism

I'm happy to go with a definition that recognises a deformity as a significant physical deviation as compared to the average person. Because humans are more similar than they are different, what is considered a deformity is therefore non-arbitrary.
Reply 16
Not just their face. If a man decided to become a woman, i'd have to know something like that, i.e their actual sex (xx, or xy)
Original post by miser
I'm happy to go with a definition that recognises a deformity as a significant physical deviation as compared to the average person. Because humans are more similar than they are different, what is considered a deformity is therefore non-arbitrary.

This varies all over the world, thus making it in this fluid, multicultural age completely redundant. The average person in the UK is white and has a fairly lean nose; in Niger, the average person is black and has a fairly large nose. Skin colour and facial features like the nose significantly deviate between these two nations, so by your definition a man from Niger is physically deformed in the UK, and vice versa. Nonsense.

There can be no definition of deformity and it remains a truism to say that deformity lessens attraction because deformity is just as subjective as attraction. You might as well say that what you find unattractive in people is unattractive to you. Nothing gained.
Reply 18
Original post by eliza.anne
She may be a wonderful person but I could never find that physically attractive. To do that to your body...it makes me sad that people can't feel comfortable in their own skin and accept themselves. But yeah, like I said I could be friends with someone who looked like that obviously but never date or be in a relationship with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do piercings etc. make you not accepting of yourself. That's a very sweeping statement. I know people who look like that and it's because they are comfortable with themselves that they can push the boundaries. It's seen as fashion for many not BDS. Annoys me when people put forward their naive assumptions as facts.
Reply 19
Original post by Eponym
How do piercings etc. make you not accepting of yourself. That's a very sweeping statement. I know people who look like that and it's because they are comfortable with themselves that they can push the boundaries. It's seen as fashion for many not BDS. Annoys me when people put forward their naive assumptions as facts.

I appreciate that, and tattoos and piercings etc I can understand, but I know of two friends in particular who have gotten piercings and tattoos because its what they think people find attractive and they don't find themselves particularly attractive. If it gives them confidence, great. I was merely applying it to the people I know, I know this doesn't apply to everyone :redface: But the horns? I genuinely don't see why anyone would want to look like that, and the procedure must be extremely painful. Is it reversible? Its just such a bizarre thing to me. I imagine you'd have many scars if you decided you did want to have them taken out...and it's not like you can really hide them either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending