The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know where you are coming from tbh
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Am I the only person that thinks a hot girls lighting up a cigarette automatically makes her look more sexy and elegant?

It personally turns me on; a lot.

Am I on my own with this fetish?:redface:

Yeah it does make them more attractive but in the long run I wouldn't date them....

1) The smell would get on everything
2) I couldn't bare to watch my girlfriend/ possible future wife dying of a disease brought on by smoking prematurely
3) The health drawbacks for myself from second hand smoke
4) Waste of money in general. £6-£7 a pack is crazy.
Reply 3
Mmmmm.

Lung cancer.
Reply 4
Original post by advice_guru
Yeah it does make them more attractive but in the long run I wouldn't date them....

1) The smell would get on everything
2) I couldn't bare to watch my girlfriend/ possible future wife dying of a disease brought on by smoking prematurely
3) The health drawbacks for myself from second hand smoke
4) Waste of money in general. £6-£7 a pack is crazy.

agreed 100%
Original post by Anonymous
Am I the only person that thinks a hot girls lighting up a cigarette automatically makes her look more sexy and elegant?

It personally turns me on; a lot.

Am I on my own with this fetish?:redface:

Is this just any girl smoking? Or a skinny, good looking girl smoking?
Reply 6
I see what you're talking about. A good looking person smoking is quite sexy, not sure what it is. I've quit though, it's far too expensive and the angry non-smokers are too annoying to be worth it.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It's sad if you do think that anon OP

I know, what a lame thread.

Been here for a long time, but I swear the quality of threads keeps going down. :rolleyes:
A constant, thick, mucus filled cough and usually bad breath. Yummy. :colone:
Reply 9
Original post by SheldonWannabe
A constant, thick, mucus filled cough and usually bad breath. Yummy. :colone:

Not to mention that awful smell of nicotine, good God who wouldn't think that **** sexy :rolleyes:
Reply 10
It's sad if you do think that anon OP, or are you being paid to run threads like this by the tobacco industry, like Kate Moss?

It isn't sexy, it's a sad, sad thing to do to your health and no woman should start smoking. It also smells very strongly, I can smell a smoker at the other end of the train compartment.

I can see where the OP is coming from, it's quite sad that he thanks that.. but we all have our odd fetishes I guess...
I just feel really, really sorry for them and wonder how that has happened, that they have ended up smoking.

There is no need to be so patronising. Most people start smoking because their friends did/they wanted to try/they were young and naive, then you get addicted and there is never really a right time to quit.

Unless you've smoked it's difficult to understand. I started because I wanted to look "cool" and mature when I was about 14. It became a habit that I smoked when listening to music and so was difficult to quit. Stupid really but I was young, I assume most smokers started like this.

Nobody starts smoking because they hate their body and decide upon a very slow suicide. There is no need to feel "really, really sorry for them". It's just a stupid decision that turns into a habit.
Reply 12
Original post by llessur123
There is no need to be so patronising. Most people start smoking because their friends did/they wanted to try/they were young and naive, then you get addicted and there is never really a right time to quit.

Unless you've smoked it's difficult to understand. I started because I wanted to look "cool" and mature when I was about 14. It became a habit that I smoked when listening to music and so was difficult to quit. Stupid really but I was young, I assume most smokers started like this.

Nobody starts smoking because they hate their body and decide upon a very slow suicide. There is no need to feel "really, really sorry for them". It's just a stupid decision that turns into a habit.

I have always wanted to get addicted to smoking just to see how hard it is to stop

I reckon I would be able to quite easily....

Am I very wrong here? I have just wondered why smokers find it THAT hard to stop.. ..can you not just... stop?
:confused:

EDIT: I just read that and realised how stupid I sounded! lolol
Reply 13
It depends:

Yes
effy sm.gif

Nofat chav smoking.jpg
I think girls who smoke are extremely disgusting.
Reply 15
Not at all. I can find a girl really attractive and then when I find out she smokes then the attraction just vanishes.
Original post by madfish
I have always wanted to get addicted to smoking just to see how hard it is to stop

Am I very wrong here? I have just wondered why smokers find it THAT hard to stop.. ..can you not just... stop?

Definitely easier than some other addictions despite the amount some people moan about it. When I see people compare it to alcohol addiction I just want to slap them.

And my girlfriend smokes, and is sexy, so this must all be true.
I personally think the fact that you think that is terribly disgusting.

A man who smokes is the biggest turn off there is, same with drugs. I turn in the complete opposite direction as I don't want to be with an idiot.

Feel free to thumbs me down.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by madfish

I thought that too, "I'll be able to stop so no need to worry now". The idea of quitting is much simpler than the reality. It's like telling obese people to just stop eating, not as simple as it sounds. Once you've developed an addiction it's very hard to stop. The fact that nicotine withdrawal turns most people into angry pricks doesn't help matters either. I used to start smoking again just so the world wouldn't piss me off so much haha.
Reply 19
Original post by s.a.u
It depends:

Yes
effy sm.gif

Nofat chav smoking.jpg

In such case, it is not the act of smoking that is turning you on, it is the female without upper lip hair, more than I'm able to grow might I add. :pierre: