The Student Room Group

were you popular in school?

yes or no? i wasnt popular at school, seeing as i was home tutored, so i couldnt be popular as i was the only one in the 'school'.

Scroll to see replies

Hahahaha NO.

I'm far from popular, at least with the 'popular' people. I'm quite quiet and studious, and I'm liked by most people similar to me, but by the popular people I'm very much regarded as inferior.
Reply 2
i might be stereotyping, but, the popular ones seem to be the confident, loud, good looking ones who are good at sport?
Reply 3
Original post by Jack the hat
i might be stereotyping, but, the popular ones seem to be the confident, loud, good looking ones who are good at sport?

Agreed. Also the popular ones seem to be "less" smart that the majority of people.
Reply 4
Original post by GreigM
Agreed. Also the popular ones seem to be "less" smart that the majority of people.

im sure that some 'popular' kids pretend to be thicker than what they are in order to be 'cool' :rolleyes:
Nah I wasn't popular, had a few really good friends though so I wasn't bothered :smile:
Most of the 'popular' people from my high school have children now..
I'm quite popular with the smart people (basically my Latin class :mmm:)

Otherwise people tend to either ignore me or make fun of me :tongue: Thankfully I don't see these people a lot. My media class can be tiresome (it's a subject that seems to attract these sorts of people, although some of my best friends are also in the class).
Reply 7
I was relatively popular. I'm not sure why because I made no effort to make friends, people just liked me. Not that it really mattered in the long run, I only speak to one or two of them now. It's all down to confidence really.
**** the popular kids and all that fake cliquey crap. I may not be the most popular kid but I have a close group of friends.
Reply 9
Original post by Jack the hat
yes or no? i wasnt popular at school, seeing as i was home tutored, so i couldnt be popular as i was the only one in the 'school'.

Depends...
Our school was ridiculously cliquey. All the 'popular' people sat on one side of the common room and everyone else sat on the other side. It was like the apartheid haha.

I wasn't popular with the 'populars', but I was popular in the sense I had a lot of friends.
Reply 11
See in our old school, we didn't really have a popular/unpopular crowd. It was one of the best things about our school. Everyone intermingled with each other. True, you had that socially awkward kid but even they would have a close group of friends.
Reply 12
I am on good terms with most people and am fairly loud and usually quite humorous so I'm popular to an extent, but I haven't embedded myself inside a group so I'm nobody's best friend really.

I guess it depends on your definition of a popular person, I don't really mind either way to be honest - either way I'm still me and I have chosen 4 or 5 great friends from around the few cliques in my year.
Reply 13
I was a dick in highschool. Thought I was cool as f**k but I was actually a bellend.
Well tbh the popular at my ones were not really the only popular ones :lol: We just considered the popular ones the group that had parties together. Except for the chavvy and brain dead people we were all nice to each other and were acquaintances but stuck to groups of about 10-20. And just didn't talk to anyone out side of our group outside of school. Unless you count about 90% of my year popular then there were no popular people.
I'm still in school and I'm far from popular. I've never been the confident type and hardly speak, only to a few close friends. And I'm not the prettiest flower in the garden either. Popularity these days seems to be primarily based on looks as opposed to personality. The majority of the "popular" fellows at my school seem to have the personalities of a wooden spoon :rolleyes:

All the schools in South London seem to harbour a crowd that smokes marijuana at lunchtime and mocks pretty much everyone who doesn't do so and a crowd who replicate the Topshop website's front page.
(edited 11 years ago)
Popular? No. Nor did I want to be popular, most people who were popular at my school are now on the dole and have kids.
I was very popular because I'm good looking as well as smart and confident, if I wasn't good looking or was short, then I would have been unpopular.

Neg me you little whiny bitches
Reply 18
Not popular, but I do get on with pretty much everyone. I'm quite sarcastic and not afraid to make a complete tit of myself, which usually goes down well. However, it's an all girls school, so I guess it's a pretty different atmosphere to mixed schools. Popularity has just never really been important within our year...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Popular among the nerds? Yes!
Popular among my year? Far from it...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending