The Student Room Group

science revision tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi i have gcse science applied exam coming up next friday which basically requires everything like biology,physics and chemistry so im really stressed out as i keep on forgetting things as i memorize them and i really want do well on it as im doing foundation.

any tips would be really appreciated !!!!

please give serious comments
Hi there. A way i revise Science is by using record cards and memorizing the basics, also by illustrating certain aspects of for example physics with the negative and positive charges. You could also try answering the questions in your CGP book.
MAKE SURE YOU USE LOTS OF COLOUR AS IT HELPS YOU MEMORISE THINGS REALLY WELL - IT WORKS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BAD MEMORY LIKE ME... A PRIME EXAMPLE HEHE.
Good luck in your exam! Hopefully you'll get your target grade. Mine's on the 9th June. :biggrin:
hazzyrox
hi i have gcse science applied exam coming up next friday which basically requires everything like biology,physics and chemistry so im really stressed out as i keep on forgetting things as i memorize them and i really want do well on it as im doing foundation.

wait till u get to A-levels and uni.
tip: read, cover, re-write, check....repeat many times :biggrin:
good luck
Reply 3
hazzyrox

Your doing foundation? Might as well go to sleep...
Reply 4
Hanz_a93
Your doing foundation? Might as well go to sleep...

why should she go to sleep..you should be actually encouraging here to revise not to give up anyways what percentage do you need on a higher paper to get a c?
Reply 5
I do bio and chem at a level and my revision has always worked really well (I got A*s at gcses and As in my january modules), so hopefully they'll work for you. Science is all about memory I find..
Firstly, go through the text book, making bullet points of key points..
Make lists of things when there's more than one thing to remember on a specific topic such as a list of the causes of heart disease? Or spider diagrams.
Flash cards could work? Or make big posters and stick them all around your room? I got a D in chemistry mock for my january module so COVERED my mirrors and walls with revision over the christmas holidays and came out with an A :smile: It's possible!
Keep reading over your notes and do some exam-style questions! Good luck!
Reply 6
have a ****. Have another ****. then turn up to the exam
normally works well
Reply 7
Make notes using coloured pens and with the CGP guide next to you.
Do ALL past papers three times, making sure you actually understand everything.
That's what I did and I got A and A* (400/400 :smile:) for double science, it worked well for me. I was originally entered for foundation tier for core science, but I made things change, so do NOT give up.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by krisshP
Make notes using coloured pens and with the CGP guide next to you.
Do ALL past papers three times, making sure you actually understand everything.
That's what I did and I got A and A* (400/400 :smile:) for double science, it worked well for me. I was originally entered for foundation tier for core science, but I made things change, so do NOT give up.

Your tips should be really helpful to her 3 years late :colone:
Reply 9
Original post by SheldonWannabe
Your tips should be really helpful to her 3 years late :colone:

:frown: Just saw one of the post's date :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending