The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by im so academic
Why and how?

So you would judge me as pathetic because I am so ugly?

I don't think I place enough emphasis.

I'm not sure why I'm bothering seeing as you've been posting the same drivel for years and you just don't listen.

You have serious self-esteem / insecurity issues which you should get help with.
You have an unhealthy obsession with looks, whether you are ugly or not I don't know. I've never seen you. You also seem to think that your self worth comes from how many guys find you attractive.

I can see you becoming one of those girls that sleeps are around not for your own enjoyment, but to get confirmation that someone finds you attractive. Seen it happen too many times.

Going to the OP, I'm actually quite a shallow person. I do seem to judge people based on looks. Having a quick look, most of my female friends are attractive.

But no, I do not hate ugly people. If you have a good personality then it should be irrelevant how you look. (Friendship wise)

Also, you keep mentioning the importance of looks for men. When I highly doubt you would go for a guy who us ugly. But as said countless time, looks are subjective. Yes there's usually somewhat of a consensus of physical attraction, but that's not the entirety of a persons attractiveness.

Like you keep talking about guys who you can never have. Maybe stop going for these guys, accept your ranking and low your standards. If you don't want to then fine, don't. But you'll be single for a long time.

Like the girl I'm seeing atm, was shocked that I liked her. She didn't see herself as very attractive when if fact she's beautiful and had me up on some pedestal. Tbf, I am a sexy sexy man. Lol j/k.

But seriously, you've made so many of these threads and you never listen.

Assuming that you are ugly you only have two options really:

1) Accept that you're ugly, stop comparing yourself to other people and get on with your life.

2) Continue this path which I assure you will only lead to deep mental health problems.

P.S You can PM me a pic of yourself and I will give you my opinion of you/ try and give tips etc. If you want to anyway.

W.E

Peace out.
Reply 61
Original post by MasterJomi
I'm not sure why I'm bothering seeing as you've been posting the same drivel for years and you just don't listen.

You have serious self-esteem / insecurity issues which you should get help with.
You have an unhealthy obsession with looks, whether you are ugly or not I don't know. I've never seen you. You also seem to think that your self worth comes from how many guys find you attractive.

I can see you becoming one of those girls that sleeps are around not for your own enjoyment, but to get confirmation that someone finds you attractive. Seen it happen too many times.

Going to the OP, I'm actually quite a shallow person. I do seem to judge people based on looks. Having a quick look, most of my female friends are attractive.

But no, I do not hate ugly people. If you have a good personality then it should be irrelevant how you look. (Friendship wise)

Also, you keep mentioning the importance of looks for men. When I highly doubt you would go for a guy who us ugly. But as said countless time, looks are subjective. Yes there's usually somewhat of a consensus of physical attraction, but that's not the entirety of a persons attractiveness.

Like you keep talking about guys who you can never have. Maybe stop going for these guys, accept your ranking and low your standards. If you don't want to then fine, don't. But you'll be single for a long time.

Like the girl I'm seeing atm, was shocked that I liked her. She didn't see herself as very attractive when if fact she's beautiful and had me up on some pedestal. Tbf, I am a sexy sexy man. Lol j/k.

1) Accept that you're ugly, stop comparing yourself to other people and get on with your life.

2) Continue this path which I assure you will only lead to deep mental health problems.

P.S You can PM me a pic of yourself and I will give you my opinion of you/ try and give tips etc. If you want to anyway.

W.E

Peace out.

I know this is a serious thread but i couldnt stop laughing when i read the last part! lol:tongue:
ps i dont think your that ugly even if you where? some ppl say
There is no ugly woman only lazy women
Good luck!:smile:
Original post by redpanda41
'Ugly girls' are the new 'nice guys'....

Hahaha, so true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by akash11
Being attrative can make a big difference to a person life, but thier is so much more to life then relationships and lack of a relationship does not make life dull or worthless its imporatatnt to appreciate what you have and what you can do. By the post you've made on this forum its likly that your a healthy intelligent young women who could do so much in life andf leed a life of so much happioness. You could become a millionaire, a leading acdemic etc. You could even have a family one day.

Please dont make the mistake that i've have I joined this form when i was 16 around 4 years ago as a result i've been so depresses about my looks to the point whwre its destroyed many of my acadeic asperations, beacuse TSR a forum of healthy middle class teenagers is obviously my nature of it demographic project the idea that looks are increadimbly imporant ( they are imporanrat but not ear as impoarant as its potrayed on this forum).

Speaking from experience my advise would be to leave this formum permentatnly ( dont come bace even for academic advise), and focuos on what you can control, you cant to much about yuour looks but lamenting over your lack of attartiveness only makes things worse.

You're right, but it's easier said than done. I think about this constantly. Every single day.
Original post by Cornelius
I don't judge people on the basis of looks. Men or women.

Really?

Who in the world hates ugly women?

Everyone, including guys.

Any person is worth far more than his/her looks. That you find someone unattractive because of the way he/she looks, does not mean that you think he/she is worthless. The best people (who are worth quite a lot) I know are not great looking. No connection between a person's worth and her looks.

And those people are men, so they can get away with it.

These are my 100% honest opinions. That you find it hard to believe that other people don't put so much emphasis on looks is your problem. That you believe "beauty is subjective" is bull****, is also your problem. Both cliches are true as far as I am concerned.

Do you think I want to feel this way? I really don't.
Original post by CJKay
Dat insecurity.

I'm not actually insecure. If (and they have) a guy told me that I was ugly, I'd laugh it off or make a joke about it. I wouldn't go and cry about it (not in front of them, and even if I would - it depends on who was saying it). I'm not insecure. I know I'm ugly. So I'm secure with myself in the knowledge that I'm so ugly.

No, I'd judge you as somewhat mentally at risk to yourself because you are so insecure.
I've got zero idea what you look like, so it obviously didn't take your looks for me to make a judgement on you.

???
Original post by on-acid
If you don't like the way you look, why not do something about it? And don't say that it won't change anything because I know, from experience, that it does. I used to be called 'Ursula' (the sea witch from the Little Mermaid) and 'hideous'/'gross' by a lot of people in my school when I was younger. And yes, it hurt, but it only made me want to shove it right back in their faces. Nowadays, I work part-time as a model/performer. The ones who used to be mean to me all shut up - several even attempted to ask me out.

I didn't go through any plastic surgery. I just went through the 'braces' phase until I got them removed, changed my glasses for contact lenses, ate a lot more healthily & exercised a whole lot more, learnt how to put on some make up, learnt how to dress better, cut my hair, started using proper face-cleansing products, improved my posture, etc. It was undoubtedly a long process, but if you don't let your self-esteem fall and you don't give up, you'll eventually see results and feel a lot more confident in your own skin.

My experience taught me a few things: 1) People DO judge others by their looks (but it's not the ONLY thing they'll base their judgement on). 2) You can ALWAYS make improvements to your appearance. And... 3) If looks is ALL a person sees in you, and it is all that matters to them, then they're not worth your time anyways. :smile:

What about those so-called "natural beauties" who don't need anything and yet are so beautiful?
Original post by MasterJomi

I'm not insecure. I'm secure in the knowledge that I'm ugly. I'm not one of those girls that cries every night because they're ugly. I accept that I'm ugly. I'm just pissed off that's the way I am.

Well obviously if you're pretty you would have lots of guys wanting to shag you. :rolleyes:

Obviously.

So be it.

W.E

Peace out.

I can't get on with my life because I'm a woman.
Reply 68
Beauty is objective up to a point. What that means is that a woman can be a 10 to one man and an 8 to another, but she is unlikely to be less than a 5. So if we're not counting fetishes or very specific preferences, I'd say a woman can generally vary around 3 points from one man to another. IME, a 'traditionally' attractive woman (swimsuit model style) will be between 7-9.
A woman's number is never definite though. A woman who's an 8+ does a LOT to maintain that, and most women can certainly change their efforts to increase several points. Not everybody can be an 8 or more, but most women can tone up and make efforts with their hair/makeup.

Are men visual? Yes. Being good looking does not guarantee happiness, but the general rule is that your looks attract a man, your personality will make him stay.
In terms of what is attractive, I consider that obvious. Clear, glowing skin, symmetrical features, full lips, big eyes, small nose. A slim body with some curves. Long, full and shiny hair. Looks which signalize fertility and are feminine.
Men will try to get a woman who's as beautiful as they can, or at least what they think they deserve. They will choose a woman who's 1 or 2 points lower if she has a much better personality, but they won't go way lower than their potential.
So, what are women to do? Become as attractive as you can be, have a positive and lovely personality, aim for the right guys.
Reply 69
Original post by Rim991

There is no ugly woman only lazy women

100%. Not everybody can be a 9 or a 10, obviously, but nobody's "sentenced" to be a 3.
Original post by Millie228
Beauty is objective up to a point. What that means is that a woman can be a 10 to one man and an 8 to another, but she is unlikely to be less than a 5. So if we're not counting fetishes or very specific preferences, I'd say a woman can generally vary around 3 points from one man to another. IME, a 'traditionally' attractive woman (swimsuit model style) will be between 7-9.
A woman's number is never definite though. A woman who's an 8+ does a LOT to maintain that, and most women can certainly change their efforts to increase several points. Not everybody can be an 8 or more, but most women can tone up and make efforts with their hair/makeup.

Are men visual? Yes. Being good looking does not guarantee happiness, but the general rule is that your looks attract a man, your personality will make him stay.
In terms of what is attractive, I consider that obvious. Clear, glowing skin, symmetrical features, full lips, big eyes, small nose. A slim body with some curves. Long, full and shiny hair. Looks which signalize fertility and are feminine.
Men will try to get a woman who's as beautiful as they can, or at least what they think they deserve. They will choose a woman who's 1 or 2 points lower if she has a much better personality, but they won't go way lower than their potential.
So, what are women to do? Become as attractive as you can be, have a positive and lovely personality, aim for the right guys.

Oh yes it does.
100%. Not everybody can be a 9 or a 10, obviously, but nobody's "sentenced" to be a 3.

They are if they have disgusting features, like me.
Reply 72
Oh yes it does.

How on earth would you know if you are naturally "ugly" as you say?

I know far too many beautiful and miserable people. I would be rated in the upper end of the scale as well, and I've had my share of depression.
Reply 73
They are if they have disgusting features, like me.

We have to see a picture to believe that there is nothing you can do to look better.
How on earth would you know if you are naturally "ugly" as you say?

I know far too many beautiful and miserable people. I would be rated in the upper end of the scale as well, and I've had my share of depression.

Because I know that if I were beautiful, I would be happy.
Reply 75

No, you don't. It's a hypothetical situation. It is the same as someone saying they'd be happy if they were rich. And they're wrong.
No, you don't. It's a hypothetical situation. It is the same as someone saying they'd be happy if they were rich. And they're wrong.

Yes I do know. Beauty is a prerequisite to happiness.
Reply 77
Yes I do know. Beauty is a prerequisite to happiness.

No it is not. You have no idea what you're talking about, and at this point you are not believable at all.
You insist that you are ugly, but at the same time claim to know what it is like to be beautiful and all that it entails.
You do not submit a photo, I would imagine from fear that someone would actually tell you how to improve your appearance.
Your arguments are inconsistent and reeks of someone in denial. I don't know why you constantly start threads when you are unwilling to accept any opinion which differs from your own.
With these personality traits, I am not surprised you are single and will remain so. With an attitude shift, you could at the very least score a guy at your own level of attractiveness. But I suppose for some, complete self-pity is the preferable lifestyle.
Reply 78
What about those so-called "natural beauties" who don't need anything and yet are so beautiful?

Why are you bringing them up? If they even exist, anyway. I refuse to believe that a woman could be 'so naturally beautiful' without putting in some work to enhance what she was born with. It could be as simple as staying healthy, lotioning the skin, concealing dark circles, conditioning the hair - but nonetheless, it is work. Of course, some woman are just lucky in a way that they need to do less work than others eg. They have naturally good skin or fast metabolism. But it doesn't mean they can just sit around and expect to be a 9-10/10 throughout their lives without having to do anything. Not to mention personality also factors into beauty - as well as charisma.

The point I was trying to make is that EVERYONE can improve on their physical appeal. I'm not saying everybody has the potential to be an 8-9/10, but significant changes can be made. Heck, I personally never thought I would ever be considered for modelling, and would probably never have been if I stayed the "Ursula" kid with low self-esteem who didn't care to make the effort of dressing up and taking care of her face, hair, and body.

People are born with different features and body types - some of these are considered prettier than others. That is a fact of life you just have to get over. What you CAN do, however, is work with what you've got. A bit of make-up, a trip to the salon, a bit of weight lost and clothes that flatter a woman's specific type of body can knock any woman up a few points. So if you're a 3/10 then you'll be up to at least a 5-6/10. Likewise, the so-called "natural beauties" are usually 7-8/10 and, with a little extra work, become 9-10/10.

It's not about how you compare to every other girl - don't expect to be like Miranda Kerr or Emma Watson - it's about making yourself look your best, working your assets, and embracing your look. This will bring you confidence which, in turn, would make you at least twice as attractive. If you work for something, you'll get results; in contrast, if you do nothing but depress yourself over how 'ugly' you are, then don't expect change to magically happen. This isn't Cinderella, there isn't a magical wand to transform you overnight.
I'm not insecure. I'm secure in the knowledge that I'm ugly. I'm not one of those girls that cries every night because they're ugly. I accept that I'm ugly. I'm just pissed off that's the way I am.

Fine. You're ugly. Deal with it.

Well obviously if you're pretty you would have lots of guys wanting to shag you. :rolleyes:

you clearly underestimate the influence of alcohol on desperate males. You do not need to be pretty to get around.

Obviously.

then why keep making threads about a subject which you know the answer to?

So be it.

I can't get on with my life because I'm a woman.

My know many women who get on perfectly fine with life. My sister's doing great.
You're equating the value of a women's life with the amount of male attention.

If that was the case, why are you chasing something you can never have. In your mind you're ugly, so will never be beautiful therefor you're putting an impossible restriction to your happiness.

Latest