The Student Room Group

OCR Salters Chemistry Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hello Salters Students!
It has been a while but I've managed to find some excellent revision notes:

They are not specific to OCR Salters but I've taken a look and their pretty awesome.

Remember, if anything is difficult, you can always visit the 'chemguide'.
Reply 21
Original post by CoolRunner
any 1 here got the june 2012 f331 paper? all i have is the examiner report -__-

That's unlikely. Exam papers usually arrive after 8 months from the original date.
However, why not check out this thread to get an idea of what the exam was like?
Reply 23
Original post by badwolf96
For those of you who like to revise from Chemical Ideas, you've probably already downloaded the mark scheme from the Internet.

However, this is a more updated and accurate mark scheme where the questions correspond to the answers and all exercises are covered. Check it out here: http://boswellsgmt.wikispaces.com/CHEMICAL+IDEAS

I have merged all of them in to one pdf because i find it easier, for others that may too it is here.

I also have the A2 answers somewhere i will upload them when i find it on my laptop :smile:
A good, decent, well presented, generally effective revision guide? I refuse to buy the one by the exam board that looks like it has just strolled out of the 1950s.

Cheers
Reply 25
Original post by Gettingthere
A good, decent, well presented, generally effective revision guide? I refuse to buy the one by the exam board that looks like it has just strolled out of the 1950s.

Cheers

Definitely go for CGP. They're revision guide can be found here: http://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/pages/pageFlip.asp?c=CRBR52

It's definitely worth it (as I own a copy) and many students have claimed that using just by using this revision guide and past papers, they have got an 'A' in AS Chemistry.

Reply 26
Many of you will already know this, but chemguide is an extremely valuable resource for any difficulties for Chemistry. Check it out!
Reply 27
Hey guys, i was wondering, do you have any great notes for the F332 exam thats sorta close to the specification?
It would help so much :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by salim_5420
Hey guys, i was wondering, do you have any great notes for the F332 exam thats sorta close to the specification?
It would help so much :biggrin:

You should find the following notes very useful: http://www.scribd.com/collections/3614045/Chemistry-revision

They're pretty useful and probably the best F332 notes you'll find.
Reply 29
This thread is so useful, thank you to everyone who's posted :-)
Reply 31
first of all thank you for all the helpful advice here! I was wandering if anyone has a elements of sea of unit test that I could use for revision?:smile:
Reply 32
Original post by eddyf
first of all thank you for all the helpful advice here! I was wandering if anyone has a elements of sea of unit test that I could use for revision?:smile:

We are getting pretty close to exam season so I suggest that you start doing the F331 and F332 papers.
Reply 33
Ready for the exams? Why not start doing some quizzes to help yourself out?

Click this link to do some Chemistry Salters quizzes in order to test your knowledge so far...
Original post by badwolf96
To all those who are suffering the wrath of OCR Salters Chemistry, I bring to you, a thread dedicated to helping those in need.

On this page we will share online resources, attachments and give general advice and help to each other in order to create the largest OCR Salters Study Resource for current and future A-Level Students.

As a welcome gift, I give to you: http://4college.co.uk a website for OCR Salters Revision Notes and an attached revision guide for Elements of the Sea. More will follow...

Hi I am doing A2 salters at the moment and I wanted to ask why is it considered such a terrible course? What's wrong with it? I am finding it alright.
Original post by thegreenchildren
Hi I am doing A2 salters at the moment and I wanted to ask why is it considered such a terrible course? What's wrong with it? I am finding it alright.

Its the hardest chemistry board of all (harder than AQA, Edexcel, OCR A and WJEC). Thats why its considered a terrible course :L
Anyone gone through the advance notice yet for F332? Retaking it to bump my grade to a higher A... :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 37
Original post by CoolRunner
Its the hardest chemistry board of all (harder than AQA, Edexcel, OCR A and WJEC). Thats why its considered a terrible course :L

Isn't Edexcel hardest?
Reply 38
Original post by thegreenchildren

Just wanted to ask you a question. When doing the F332 past papers, did you look at the corresponding advance notices, or did you directly do the past papers?
Thanks
Original post by krisshP
Isn't Edexcel hardest?

lmao, edexcel is way easier than salters.

Quick Reply

Latest