The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Economics at Durham (L100) or Economics and Chinese at Edinburgh (LT11)

Hi

I got offers from the two above (Economics at Durham (L100) or Economics and Chinese at Edinburgh (LT11)) and have no idea which one to firm:
Which one is most prestigeous?
Which one is most advanced, challenging?
Which brings the best work prospects?

Thanks in advance to anyone who give a (useful) reply
Reply 1
Original post by misso2013
Hi

I got offers from the two above (Economics at Durham (L100) or Economics and Chinese at Edinburgh (LT11)) and have no idea which one to firm:

Disclaimer: My knowledge is incredibly limited, I'm busy procrastinating right now.

From what I know, both UoE and Durham are really prestigious. Durham is probably more prestigious for being the d in doxbridge.

I was considering Durham for my exchange year, and they were only second choice (Edinburgh was first) because they don't really do any research in my specific sub-field. The campus looks gorgeous. So, I think mostly what it comes down to would be what educational setting do you like better, how big of a place do you want to live in, etc. The other thing I could see being a deterrent to Durham is that it seems like a lot of really rich kids go there, so if you're not comfortable with the public-school crowd, maybe not. Anyways, I doubt you could go wrong. If I was majoring in arts/humanities, I'd definitely go for Durham. Their music makes me weep.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by misso2013
Hi

Congratulations, are you good at maths ? :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending