A-levels

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by StephenNaulls
Oh no! Not even if you get a Distinction*? :/

Nope :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
You will have to write quite a bit of essay in Economics and do a fair bit of reading, so if you don't like English and reading, it might not be a pleasure doing Economics...
Reply 42
Original post by hypercube
You will have to write quite a bit of essay in Economics and do a fair bit of reading, so if you don't like English and reading, it might not be a pleasure doing Economics...

I like reading but not essay writing lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by JF2013
I like reading but not essay writing lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

It might depend on the exam board. I'm on AQA and the AS papers have a multiple choice section, but in general the essay writing is the part that distinguishes you with others. But it's really intense, unless you're really fast, you will have to write your socks off from the beginning to the end of the exam...
Reply 44
Original post by yagmurgokhan
Am currently in year 11 and am struggling to choose my A-levels. I enjoy maths and am workibg on an A/A* at gcse; thus ill pick this.

Anyone doing geography can you tell me the rate of difficulty of the subject. Is it worth picking?

I got an A in biology gcse. However i have heard its really hard. Should i pick it or pick psychology. Please can someone give me some information about the coursework too. Where can i see a sample from?

Finally how hard is economics and is it a good subject?

I am a person working on A's, who dislikes reading, english is my current worse subject and i have never tried economics before.

I need URGENT help about my choices!!!!

Thanks in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geography is fine so long as you work hard - it's not difficult to understand, just a lot of content. Both Biology and Psychology are really interesting at A level, I'd say, from experience, that although I enjoyed Biology more, Psychology was probably easier (got a lot of names to learn though!) None of these have coursework though... Or at least not the boards that I've done (AQA for Geography and Psychology [I think]/ OCR for Biology).

Economics is a highly regarded subject, and your Mathematical background will help :smile: Can't comment on the difficulty however. It's always good to try a new subject at A level though, in my opinion. I think all four would actually go really nicely together - and is a good balance.

As for reading, for any subject you will be expected to read around the subject... Welcome to A levels!

Quick Reply