The Student Room Group

Does this UCAS offer seem a bit far fetched?

I've applied for Computer Science and Computer Science with Industrial Placement at the University of Aberdeen.

Last year I scored AABBC at Scottish Higher level

I've recently received conditionals for both courses, the conditions being that I score a further AABB (for Computer Science) or AAAB (for Computer Science with Industrial Placement).

So, that means that in total, I will have been required to obtain AAAABBBBC or AAAAABBBC in order to gain a place at University.

Does this not seem a little extreme?
Is the competition at Aberdeen really that fierce?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by TheEvilViolin
I've applied for Computer Science and Computer Science with Industrial Placement at the University of Aberdeen.

Last year I scored AABBC.

I've recently received conditionals for both courses, the conditions being that I score a further AABB (for Computer Science) or AAAB (for Computer Science with Industrial Placement).

So, that means that in total, I will have been required to obtain AAAABBBBC or AAAAABBBC in order to gain a place at University.

Does this not seem a little extreme?
Is the competition at Aberdeen really that fierce?

You got AABBC at AS right?

Your offers means you have to get AABB or AAAB as your grades at A2 from the subjects that you carry on from AS.
Reply 2
Original post by Paddy S
You got AABBC at AS right?

Your offers means you have to get AABB or AAAB as your grades at A2 from the subjects that you carry on from AS.

You missed out the point that the OP is doing the Scottish highers right and not alevels?
If the Offer isnt clear and you dont understand what they are asking for, then phone up (dont email) and check directly with the Uni.
Reply 4
Original post by CoolRunner
You missed out the point that the OP is doing the Scottish highers right and not alevels?

Oh sorry I misread it.
Reply 5
Lol sorry thats quite funny, but Id ring them up to be sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending