The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Mad Vlad
Christ. Come back when you have a rational argument. I genuinely cannot be arsed arguing with this level of ignorance.

P
R
S
O
M

I just read that and I actually want to throw my tablet out of the window in my room. I've never been so insulted in my life by a person I have never met.
That's a lovely argument, but all that tells me is that Christianity is a homophobic religion. It doesn't tell me why sexual orientation - an unconsciously assigned attribute - is any different from race, gender or skin colour. I am very offended that you think that sexual orientation is a choice and it demonstrates your naivety about this topic.

I'm not suggesting that Christians should agree with homosexuality - their beliefs are their own business. What I'm advocating is that LGBT people get treated with the respect that any other person should enjoy. I can have opinions about people all I like, but that doesn't give me the right to be discriminatory.

The couple are running a business on a commercial premises. Regardless of their beliefs they have no right to refuse service on the basis of the couple's sexual orientation. Who are they to judge?

As for why would the couple deliberately visit there? They booked into a B&B hotel. It's not advertised as SUPER CHRISTIAN HOTEL FOR ANYONE BUT GAYS. They didn't book in there to deliberately piss off the owners. They wanted a holiday break. The last thing they wanted was what happened.

And the chances are, you've met hundreds; you just don't know it - you're just unaware. Believe it or not, most LGBT people are nothing like the stereotype you see portrayed on TV. It's probably a function of the fact that your beliefs and opinions of homosexuality that people around you that care about you hide their identity because they are worried what you'll think. That's a horrible position to be in. Can you begin to appreciate how harmful that is?

I believe that it´s a choice, and nothing you do will change that.
God doesn´t create individuals whom he speaks badly about in the Quran.
God is loving and wants the best for his creation, so why would he create homosexuals :confused:.

Now when I think about it I´ve met a girl who was in a homosexual mess.
She´s a girl, who feels like a guy, dresses like a guy, and is together with a girl who feels like a guy but is a girl and the girl I know (she was in my class, until she decided to leave after much bullying) refers to the girl as boyfriend.
Clearly this is messed up. This is clearly the work of the devil. How can you deny this :confused: The girl is confused and needs guidance by god. I remember that I felt really sorry for her. You know, she´s is still human, albeit very confused.

If I found out that a male friend was gay, I would cut all contact with him. I can´t be around someone of the same gender that wants to do sexual stuff with me. That´s just disgusting.
How can I man-hug him , jump on him like after scoring a goal in football or something along those lines
We arabs also have a certain way of greeting each other. How could I possibly greet someone like this if they´re gay!
well, discriminating or not, it's their hotel, their home, their land, whatever. They built it, they paid for it, they're running the business. It's up to the couple whether or not they wanna allow gays,lesbians,trans,etc etc to stay for the night or not.

It's like, imagine it's your home, and if someone came to u and wanted to come in or sleep or whatever, it's up to YOU to let them in or not. Might be discriminating, but in the end, it's YOUR house.

So people please get over it.

PS: I have nothing against gay ppl BTW...I'm just stating the principle of owners having the right to allow who and not to stay at their hotel/home

PPS: /End of thread. Discussion has come to a moot. Good night!
(edited 11 years ago)
Funnily enough, in the tour guide, it doesn't tend to have:

Comfortable, period rooms

Delightful views of countryside

15 minutes from nearest town

Bat**** crazy militant homophobic Christian owners

I don't really get the choice. Nor do I expect to have to select a hotel on the basis of how "Gay Friendly" it is in this day and age.

I agree with that it's just that even though their actions weren't right, in a way they would be doing me a favor by telling me no to go there. It's better to be told that they don't accept homosexuals rather than paying for a load of crap from their dry service because they don't accept us because of their religion. They basically told me that I would be wasting my money.

Also what I read a while ago that in 2007 there was a poll in countries whether homosexuality should be accepted in society and in the UK 71%-80% said it should be. This is really high compared to most other countries. We will encounter a situation like this from time to time it's inevitable, hopefully this percentage will increase throughout the years but we have to accept the fact that religion and some close minded people will oppose us. I would much prefer being rejected from a B&B for being homosexual than being killed for it in another country. This situation is nothing compared to what other LGBT people have to go through so I am more willing to accept the fact that they wouldn't want me in their B&B.
Reply 124
Original post by Bluffroom
P
R
S
O
M

I just read that and I actually want to throw my tablet out of the window in my room. I've never been so insulted in my life by a person I have never met.

I was not trying to insult you. Definetely not my intention. I answered your questions from a muslim´s point of view. I am her to help you.
Also why do you deny the obvious :confused: Let go of your satanic desires and embrace Allah, our creator. Only then will you find peace with yourself. I can only imagine the inner conflict and guilt you feel from committing these disgusting homosexual acts.
You think that by commiting these satanic desires you´re able to pursue happiness. But you´re wrong my friend. Only by accepting and embracing Allah will you find true peace and happiness.

I know that it will be hard, because the devil is strong but Allah is far stronger, and with his help you will be able to free yourself of the devil and stop committing these evil acts of homosexuality.

Maybe read some of the Quran online, and you might change your mind.
Who knows, maybe one day you will revert back to islam.

Always remember, Allah Knows Best!
Original post by satisfactionatlast
well, discriminating or not, it's their hotel, their home, their land, whatever. They built it, they paid for it, they're running the business. It's up to the couple whether or not they wanna allow gays,lesbians,trans,etc etc to stay for the night or not.

It's like, imagine it's your home, and if someone came to u and wanted to come in or sleep or whatever, it's up to YOU to let them in or not. Might be discriminating, but in the end, it's YOUR house.

So people please get over it.

PS: I have nothing against gay ppl BTW...I'm just stating the principle of owners having the right to allow who and not to stay at their hotel/home

PPS: /End of thread. Discussion has come to a moot. Good night!

It's not like someone turning up on my doorstep and asking to stay, because I don't run a B&B.
Reply 126
Original post by Ali-Iraq94
God is loving and wants the best for his creation, so why would he create homosexuals :confused:.

Well your belief is ignorant and wrong. I was born gay - and I will not be able to change that - and I don't want to. I am proud that I am gay and there is nothing wrong with it. Did the devil also afflict over 1500 species in the animal kingdom? It may sound controversial but you might want to take some of your teachings with a pinch of salt.

She´s a girl, who feels like a guy, dresses like a guy, and is together with a girl who feels like a guy but is a girl and the girl I know (she was in my class, until she decided to leave after much bullying) refers to the girl as boyfriend.
Clearly this is messed up. This is clearly the work of the devil. How can you deny this :confused: The girl is confused and needs guidance by god. I remember that I felt really sorry for her. You know, she´s is still human, albeit very confused.
how dare you call her sexuality a homosexual mess, there is nothing wrong with her and she is discovering her sexuality. She may be confused, but what she is confused with will differ from what you think she is confused about. This is not work of the devil. As you know, god is omnipotent and should love her regardless of her sexuality or he isn't omnipotent at all and is a callous and judgemental douche.

If I found out that a male friend was gay, I would cut all contact with him. I can´t be around someone of the same gender that wants to do sexual stuff with me. That´s just disgusting.
How can I man-hug him , jump on him like after scoring a goal in football or something along those lines
We arabs also have a certain way of greeting each other. How could I possibly greet someone like this if they´re gay!
Just because somebody is gay doesnt make them attractive, for example from what you say I'm rather repulsed by. We have the same type of sexual attraction system - looks personality. Its not every hole is a goal. Also if that is a video of kissing cheeks thats about sexual as having nipples, on its own that means zero.

Original post by kasper2
As a muslim brother I will respond to this.

First of all I can only speak for myself, but I believe that the majority of muslims agree with me:

1) I simply can´t believe that Allah would intentionally create people who are not attracted to the opposite sex.
Surely god is the All-knowing, the All-Merciful so why would Allah intentionally create people who are attracted to the same sex if Allah forbids it. It doesn´t make sense, right?
It is the devil inside you who makes you disobey Allah, but I genuinely believe that through prayer, you my friend, will be able to overcome this satanic desire, and free yourself from the devil. Just pray to Allah and he will help you.

There is no devil inside me, unless the devil is in the form of chocolate birthday cake - well then he certainly is.
I do not believe that praying to god will get me anywhere as homosexuals are definitely not possessed and my desires are far from satanic [unless the love of chocolate is and then I'm on hell of a Satanist]

2) Any christian/jew and especially muslim who says that being a homosexual is okay is not following the scripture correctly.
The statement about homosexuality is not questionable.
Allah explicitly says in the Quran that homosexuality is a Great Sin, and Allah knows best.

The bible was created to be open for interpreting differently to different people, by cementing one belief is closed minded and wrong. Also its rather shocking you are insulting people for not following religon to the tee - I bet you misbehaved as a child even just once - if you were Christian you should be dead according to the wisdom of Leviticus.

3) I don´t live in britain and don´t know the law there, but if what you say is true, then one is clearly discriminating against "The People of The Book".
i think discrimination doesn't quite work like that, they are breaking governmental law which overrides religion.

4) Do you mean that homosexuality can be compared with race.
The answer is no, it can´t. As my muslim brother said earlier,
being gay is a choice, whereas you´re born with a certain skin colour.

If its such a ****ing choice why do you say that it is the devil corrupting me, make your mind up on how to criticise me. Also even if i had the choice to become straight - which i do not - i would vehemently say no.

5) The best would be to not be a homosexual. Remember that Allah is the All-Merciful, the All-Forgiving and you can always repent, and be normal.

I CANT REPENT IF I DON'T HAVE A GOD.

6) I don´t agree with you! But if that is true (which I strongly do not believe), then may Allah guide them along the right path.

Well you are one ignorant person

7) Allah knows best. Who am I, a simple human being, trying to question the authority and rules of my creator. I wouldn´t even consider it.
Everything in the Quran is true. Allah doesn´t make mistakes.
He is the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing.

And Allah Knows Best.

I disagree - how do you know that the Qur'an is true? Just because yoy were told that doesn't make it true. The daily mail might as well be a holy scripture too if thats the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The point is that both are something which is able to be used in discriminating against someone. You can't choose being black or white or another ethnicity, and you certainly can't choose being gay - so if it's not a choice why should you be discriminated against.

because that topic is debatable, and to many many people, they think it's a choice. Now you surely can't blame them for thinking like that can you? The same way they can't blame you for thinking it's not a choice. :smile:

I'm not saying who's right and what's right, just stating that because there is no actual proof, hence topic is debatable, people will have different views and thus, u can't blame them or criticize them or whatever for not sharing the same view as yours. :smile:
Reply 128
Original post by kasper2
I was not trying to insult you. Definetely not my intention. I answered your questions from a muslim´s point of view. I am her to help you.
Also why do you deny the obvious :confused: Let go of your satanic desires and embrace Allah, our creator. Only then will you find peace with yourself. I can only imagine the inner conflict and guilt you feel from committing these disgusting homosexual acts.
You think that by commiting these satanic desires you´re able to pursue happiness. But you´re wrong my friend. Only by accepting and embracing Allah will you find true peace and happiness.

I know that it will be hard, because the devil is strong but Allah is far stronger, and with his help you will be able to free yourself of the devil and stop committing these evil acts of homosexuality.

I dont believe in allah or satan and I am not under the influence of Satan. It may be obvious to you but seriously, you're beliefs on homosexuality seriously need fine tuning. I would recommend going to an RE class in the uk or something similar. Don't you dare try to tell me what I think.

By the way - I'm still a virgin so thanks for slagging me off for no ****ing reason - you assumed because i am gay i must be some sexual deviant - well done.

I've read some of the Qur'an and you can keep it. I was never a muslim so why you expect me to reconvert is beyond me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And there was me thinking that being a hotelier was about about being hospitable.

Disagree. Sexuality, race, religion, skin colour, disability and gender identity are all things that people can discriminate on. It's unthinkable that, as pjm600 said, a commercial entity would refuse to serve someone because they're black, so what makes sexual orientation any different?

There's such a thing as having too much freedom...

Becae its a B&B not a hotel or the like, theyre letting someone into their home not just their area of business... Would you let some gang banger waltz on through your house if you were given the choice?

I really dont see why this is so controvertial, they have an opinion and they stuck to it so what? If others dont like it thats their concern dont go to said B&B

also another thing ... how has this suddenly turned into comparing gays to blacks?:s-smilie:
Original post by Miracle Day
And they said we were a free country.

Your freedom finishes where mine starts. :smile:
Original post by kasper2

I hope someone engages in a gay sex act on top of [BOLD]Your[/BOLD] quaran one day

Why would I choose to live a life that's more difficult than it needs to be? I didn't choose to be who I am. It's incredibly insulting to say that I do.

You present a religious argument like it's fact - well no, none of your opinions can be proven with evidence so I'm going to disregard them for the purposes of this discussion.

The scenario that you refer to there is nothing to do with homosexuality - he's transgendered. This isn't "messed up" at all and is not the "work of the devil"! Just because your religious scripture or your ignorance doesn't explain it doesn't mean it's wrong or evil. He certainly doesn't need any guidance from religion, that's for sure.

Again, you're just spouting ignorance. If a male friend came out as gay to you, it doesn't mean that he wants to do anything with you at all! Get over yourself! You're probably not all that. You can man-hug him, greet him and celebrate scoring a goal in exactly the same way as you did before you found out he was gay. Stop being such a bigot. Nothing's changed. He's not suddenly going to get a boner and want to get in the sack with you because he's told you he's gay.
Reply 133
Original post by satisfactionatlast
because that topic is debatable, and to many many people, they think it's a choice. Now you surely can't blame them for thinking like that can you? The same way they can't blame you for thinking it's not a choice. :smile:

I'm not saying who's right and what's right, just stating that because there is no actual proof, hence topic is debatable, people will have different views and thus, u can't blame them or criticize them or whatever for not sharing the same view as yours. :smile:

The issue with that debate is that the straight guys are the ones who think it i a choice, but they don't listen. They can't even recognise homosexuality as being natural yet thousands of species show homosexual tendencies. The whole you can't blame them bit is stupid because it's because in society people believe everything and everything they are told by the media or people they trust. My history teacher played a prank on my history class by making up loads of ridiculous 'facts and taught them as the truth', i saw through it straight away as i have read v up on the subject before and went alongbut the rest thought it was serious. At the end when everyone left i confronted him and had a good laugh about it but it's shocking. People need to think for themselves not what others put in their head
Well your belief is ignorant and wrong. I was born gay - and I will not be able to change that - and I don't want to. I am proud that I am gay and there is nothing wrong with it. Did the devil also afflict over 1500 species in the animal kingdom? It may sound controversial but you might want to take some of your teachings with a pinch of salt.
how dare you call her sexuality a homosexual mess, there is nothing wrong with her and she is discovering her sexuality. She may be confused, but what she is confused with will differ from what you think she is confused about. This is not work of the devil. As you know, god is omnipotent and should love her regardless of her sexuality or he isn't omnipotent at all and is a callous and judgemental douche.

What can I say. If you don´t believe in god then he will not help you.
Don´t get me wrong, Allah is Merciful and Forgiving but you need to ask for forgiveness, and pray that he turns you normal. Allah helps you if you want help.
I understand that since you´re a non-believer what I´m saying might be to much to swallow at the same time, but I pray that over time you will overcame the devil inside you and see the light.

Also animals are animals whereas we are human beings. Surely you do not think that we are the same. We are much more intelligent and are able to think rationally, something which animals can not.

You have to be ignorant to think that this girl does not need to seek help. If not by god, then at least see I psychiatrist.
Clearly she is suffering from some sort of mental illness.

Just because somebody is gay doesnt make them attractive, for example from what you say I'm rather repulsed by. We have the same type of sexual attraction system - looks personality. Its not every hole is a goal. Also if that is a video of kissing cheeks thats about sexual as having nipples, on its own that means zero.

But I am a straight and normal heterosexual guy and I don´t want a homosexual dude to potentially start liking me. That is disgusting.
Kissing each other on the cheek is not sexual in any way but a friendly greeting, but it would be very uncomfortable if someone who´s gay does it with me. Who knows what the devil says to him about it.

There is no devil inside me, unless the devil is in the form of chocolate birthday cake - well then he certainly is.
I do not believe that praying to god will get me anywhere as homosexuals are definitely not possessed and my desires are far from satanic [unless the love of chocolate is and then I'm on hell of a Satanist]

You make it seem as if only homosexuals are attacked by the devil, but everyone is during his/her lifetime for various different reasons (from mild to severe).
There is nothing wrong with being attacked by the devil. The important thing is that you don´t do what he says and make him leave, because he only wants bad things for you.

The bible was created to be open for interpreting differently to different people, by cementing one belief is closed minded and wrong. Also its rather shocking you are insulting people for not following religon to the tee - I bet you misbehaved as a child even just once - if you were Christian you should be dead according to the wisdom of Leviticus.
i think discrimination doesn't quite work like that, they are breaking governmental law which overrides religion.

I am a muslim and I agree with you that the bible was interpreted differently and has been altered throughout time. That´s why Mohammed (PBUH) came after Jesus (PBUH) to correct the mistakes and misconceptions.
The Quran has been unedited for the past 1400 years and every single word written is the word of Allah and no one else. It is the divine message.

May Allah guide you along the right path.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 135
Why would I choose to live a life that's more difficult than it needs to be? I didn't choose to be who I am. It's incredibly insulting to say that I do.

You present a religious argument like it's fact - well no, none of your opinions can be proven with evidence so I'm going to disregard them for the purposes of this discussion.

The scenario that you refer to there is nothing to do with homosexuality - he's transgendered. This isn't "messed up" at all and is not the "work of the devil"! Just because your religious scripture or your ignorance doesn't explain it doesn't mean it's wrong or evil. He certainly doesn't need any guidance from religion, that's for sure.

Again, you're just spouting ignorance. If a male friend came out as gay to you, it doesn't mean that he wants to do anything with you at all! Get over yourself! You're probably not all that. You can man-hug him, greet him and celebrate scoring a goal in exactly the same way as you did before you found out he was gay. Stop being such a bigot. Nothing's changed. He's not suddenly going to get a boner and want to get in the sack with you because he's told you he's gay.

I should get tsr membership again.

P
R
S
O
M
x INFINITY
Original post by cl_steele
I hope someone engages in a gay sex act on top of [BOLD]Your[/BOLD] quaran one day

Why do you attack someone who´s trying to help someone else :angry:

Because im a mean, mean person like that...

Because you're not helping. You keep telling people things that you have no evidence for, no logical reason to think is true and personally insulting them in the process. I'm surprised his response wasn't worse than that.
Original post by cl_steele
Becae its a B&B not a hotel or the like, theyre letting someone into their home not just their area of business... Would you let some gang banger waltz on through your house if you were given the choice?

I really dont see why this is so controvertial, they have an opinion and they stuck to it so what? If others dont like it thats their concern dont go to said B&B

also another thing ... how has this suddenly turned into comparing gays to blacks?:s-smilie:

Irrespective, it's a commercial premises - they have no right to judge or to discriminate. People are entitled to their opinions, it's just not right to discriminate on the basis of those opinions. Like I said earlier, it's not like the tourist guide has an icon I can look for that identifies where "my sort" are "allowed to go". What an awful thought.

It's a simple comparison between two human attributes which the body has no control over. Discrimination based on skin colour has been outlawed for years, so it's a useful precedent when making the argument for stamping out discrimination based on sexual orientation.

Latest

Trending

Trending