The Student Room Group

How to you like your tea?

A fun thread to talk about tea.

I like mine made with two tea bags steaped for 30 seconds with a small amount of milk and no sugar. Milk added after to ensure not to much is added. I like it to be a colour similar to clay. I drink it with its hot but still allow it to cool longer than most people.

What about you guys?

People who don't like tea are not welcome! Crazy people!

I joke, just say why you don't like it.

Edit: for my example I was talking about blended teas most people drink. I'm to poor for anything else...
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That would entirely depend on the tea.

I'd have a tea like an Assam (for example) served with milk. Something like an earl gray for example however I'd have black.
(edited 11 years ago)
I like it when somebody has already swilled it around in their mouth, and spat it back into my mug.
Reply 3
One tea bag, 2 big teaspoons of sugar and a little bit of milk :cute:
I like my tea bag to be left to mash for ages then only with a tiny bit of milk. No sugar :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Vonkle
One tea bag, 2 big teaspoons of sugar and a little bit of milk :cute:

yes yes yes :rolleyes:
I only have Assam usually, unless I'm at a guest's house and I have to suffer through generic "tea" (a la Tetley, PG Tips etc). Though occasionally I may dabble with Earl Grey but I reeeeally have to fancy it.

I enjoy this beverage firstly by having freshly boiled water poured over a teabag and two sugars (I'm hoping I eventually manage to do what Stephen Fry does, and eliminate adding sugar to food/drink) and then letting that brew for 2-3 minutes. Following that I take out the teabag and add whole milk. I take it as a major offence when people add milk to tea before the hot water.

Obviously I take my Earl Grey black. :h:
Milk and 2 sugars
One teabag, rather than leaving it to stew I just do some intense teabag squeezing against the side of the cup... often leading to broken teabags :K: Milk, not too milky though, so the tea is a dark goldenish colour. 1 to 1+2/3 heaped teaspoons of sugar depending upon the cup size. Added in the order of teabag, sugar, water, milk. Nyomm tea :love:
One tea bag, two teaspoons of sugar and no milk :smile: I usually have Lyons.
Reply 10
Milk, one or no sugar, depending on mood :P To the people who leave their teabag in when pouring milk: WHY?!
Reply 11
Hot.:wink:

Milk(very milky) and 1 to 2 sugars. i dip the tea bag repeatedly, not just leave it
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by HarveyCanis
I only have Assam usually, unless I'm at a guest's house and I have to suffer through generic "tea" (a la Tetley, PG Tips etc). Though occasionally I may dabble with Earl Grey but I reeeeally have to fancy it.

I enjoy this beverage firstly by having freshly boiled water poured over a teabag and two sugars (I'm hoping I eventually manage to do what Stephen Fry does, and eliminate adding sugar to food/drink) and then letting that brew for 2-3 minutes. Following that I take out the teabag and add whole milk. I take it as a major offence when people add milk to tea before the hot water.

Obviously I take my Earl Grey black. :h:

Best drink in the universe.
Reply 13
Original post by manic_fuzz
One teabag, rather than leaving it to stew I just do some intense teabag squeezing against the side of the cup... often leading to broken teabags :K: Milk, not too milky though, so the tea is a dark goldenish colour. 1 to 1+2/3 heaped teaspoons of sugar depending upon the cup size. Added in the order of teabag, sugar, water, milk. Nyomm tea :love:

You have making tea down to a fine art it seems
I like it peppermint flavour. Yum!
If I had to drink it, 5 sugars and milk :biggrin:

Im more of a coffee person though

Posted from TSR Mobile
I lift the teabag up and down a couple of times, then take it out and add some sugar. I usually drink fruit-teas :smile:

I don't do milk with tea, but that might be because I'm not from the UK and no one here does it:tongue:
Original post by Dr Pesto
Best drink in the universe.

Obviously everyone has different responses to flavours but personally they taste incredibly bland, and if they are a "strong variety", they taste revoltingly artificial. :frown:
Reply 18
Tea bag, water, milk. No sugar. Not milky and not too dark.
Reply 19
With a sprig of mint.

Quick Reply

Latest