The Student Room Group

OCR Salters Chemistry Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by krisshP
Just wanted to ask you a question. When doing the F332 past papers, did you look at the corresponding advance notices, or did you directly do the past papers?
Thanks

I focused on the actual papers and tried to do the advance notice parts too to get an idea of the sort of thing they would ask. I think practising both is a good idea. :smile:
Original post by CoolRunner
Its the hardest chemistry board of all (harder than AQA, Edexcel, OCR A and WJEC). Thats why its considered a terrible course :L

Oh right, I thought OCR A had a lot more chemistry content than salters. Also how do you know it's the hardest? Have you tried them all? Just wondering again.
Reply 42
Original post by thegreenchildren
I focused on the actual papers and tried to do the advance notice parts too to get an idea of the sort of thing they would ask. I think practising both is a good idea. :smile:

THANKS
Original post by thegreenchildren
Oh right, I thought OCR A had a lot more chemistry content than salters. Also how do you know it's the hardest? Have you tried them all? Just wondering again.

OCR A is mostly recall, Salters chem requires more understanding.

For E.g: F332 (Salters, OCR B) requires solid knowledge of F331, where as in OCR A, once you do F321, then F322 doesn't require most of the previous knowledge of F321.
This makes it even harder to revise (as you literally have to go over EVERYTHING if you want to get a good grade.) Same applies to Edexcel. AQA, WJEC.
Original post by CoolRunner
OCR A is mostly recall, Salters chem requires more understanding.

For E.g: F332 (Salters, OCR B) requires solid knowledge of F331, where as in OCR A, once you do F321, then F322 doesn't require most of the previous knowledge of F321.
This makes it even harder to revise (as you literally have to go over EVERYTHING if you want to get a good grade.) Same applies to Edexcel. AQA, WJEC.

Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up :smile:
Reply 45
Alright children, please do not use this thread to discuss which exam board is harder.

The purpose of this thread is to aid Salters students. Please leave it at that.

- Thread Starter.
Reply 46
Does anyone know where i can find the F331 paper for january 2013?
Reply 47
Original post by LadyJoka
Does anyone know where i can find the F331 paper for january 2013?

Sorry for the late reply, but here you go
Page 2 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 3 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 4 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 5 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 6 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 7 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 8 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 9 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 10 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 11 - Jan 2013.jpg

Somebody else uploaded these before on TSR :smile:
Original post by krisshP
Sorry for the late reply, but here you go
Page 2 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 3 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 4 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 5 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 6 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 7 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 8 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 9 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 10 - Jan 2013.jpgPage 11 - Jan 2013.jpg

Somebody else uploaded these before on TSR :smile:

Have you got the F332 jan 2013 paper?
Original post by badwolf96
To all those who are suffering the wrath of OCR Salters Chemistry, I bring to you, a thread dedicated to helping those in need.

On this page we will share online resources, attachments and give general advice and help to each other in order to create the largest OCR Salters Study Resource for current and future A-Level Students.

As a welcome gift, I give to you: http://4college.co.uk a website for OCR Salters Revision Notes and an attached revision guide for Elements of the Sea. More will follow...

thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
guys do we have to know about extracting copper? smelting? my teacher said it is not in the syllable, is that true?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by Rubyturner94
guys do we have to know about extracting copper? smelting? my teacher said it is not in the syllable, is that true?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No we dont need to know about that :smile:
Does anyone have revision notes for Elements of Life and Developing fuels?
Reply 53
Original post by krisshP
just found a page of definitions (see attachment)
F331 definitions.pdf

thank you so much! that sheet is amazing! is their one for f332????
Reply 55
Original post by geekemp
thank you so much! that sheet is amazing! is their one for f332????

Not sure. Search around on the internet. I can't remember, did this a whole year ago, mind blank now on resources for it and stuff.
Reply 56
anyone have any help for the 2014 article that is part of the second paper?
Reply 57
Has anyone been through the advance notice article yet? (the one on alcohols for F332) Any ideas on the sorts of questions likely to be asked on it? :smile:
Reply 58
Any tips on how to answer exam questions?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by nk96
Has anyone been through the advance notice article yet? (the one on alcohols for F332) Any ideas on the sorts of questions likely to be asked on it? :smile:

Hi my teacher suggested:

- Calculating RMM
- How much gas is produced
- rate of reaction and factors that affect it (Because it is about wine he said to remember yeast is a living thing and a high temp will kill it)
- Why one acid may be more acidic than another acid
- Bromine water tests
- Solubility and precipitation
- Catalysis

Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest