The Student Room Group

The Riddling thread of fiendishly cunning riddles

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ReuyJ
I hope you have not been accepted into any HE . If you have then may jepus have mercy on us all.

Why? Am I being really dumb?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by printergirl
Why? Am I being really dumb?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You just have to be pulling a double bluff trolling, you just have to be.
I've got a riddle:

I have leaves that don't grow,
And a spine but can't walk.
What am I?

I don't think it's too hard but I did just make it up.
Reply 43
Original post by Jacob :)
I've got a riddle:

I have leaves that don't grow,
And a spine but can't walk.
What am I?

I don't think it's too hard but I did just make it up.

Book?
Original post by Sabr
Are you a man?

I thought of something like that but that would only tell you which one lies and which one tells the truth. Not which way to go.
Original post by Nice.Guy
Book?

Yeh! I guess it wasn't that hard...
Original post by ReuyJ
You just have to be pulling a double bluff trolling, you just have to be.

Ffs what did I do wrong?
Just tell me
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by PeanutButter2000
new riddle:
You are walking down a road and come to a fork in the path one of which leads to wherever it is you're trying to go, the other to certain death. Each way is guarded by a man, one of whom can only ever tell the truth and the other can only tell lies. You have one question to find out which way to go and you don't know which man is the liar/tells the truth. You can't go backwards either. What is the question?
If you've heard it before - don't say anything!!! genuine guesses only please :smile:

Which path will I survive by following? You take whichever they both say then :wink:
Original post by ReuyJ
Which path will I survive by following? You take whichever they both say then :wink:

That won't work, the liar will point you wrong way and the (truther?) will send you the other - you still don't know which way is which!
Original post by The_Last_Melon
An the award for complete lack of originality goes to...

well all my other riddles are stolen from The Hobbit book so i had to go with that one! :smile:
That won't work, the liar will point you wrong way and the (truther?) will send you the other - you still don't know which way is which!

I think you have to ask the guy is the other guy is lying. Trying to think in my head exactly how it works.
Original post by RichyFrench
I think you have to ask the guy is the other guy is lying. Trying to think in my head exactly how it works.

close - but you have to find out which path to take!
Original post by ReuyJ

You ask either one of them, "If I were to ask the other one, which path I should go down, which one would he say?"

Then you follow the path that they said that the other one would say.
Reply 53
Ffs what did I do wrong?
Just tell me
Posted from TSR Mobile

You will figure it out. Just keep thinking about it.
Original post by vandergraaff
You ask either one of them, "If I were to ask the other one, which path I should go down, which one would he say?"

Then you follow the path that they said that the other one would say.

almost! you have to do the opposite of what they say :smile: the liar will lie and say the other will send you the wrong way. The one telling the truth will truthfully tell you that the other one will send you the wrong way. This way they both tell you the wrong way and you have to do the opposite!
Ffs what did I do wrong?
Just tell me
Posted from TSR Mobile

They were being sarcastic to begin with, now they are making fun of your inability to detect that.
Reply 56

I was accounting for a two path story, but with morw I see the dilemma.
A horseman was riding home, on his way he fell off into a ditch and was knocked out. When he woke up his horse was no where to be seen, he went home and found his horse safely in it's stable, all it's tack was cleaned and put away. He lived alone and no one knew he was out riding. what happened?
A horseman was riding home, on his way he fell off into a ditch and was knocked out. When he woke up his horse was no where to be seen, he went home and found his horse safely in it's stable, all it's tack was cleaned and put away. He lived alone and no one knew he was out riding. what happened?

He was riding his bike home?
Original post by RichyFrench
He was riding his bike home?

yep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest