The Student Room Group

Government and Politics AS May 2013

Hey everyone! :smile: How are you guys finding the topics? I personally find unit 2 rather hard :frown: Anyways, do you guys have any predictions on what questions might come up in the exam? Hopefully you guys are also doing Edexcel unit 1 & 2.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Unit 2 Governing in the UK, is generally viewed as harder than Unit 1. Mainly because of the 40 mark essay. It is quite hard to predict questions for it but my guess is the possibility of a 40 marker on Parliament.
Reply 2
Oh my God this is the first time I start a thread, in fact it's the first time I use a forum :biggrin: I know, sad haha I thought no one was going to reply lol. Anyways, yeah I suppose you're right, it is quite hard to predict any questions but I'm sort of freaking out about the exam :/
Reply 3
Original post by Antheia
Oh my God this is the first time I start a thread, in fact it's the first time I use a forum :biggrin: I know, sad haha I thought no one was going to reply lol. Anyways, yeah I suppose you're right, it is quite hard to predict any questions but I'm sort of freaking out about the exam :/

I wouldn't freak out, what are you predicted to get? If you need any help private message me and I will be willing to help I sat this exam last June and came out quite well.
Who is doing unit 1 and unit 2 in the summer??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by jheywood
I wouldn't freak out, what are you predicted to get? If you need any help private message me and I will be willing to help I sat this exam last June and came out quite well.

I'm predicted an A/B depends on which of my politics teachers you ask... :P I'll probably message you at some point, that's really kind of you :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by khalidpatel
Who is doing unit 1 and unit 2 in the summer??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello :smile: I am exactly doing those, that's why I started the thread.
Reply 7
Original post by Antheia
I'm predicted an A/B depends on which of my politics teachers you ask... :P I'll probably message you at some point, that's really kind of you :smile:

A/B good luck. Its no problem I am already mentoring 2 other people anyway.
Reply 8
Ugh it's so dull I can't wait to drop it.
Are you revising 2, 3 or 4 topics from unit 1?
Reply 9
I wouldn't necessarily say its dull it all depends on your teacher and what you aim to get out of it. I would say for unit 1 revise 2 sections very well and another quite well just in case you don't like the questions.
Reply 10
Original post by S4LM4N
Ugh it's so dull I can't wait to drop it.
Are you revising 2, 3 or 4 topics from unit 1?

From each unit I'm revising 3 topics, just in case. Lol I'm sorry to hear you find it dull. It's nearly over though, you'll soon be free from politics :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by Antheia
From each unit I'm revising 3 topics, just in case. Lol I'm sorry to hear you find it dull. It's nearly over though, you'll soon be free from politics :tongue:

Lol I can't wait :biggrin::wink:
Has anybody got June 12 unit 1 and 2 past papers? Can't seem to find them on Edexcel website because they are locked for some reason

Posted from TSR Mobile
any 1 got judicary revision notes for unit 2?
Reply 14
How do you get an A for these exams? I've done Unit 1 twice and got Bs both times and did Unit 2 once and also got a B. I can't seem to get higher than 75 UMS or 47/80 in raw marks. I remember the arguments well, and write in the style of PEE. I'm getting As for History and Economics and As for practise G&P questions but it seems the examiner is looking for something else. Is there a particular style of essay writing that they want to see or only recent examples? The only thing I can think of is that my examples aren't always recent and I'm only using 1 example for paragraph which may not be enough.
Reply 15
Anyone have any predictions for the 25 marker questions in the Democracy topic and the Elections topic?
Exams are getting closer, slyly peak.
I'm stressing about unit 2! Does anyone have any predictions? My teacher thinks that something about the coalition will come up in the Executive section. I got 100 UMS in unit 1, so if anyone needs any help or tips, feel free to ask/pm me!
Reply 17
Original post by EleanorKeats
I'm stressing about unit 2! Does anyone have any predictions? My teacher thinks that something about the coalition will come up in the Executive section. I got 100 UMS in unit 1, so if anyone needs any help or tips, feel free to ask/pm me!

I actually agree with your teacher, that something about the coalition will come up. Not too sure though about it being in the executive section. I guess its a possibility, but the Constitution section is where I think it will come up. If you need any help with Unit 2, private message me and I will be glad to help.
Reply 18
Original post by jheywood
I actually agree with your teacher, that something about the coalition will come up. Not too sure though about it being in the executive section. I guess its a possibility, but the Constitution section is where I think it will come up. If you need any help with Unit 2, private message me and I will be glad to help.

hey do you know what questions came up for unit 2 governing modern Britain for politics in january
Reply 19
Original post by stressful
hey do you know what questions came up for unit 2 governing modern Britain for politics in january

Sorry im on Edexcel, not AQA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending