The Student Room Group

Analyst Wardrobe

Scroll to see replies

Swag: Check

Would turning up in this hinder my progress?

Reply 1281
I'm only just going into my first year at Nottingham trent and can't wait till I get to make these decisions. I'm geting a bad boy Brioni suit and tbh Zegna ties are much better than hermes
Original post by S.Myrtle
I'm only just going into my first year at Nottingham trent and can't wait till I get to make these decisions. I'm geting a bad boy Brioni suit and tbh Zegna ties are much better than hermes

Guys do you wanna tell him the bad news or shall I?

jokes :redface:
Oh dear, no one cares what you wear especially on the trading floor. That is assuming you don't turn up in a bin bag. My daily combo of shirt + jumper + trousers + shoes (excluding watch) come in at less than £300 combined.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1284
Original post by CoolStoryBroo
Swag: Check

When I've got back to being fit I'm going to take a photo of Harvey to my tailor and ask him for a plain navy single-breasted suit with peaked lapels.
I love this thread.
Original post by T.Adams VI
I love this thread.

So do I, although I'm a bit surprised that it's run for 66 pages. Dressing appropriately is very important, but that's a lot of posts!
Bump this.

I want new posts.
Not sure if this has been posted already but I really can't be bothered to go through 66 pages, came across this the other day..

www.businessinsider.com/The-Unauthorized-Rules-Of-How-To-Dress-At-Goldman-Sachs/articleshow/22146418.cms
bump
Original post by tehforum
bump

Lol why? It's 66 pages long with loads of info. Not like there's a dynamic fashion industry for bankers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shorts and a Ralph polo should do
Thoughts about Hermes ties, and belts?

Not shiny gold...
Original post by tehforum
Thoughts about Hermes ties, and belts?

Not shiny gold...

Tie yes, big H belt no.
Reply 1294
Before you start judging the fact my shirts are less than £100 each, this is for my placement year + summer internship. I wouldnt recommend shirts more expensive than CT until you have nothing better to do with the money since the quality and fit (for me atleast) is good and getting more than 4x brand new shirts or the price of 1 turnbull shirt just isnt worth it at this stage...

Im half a year in, this is me so far;

Pre-job:

2x suit, Navy and Charcoal (TMLewin) - £500 between the two
4x Shirts 3 white (2 single cuff 1 double) 1 blue, CT, £81
1x Belt, Black, Ralph Lauren, £30 (sale price obvs)
2x Black Oxfords, Dune £80 each
So many socks
3x Undershirts (primark) £pence
About 20 ties i've collected over the years (new and used), about 5x Boss, 2x armani, 2x ralph lauren, 1x Lanvin, 1x aqauscutum, a few CT and TML

During:

2x more shirts, lilac and blue pupstooth (both double cuff) £21 each, TML and CT
5x more undershirts £not much
2 more sets of cufflinks
so many more socks
1 more suit on the way, different shade of blue, TML again £200
1 casual suit jacket, Chester Barrie, £250
A few new ties

On hermes ties and belts... no. Well, yes, I want them, (regular belt, not the H), but the price isnt worth it until you hit 100k+. Better off with multiple belts/ties of a lower price level so you dont end up with a single nice belt and tie that you constantly bring out to try and impress.
Curious to hear about others, maybe I'll find some inspiration.
(edited 6 years ago)
6 months into ibd analyst stint

3x suits from next c. £100 ea
10x shirts from either tm / m&s (£20 ea)
shoes are like £100 can’t remember from where but i think they’re oxfords type
2x belts from next (£10-15 ea)
1x armani watch (£300) wore once and cba
10x ties from m&s (wore one on last day of grad training, never to be worn again)
socks & underwear - primark (couple £s)

and i think that’s about it
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1297
Original post by usualsuspects

Not sure why there’s all this talk surrounding Hermes ties, they cost about £140, just as Purple Label ones.
Curious to hear about others, maybe I'll find some inspiration.

Because unless daddy is rich that is not affordable for a student
Original post by ocf32
Because unless daddy is rich that is not affordable for a student

I think it's frequent in IB to come from a family that can spend 140 without worrying
Reply 1299
Original post by usualsuspects
I think it's frequent in IB to come from a family that can spend 140 without worrying

so right, but its odd that most never seem to understand that these are indeed luxury goods and that there is a good argument to finding cheap quality substitutes. As much as I'd love all my shirts to come from Turnbull, I could buy 5 from tyrwhitt and have them dry-cleaned every 2 weeks for almost a year and still spend the same as 1 turnbull shirt in some cases. And youd almost certainly look better wearing a fresh shirt every day too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending