The Student Room Group

What's your underground line?

Scroll to see replies

The good old red central line. Right at the end, in Epping :smile:

It's fine until you hit the Woodford area... And progressively worse after Stratford. It's like the seventh level of hell during rush hour on one of those three days of heat we get.

Bleurgh I don't miss it XD
Original post by Clioashlee

It's fine until you hit the Woodford area... And progressively worse after Stratford. It's like the seventh level of hell during rush hour on one of those three days of heat we get.

I have several times thought it would be my final resting place.

I wonder what it must be like commuting from, say, Bank to somewhere like Acton every day at peak times? How can one do that and retain the ability to be a human being?
Reply 42
Original post by Clioashlee

It's better to be at the end of the line though, usually get a seat! XD unless you're travelling home...thankfully I'm near the end of district line which usually empties at mile end but can still be a right bitch!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Tough one, Northern because I use it from Euston to Waterloo if I go back down south via London
Original post by eliza.anne
It's better to be at the end of the line though, usually get a seat!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lols, true. I love getting a seat from Hillingdon to like Liverpool Street. :colone:
Reply 45
Original post by Pandabär
Lols, true. I love getting a seat from Hillingdon to like Liverpool Street. :colone:

I always get a seat going places...coming back is a nightmare!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by a729
Mine's Northern and Victoria

Closest to my house

I Love London !

I'm slap bang in the middle of Victoria, Northern, and Piccadilly. Love London too!
Reply 47
Reply 48
Original post by NubianQ
I'm slap bang in the middle of Victoria, Northern, and Piccadilly. Love London too!

Hi5!

That sounds like King's cross!
What is your favourite part of the underground network? I really like the nice old stations and semi-open tunnels on the District and Circle when you get south of Paddington. Quite a charming, friendly and relaxed feeling.
Reply 50
TfL should be looking into extending lines aswell as all the other projects
Reply 51
Original post by Fullofsurprises
What is your favourite part of the underground network? I really like the nice old stations and semi-open tunnels on the District and Circle when you get south of Paddington. Quite a charming, friendly and relaxed feeling.

Don't forget the lovely Baker Street!
Reply 52
Original post by Morgsie
TfL should be looking into extending lines aswell as all the other projects

I totally agree!

I'd rather longer lines than new trains!
Original post by a729
Don't forget the lovely Baker Street!

Yeah, that is a nice one.

Love love love the art deco escalators and station halls on the Jubilee North, places like St Johns Wood.

Worship bits of the Jubilee modern architecture, like Westminster. Bow down before the modernist glory of it.
District! Then Central/Jubilee. I <3 public transport. :ahee:
Reply 55
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Yeah, that is a nice one.

Love love love the art deco escalators and station halls on the Jubilee North, places like St Johns Wood.

Worship bits of the Jubilee modern architecture, like Westminster. Bow down before the modernist glory of it.

Tbh I don't like the newer stations - i like the older looking ones!

I loved the old victoria line trains and the original blue platform design

Bethanal Green looks really good!

East of Green Park looks all the same to me!
Reply 56
Original post by Vixen47
I <3 public transport. :ahee:

me too!
Reply 57
Central!
Reply 58
There are a couple of extensions in the pipeline, Battersea and the Watford one
Northern Line, I love getting on at Morden so have have freedom of the carriage to choose my seat

Quick Reply

Latest