The Student Room Group

What's your underground line?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rascacielos
I only call it that because it doesn't have stairs and lifts in the right places (i.e. between Waterloo and KGX) when I'm carrying my suitcase.

Oh in that case :tongue:
Original post by James A
The old victoria line seemed more of a joy ride.

In a good way :cool:

Loved the way the train was at high speed, there's just something unique about those tunnels when the train goes fast.

Air rushes into your ear fast, the carriage bouncing a little bit, left to right, ahhhhh

If you wanted a roller-coaster ride in London, at times the old Victoria line could have just been a great substitute.

I find it creepy that the doors always (nearly) open outwards when it's in a tunnel and air rushes through it.

Two things I LOVE about the new Vic trains is the sound of it gearing up and the sound of the air when it's in a tunnel. Love it, love it, love it.

You probably guessed I take the Victoria line a LOT! :colondollar:
Original post by Jsouassou
If you wanted a roller-coaster ride in London, at times the old Victoria line could have just been a great substitute.

I find it creepy that the doors always (nearly) open outwards when it's in a tunnel and air rushes through it.

Two things I LOVE about the new Vic trains is the sound of it gearing up and the sound of the air when it's in a tunnel. Love it, love it, love it.

yeah, it was worth noting that the doors felt like they were gonna open at high speed, haha.

classic underground.
Reply 103
Am I the only jubilee?
Original post by fisika
Am I the only jubilee?

Not really, Jubilee line is also like close for me :rolleyes:
Northern and Piccadilly for me, but I much prefer the latter :wink:
Central/District ..and Piccadilly at times.
Metropolitan, I used to despise going on it as the trains were like 60 years old, but now they're one of the nicest trains on the underground.
Reply 108
District line until I die........ well until I move out for uni
Original post by moregano
:ditto: The area of London with more tube stations than any other (assuming you don't live in the next area down the road to the west) :p:

Sorry, hope I'm not completely stupid but what did you mean by the bit in brackets?? :confused::colondollar:

At the moment the Bakerloo is the most "unreliable" in terms of delays etc. Usually it's the Circle/District/H&C, by a long way. The Central line is actually one of the most reliable and has comparatively few problems, even if it is way overcrowded a lot of the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
top left of the metropolitan line :wink: 1 min walk away from where i live :biggrin: its pretty good, only thing i dont like about it is that a lot of the time they have track work on sundays so i cant use it :unimpressed:
Original post by RVNmax
I think I know where you live, near me! :tongue:

Imagine... Small world :smile: so ruislip area then? Or somewhere thereabouts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112
Central line
Reply 113
District line - the slowest of them all and then the c2c (national rail) :biggrin:
Reply 114
Original post by kath_igidbashian
Imagine... Small world :smile: so ruislip area then? Or somewhere thereabouts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was guessing Rayners Lane/Ruislip, I'm from down the road Northolt/South Harrow.
Reply 115
Original post by James A
yeah, it was worth noting that the doors felt like they were gonna open at high speed, haha.

classic underground.

Don't forget how they use to practically bounce between King Cross and Seven Sisters!

And the 'emergency braking' that was the normal way to break! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNqKnfT52tw)

That clip brings back memories <3

And the trains felt fast too!
I even loved the commentary too!

I loved the Victoria line with a passion- I missed those trains

'please move right down inside the car' It was superb!
If I was in charge the money spent on the silly new trains would have been spent extending the Victoria line to Streatham!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 116
Is that how long it's going to take for them to pimp the bakerloo line? Damn, I'll be able to go to uni up North, come back and STILL enjoy the line :biggrin: Oh, I'm so happy!

Yeah- they're having problems getting funding!

They also want to change the Piccadilly line trains too!

I think they should extend the bakerloo line and victoria without wasting money painting stations and new trains

The Northern Line will be upgraded by next year
Reply 117
Original post by Fusion
I like the strech between Kings Cross heading eastbound on the circle/h and c/district. Some of the view out the window feels really old fashioned London.

Yes King's Cross to Liverpool Street/Aldgate is good

Though KGX station is boring
Original post by RVNmax
Yeah I was guessing Rayners Lane/Ruislip, I'm from down the road Northolt/South Harrow.

Ah yes, smart! I'm right in Eastcote :smile: this is really weird, but then its a london thread, it would be even more strange if it was a national thing...
Original post by a729
Don't forget how they use to practically bounce between King Cross and Seven Sisters!

And the 'emergency braking' that was the normal way to break! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNqKnfT52tw)

That clip brings back memories <3

And the trains felt fast too!
I even loved the commentary too!

I loved the Victoria line with a passion- I missed those trains

'please move right down inside the car' It was superb!
If I was in charge the money spent on the silly new trains would have been spent extending the Victoria line to Streatham!

have you seen the world records people do for passing every undeground station.

The record is 16 hours the last time I checked.

Quick Reply

Latest