The Student Room Group

English Baccalaureate?

Hi, i am in year 10 and i am aware that i am taking the ebacc route, where you achieve at least a C in English,science,maths, a language and a humanity, but that is all i know about it.

I was wondering is it measured in the same way as the international baccalaureate where you get points, if so what amount of points per grade?

Any help will be appreciated thanks :smile:
It's not a qualification, it's just to make sure GCSE subjects are broader and more academic. I think it's more to do with how the school is measured rather than the student.

http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/qualifications/englishbac/a0075975/the-english-baccalaureate
Reply 2
English Baccalaureate has been scrapped!
Original post by lewmitchell
Hi, i am in year 10 and i am aware that i am taking the ebacc route, where you achieve at least a C in English,science,maths, a language and a humanity, but that is all i know about it.

I was wondering is it measured in the same way as the international baccalaureate where you get points, if so what amount of points per grade?

Any help will be appreciated thanks :smile:

It's not measured in the same way, no. You get UMS 'points', but they're different to the IB, which is marked out of 42.
Reply 4
Original post by SportsFan
English Baccalaureate has been scrapped!

That's not entirely true... The new qualifications that the government were doing called the 'English Baccalaureate' have been scrapped but the thing you get with a gcse in English, maths, science, humanity etc has not been scrapped

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
thanks everyone

Quick Reply

Latest