The Student Room Group

What's your underground line?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a729
Circle line is the worst line!

Gah, I know! Annoyingly, the places I need to get to are mostly served by the Circle and Hammersmith & City lines. As a result, it takes ages to get anywhere.

If I had a choice, I'd definitely take the Victoria or Piccadilly lines instead...
Reply 121
Original post by James A
have you seen the world records people do for passing every undeground station.

The record is 16 hours the last time I checked.

I saw some guys attempt on the original 'the Tube' series!

I'd do it if I could cajole my friends are into doing it too lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spacemenrule94
Gah, I know! Annoyingly, the places I need to get to are mostly served by the Circle and Hammersmith & City lines. As a result, it takes ages to get anywhere.

If I had a choice, I'd definitely take the Victoria or Piccadilly lines instead...

The Jubilee every time. It's much faster than the others. Commuting along the Jube is very heaven.
Reply 123
Original post by spacemenrule94

Well if you can use Hammersmith, Notting Hill Gate and KGX you can minimise the time wasted on those lines!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Central line (although I hate the interchange between the DLR and Central line at Bank); or the Jubilee Line. Oh, and although it isn't technically an underground line, the DLR. It's so slow but it's so pleasant to be above ground, especially going through the Canary Wharf on a nice day.

I have Hammersmith & City and District lines pretty close too but I choose not to use them because they're crap.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 125
Original post by Sky_Dream
Central line (although I hate the interchange between the DLR and Central line at Bank); or the Jubilee Line. Oh, and although it isn't technically an underground line, the DLR. It's so slow but it's so pleasant to be above ground, especially going through the Canary Wharf on a nice day.

I have Hammersmith & City and District lines pretty close too but I choose not to use them because they're crap.

The District line runs a decent service!

You can change at sub-street Bank if you go past the barriers and walk around the subway tunnel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a729
I saw some guys attempt on the original 'the Tube' series!

I'd do it if I could cajole my friends are into doing it too lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you watch the new series of the Tube.

Well it was made by the bbc.

Shown in 2011.

[video="youtube;TrhslXjN5xE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrhslXjN5xE[/video]
Reply 127
Original post by James A

Shown in 2011.

[video="youtube;TrhslXjN5xE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrhslXjN5xE[/video]

I watched them all
And the 2012 series!
Original post by a729
I watched them all
And the 2012 series!

2012 series?

You mean the video above??
Original post by James A

Shown in 2011.

There was a similar series shown on Sky at some point a few years ago that was actually (I thought) better, it delved into the lives of different people like drivers and engineers, controllers, ticket barrier staff, etc. It was very funny and also alarming at times, when it showed what they are up against. Congestion and overcrowding can really be insane at times and it gets quite dangerous to be down there when its really bad.
Reply 130
Original post by James A
2012 series?

You mean the video above??

No there was a second series last year

It had one about the carnival
I wish my tube line was the legendary Brill Tramway.

It was part of the Metropolitan Railway and became part of the London Underground when that was created in 1933. It closed in 1935.

http://underground-history.co.uk/brill.php

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/last-journey-of-quaint-old-railway
Original post by a729
No there was a second series last year

It had one about the carnival

Yeah, that's the series that the video I posted above was in!

Notting Hill Carnival!
Original post by notsure
District line - the slowest of them all and then the c2c (national rail) :biggrin:

You must use a similar route to me...
Reply 134
Original post by James A
Yeahi, that's the series that the video I posted above was in!

Notting Hill Carnival!

Thete was only 1 series and it was aired in 2012! Not 2011
Im on the Central Line
Original post by kath_igidbashian
Sorry, hope I'm not completely stupid but what did you mean by the bit in brackets?? Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm guessing Ruislip, but could be Ickenham as well :tongue:
Used to be a Jubilee line regular till i moved, now on Northern line, and close to District.

love when i get on Metropolitan though!
Original post by a729
The District line runs a decent service!

You can change at sub-street Bank if you go past the barriers and walk around the subway tunnel

Posted from TSR Mobile

The district line is generally slow/always got maintenance on though. Bank just takes forever to walk through, which ever way you go, I find.
Reply 139
Original post by a729
What do you mean?

It's slow west of Earl's Court or East of Tower Hill

The District Line is the only line I take basically so I'm used to it lol. I mostly take the bus to places so I try not to take the tube anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest