The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Uni - Firmed Offers 2013

Thought I'd make this thread for all of us who have firmed an offer from Glasgow University and will be starting as freshers in September:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Economics :smile: applied for carincross accommodation also

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by CameronLee
Economics :smile: applied for carincross accommodation also

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dentistry here, going to be commuting to uni, hopefully staying in Glasgow for freshers!
Reply 3
Original post by DmDm234
Dentistry here, going to be commuting to uni, hopefully staying in Glasgow for freshers!

Engineering for me :biggrin: Just need an advanced B.
Mum won't let me leave so I'll have an hours commute- oh the joys!:rolleyes:
Law with French! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Direct15
Engineering for me :biggrin: Just need an advanced B.
Mum won't let me leave so I'll have an hours commute- oh the joys!:rolleyes:

cool! where will you be commuting from? halls are unbelievably expensive:frown: travelling is going to save me £3000!
Reply 6
Anatomy here. :smile: Not staying in halls but I already live pretty nearby.
Reply 7
Original post by MissMabey
Anatomy here. :smile: Not staying in halls but I already live pretty nearby.

I live right on the same street as the library and its so nice not having to walk up that horrible hill everyday.

Posted from TSR Mobilek
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Shomberlon
I live right on the same street as the library and its so nice not having to walk up that horrible hill everyday.

Posted from TSR Mobilek

Ah, I'm in Scotstoun so a short bus ride and walk away, but that hill can can only be good for me... Right? :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by DmDm234
cool! where will you be commuting from? halls are unbelievably expensive:frown: travelling is going to save me £3000!

Barrhead- such an anti-climax-, 10 mins to train station, 15-20 mins on train to central,5-10 mins to subway, 10ish mins to Hillhead and about 5-10 min walk to university unless I can pass my driving test.

I'm only staying so I don't need a loan, well that and my mum said no - her word is final :frown:
Ah, I'm in Scotstoun so a short bus ride and walk away, but that hill can can only be good for me... Right? :tongue:

Ah you'll be alright then because you can just walk up University Ave which is a lot easier 😁, what other subjects are you taking a long anatomy?

Posted from TSR Mobilek
Reply 11
Ah you'll be alright then because you can just walk up University Ave which is a lot easier ������, what other subjects are you taking a long anatomy?

Posted from TSR Mobilek

And this is where my nerdy poring over the course catalog is revealed! First year I want to take intro to bioengineering in the first semester and forensic medicine in the second, although I'm hoping they're not restricted to engineering/law students respectively. What are you doing?
Reply 12
Original post by Direct15
Barrhead- such an anti-climax-, 10 mins to train station, 15-20 mins on train to central,5-10 mins to subway, 10ish mins to Hillhead and about 5-10 min walk to university unless I can pass my driving test.

I'm only staying so I don't need a loan, well that and my mum said no - her word is final :frown:

I live just outside Ayr, so 45 mins on train and a short walk to the Dental School! Same here, I really don't want to leave uni with massive debts:frown:
And this is where my nerdy poring over the course catalog is revealed! First year I want to take intro to bioengineering in the first semester and forensic medicine in the second, although I'm hoping they're not restricted to engineering/law students respectively. What are you doing?

This year I did History (my major) with a side salad of archaeology and Celtic civ. next year im not sure what I'm taking.

Posted from TSR Mobilek
Reply 14
English Lit :smile:
Reply 15
I've yet to officially firm it but definitely going. Studying English Literature/English Language :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
This year I did History (my major) with a side salad of archaeology and Celtic civ. next year im not sure what I'm taking.

Posted from TSR Mobilek

I've heard the Celtic stuff is really good at Glasgow. What's it like at the uni in general? And are you from round here originally? :smile:
Reply 17
I've firmed my place for Psychology and put Murano Street as my first choice for accommodation.

I live in England though, 350miles away from Glasgow so pretty nervous!
Reply 18
Original post by pajeee
I've firmed my place for Psychology and put Murano Street as my first choice for accommodation.

I live in England though, 350miles away from Glasgow so pretty nervous!

I'm from the south of England so I know how you feel about that! Although I've had a bit of a head start as I've been living here since August. It's kinda weird being so far away from home but Glasgow and the west end is just so nice that's it really not that bad.
Reply 19
Just firmed for Computer Science.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending