The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

I've almost finished all my ISA's got my section 2 of energy from fuels and i'm done.

They're as follows:

45/50 in Hooke's Law
45/50 in Osmosis
41/50 in Self heating (really disappointed with this one) hopefully, can pull out 43 somehow in my energy from fuels but, i really doubt it :'(
Good.

As for revision, I started yesterday and am working my way through each Unit on Sam Learning, except for P3 which we haven't yet finished.
What does your 41 in self heating cans equate to in ums? My teacher said I got 91 so I'm resitting that tomorrow.
Original post by dandaman7771
What does your 41 in self heating cans equate to in ums? My teacher said I got 91 so I'm resitting that tomorrow.

It equates to 95UMS - its a good UMS score, not a good raw mark though
I must have done bad then.:eek:
I must have done bad then.:eek:

why what did you get? How have you done bad? :s-smilie:
Reply 86
Original post by Captain Anonymous
I can help with the biology ISA, if you tell me what's it on :colondollar:. Your physics is brilliant and so is your chemistry, your biology is good aswell :smile:

Thanks, my biology is on photosynthesis. I should be alright, ISAs are just about memorizing answers
Chemistry unit 1 - 100UMS (a*)
Chemistry unit 2 - 91UMS (a*)
Chemistry ISA - 95 UMS (a*)

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was your raw mark for your chemistry ISA and what topic was yours on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Efemena15
Thanks, my biology is on photosynthesis. I should be alright, ISAs are just about memorizing answers

oh okay! i done this one a while back around 7months ago.. all i can remember is that:

in paper 1 they asked hypothesis + explanation, which source was better and why, 9 marker about your method,equpiment,risk assessment and how to make a fair test its tested upon your QWC, they asked you to draw a results table for the method you descirbed.

In paper 2, the ask things like do your results support the hypothesuis, did you get any anomulaus results, things on accuracy, a few case study questions (these are the annoyingly hard ones), context question and a graph question that you drew for your experiement, oh yeah they also ask you to draw the graph for case study 1 i think :biggrin:

These are basic things that always appear on ISA's
By bad it was an over-exaggeration, but considerably worse than others. I was probably around 38 raw marks then, which when out of 50? sounds not great for an ISA.
Original post by Jadoreidior
What was your raw mark for your chemistry ISA and what topic was yours on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

my raw mark was 41 and the isa was on self heating food cans (i done this in year 10 which i'm annoyed about) so i scored fairly low :frown:, i'm doing another one on energy and fuels now and can hopefully get around 43 but, it seems very unlikely as i think the ISA is pretty difficult.
Reply 91
It feels so good to have such an insurance going into these exams because I won't get time to revise for them much.
By bad it was an over-exaggeration, but considerably worse than others. I was probably around 38 raw marks then, which when out of 50? sounds not great for an ISA.

Raw marks for ISA's don't look brilliant but, UMS marks do - these are the ones that matter to be honest.

The ISA boundaries are: 39 A*, 35 A, 31 B, 28 C

CAP (100UMS) is: 43/50

Neg rep, why exactly?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 93
oh okay! i done this one a while back around 7months ago.. all i can remember is that:

in paper 1 they asked hypothesis + explanation, which source was better and why, 9 marker about your method,equpiment,risk assessment and how to make a fair test its tested upon your QWC, they asked you to draw a results table for the method you descirbed.

In paper 2, the ask things like do your results support the hypothesuis, did you get any anomulaus results, things on accuracy, a few case study questions (these are the annoyingly hard ones), context question and a graph question that you drew for your experiement, oh yeah they also ask you to draw the graph for case study 1 i think :biggrin:

These are basic things that always appear on ISA's

Yeah I'll be fine I'm sure thanks a lot :biggrin:
Original post by Farhan96
It feels so good to have such an insurance going into these exams because I won't get time to revise for them much.

yeah i know exactly what you mean, all the hard work for ISA's unit 1 and unit 2 paid off as there's less preassure for science exams now - and exam timetables are very compact.

I can use the time to revise more effectivey for things like: business and geography :colondollar:
Original post by Efemena15
Yeah I'll be fine I'm sure thanks a lot :biggrin:

pleasure and best of luck :wink:, inform me about how it went :smile:
Reply 96
pleasure and best of luck :wink:, inform me about how it went :smile:

I will do
No of course i'm not joking! If you resit your P1 and get 57UMS D grade, it won't matter as you'll get 81UMS A grade, as your best grade counts... :colondollar:

It doesn't they take your most recent grade into consideration only

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jadoreidior
It doesn't they take your most recent grade into consideration only

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not read 40% rule on the AQA website or another student room member has posted it
:/ I wish I knew my ISA results, then it would take some pressure off.

Quick Reply