The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Sa3uel
Hey, I was wondering if anyone's been to The Skalinn Centre in Iceland: we're going there in a week for a school trip and I wanted to know whether they have WiFi so I can Skype home (family problems atm, so I want to be able to look after my mum while I'm away). I searched for a website, but nothing comes up on google so dunno where I can find out.
Thanks to anyone who replies :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do they have wifi? And what is the food like? Going there soon!!:smile:
Reply 2
They do have WiFi but if there are loads of people there, it's very slow or hard to get onto (but that was only cos there was another school there as well as ours).
Foods very nice, actually - nothing at all special but very adequate :P and there's unlimited tea and coffee at any time (WIN).
It's a sweet little place and the views are amazing :biggrin:
Any other questions? :P x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Sa3uel
They do have WiFi but if there are loads of people there, it's very slow or hard to get onto (but that was only cos there was another school there as well as ours).
Foods very nice, actually - nothing at all special but very adequate :P and there's unlimited tea and coffee at any time (WIN).
It's a sweet little place and the views are amazing :biggrin:
Any other questions? :P x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah good, thank you:-)
Sounds like its going to be nice!
I dont think I have any other questions, but thank you:-)x
I'm going there on Saturday! What are the views like exactly? Is it in a valley or near mountains at all? It sounds lovely from your description......

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
There are mountains to one side, and sort of grassy hills to the other :smile:
The mountains are really beautiful :biggrin:ImageUploadedByStudent Room1373952154.277422.jpg
This is a panorama of the mountains (behind the twiggy bush). They're much closer in real life, it's just the perspective of my camera :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by letthesunshine
I'm going there on Saturday! What are the views like exactly? Is it in a valley or near mountains at all? It sounds lovely from your description......

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going on Saturday too:-)
Thankyou sa3uel (I haven't worked out how to reference messages when I reply on my iPod yet)! I can't wait, I'm so excited! Skalinn centre on Saturday for the win!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was so good there (apart from the meatballs the first night that I'm pretty sure contained no actual meat whatsoever).....it's a great centre in a great setting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Sorry for not replying for ages!
It's a really sweet place, and I get the impression that it's family run which is cute :smile: Hope the meatballs didn't kill you :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Those meatballs were awful! They were like rubber.
Original post by Summ3rSun
Those meatballs were awful! They were like rubber.

they were, but I was so hungry I ate them anyway! I just chewed them really quick so I didn't have to taste them :s-smilie: And then I bought loads of toblerones at the supermarket, which got me through the rest of the week!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest