The Student Room Group

Free Entry for Exposed Breasts

Scroll to see replies

This is actually illegal. While it's rarely enforced, clubs are by law banned from giving preferential treatment for tickets on basis of gender.
Original post by anarchism101
This is actually illegal. While it's rarely enforced, clubs are by law banned from giving preferential treatment for tickets on basis of gender.
That kind of thing is illegal but few people are going to complain. Girls get in for free/quickly, and guys get a favourable guy to girl ratio with plenty of hot girls.
Reply 22
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Oh, fantastic. Hey, ladies, if you want to be treated better, all you have to do is show us your tits! Not a biggie, right?

****. Right. Off.

This is sexist as hell, and just degrades women into an object of sexual gratification, nothing more.

Please go.
Original post by The Mad Dog
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-21902806

An absolutely disgusting degrading of women or just a good marketing ploy?

I would hardly call it a good marketing ploy.

Original post by Psyk
I think it's really sexist.

If a guy got his dick out, that wouldn't get him free entry, they probably wouldn't let him in at all.

Sexist.

Maybe for you. :wink:
Reply 24
Yawn.

I'm getting tired of this country blowing nitpicking every single little incidence and citing it as something ism.

There's bigger things to worry about a ****ing nightclub offering women free entries for showing their breasts [Also if anything this is sexist against men but of course feminists are incapable of LOGIC].
Reply 25
Original post by anarchism101

Who cares though how each gender is treated by businesses? I hate how laws have to butt in with everything. If people truly are offended by being discriminated by their gender then they simple won't go and the business will lose out of a lot of profits/go bust. In this case the business is discriminating against but the men don't mind so no one is complaining really.
Reply 26
Original post by thunder_chunky

Maybe for you. :wink:

Depends what sort of club you go to I suppose.
Reply 27
Just to give my opinion this is a backwards degrading of women that demeans them as worthless especially as it's basically saying "hey ladies, we are only letting you in so the men we actually want to make money from are likely to come in and play with themselves in front of all you're lovely titties." It's turning people into sex objects.
A lot of clubs give reduced/free entry to girls while guys have to pay like £20 entry (non-student nights in London). That's just as sexist as this.
Original post by doggyfizzel
That kind of thing is illegal but few people are going to complain. Girls get in for free/quickly, and guys get a favourable guy to girl ratio with plenty of hot girls.

Just pointing out that there's already a law before anyone calls for one.
Reply 30
I think it's both sexist and stupid and both the club and girls flashing should be charged with relevant laws.
Reply 31
Original post by Coffinman
I think it's both sexist and stupid and both the club and girls flashing should be charged with relevant laws.

And what is such relevant law that prevents a girl from exposing her breasts on private property?
Reply 32
Why don't you go in a shopping mall pull your bits out and tell us when you get arrested. Do you support this kind of business tactic?
Reply 33
Original post by Waterstorm
A lot of clubs give reduced/free entry to girls while guys have to pay like £20 entry (non-student nights in London). That's just as sexist as this.

What are trading standards doing about it?
Why don't you go in a shopping mall pull your bits out and tell us when you get arrested. Do you support this kind of business tactic?
It says cleavage, plus there are few shopping malls which invite you to do this so its not the same example.
Reply 35
So? I thought low cut tops were pretty much standard for nights out. The things complaining are probably ugly or flatchested. Girls are always bending over in pictures so their cleavage is on show in some attempt to get more Likes from boys to boost their self-confidence lol.
Reply 36

Because a shopping mall is a public place...

A nightclub isn't.

You have your brain replaced with custard or something?
Bouncers for bouncers.
I'm rather alarmed by some of the inconsistent libertarian responses so far. Although I agree with the proposition that it is a private property and therefore they should be allowed to set whatever entry rules they like (providing no harm is committed) that does not mean one should not protest against this degradation of women. Libertarianism, whilst allowing for private companies to generally act as they please - and indeed I would disagree with governmental action to stop this sort of thing - is perfectly compatible with boycotts, criticism and protests, and it in fact encourages this. Hence my confusion at so many in this thread operating under the mantra that because it's private, we should let them do as they please with no opportunity for criticism or protest.

Also, out of interest, how many of the respondents (both sexes) have been objectified before as a sex object? It happened for the first time for me recently and it is truly a horrible feeling. To be told comments like "the things I'd do to him" is deeply unpleasant and degrading.

However it should be said I also agree that the fact this offer is limited to females is sexist too.
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Oh, fantastic. Hey, ladies, if you want to be treated better, all you have to do is show us your tits! Not a biggie, right?

****. Right. Off.

This is sexist as hell, and just degrades women into an object of sexual gratification, nothing more.

In this modern world woman are just objects of sexual gratification. Get over it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending