The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

Guys, what should I do ?
Biology is the only science i doubt an A* in.
In Unit 1 i got 82 and in Unit 2 I got 84. I have done the first part of the isa .
What do you recommend I should do ? I would really love to get A* in it. I have started revising for b3 as in school I dont learn nothing - teachers :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dandaman7771
Good.

As for revision, I started yesterday and am working my way through each Unit on Sam Learning, except for P3 which we haven't yet finished.

For Sam learning, do you need an account ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThatPerson
:/ I wish I knew my ISA results, then it would take some pressure off.

Same. And the teachers in my school are so lazy so I wont be getting them for a long time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any tips or resources ? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pinkgorilla
Same. And the teachers in my school are so lazy so I wont be getting them for a long time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

its partly because they don't know where the grade boundaries are going to be because they don't know the UMS conversion.

Although I still wish they could say if it would be above an A. I mean a difference of 5 marks would really be bad marking wouldn't it? Science isn't exactly subjective.
Reply 105
Original post by Captain Anonymous
It's not read 40% rule on the AQA website or another student room member has posted it

Basically if you cash in your results in the summer which like everyone will then any retakes will count as part of that final grade even if you get lower.
Reply 106
Guys, what should I do ?
In Unit 1 i got 82 and in Unit 2 I got 84. I have done the first part of the isa .
What do you recommend I should do ? I would really love to get A* in it. I have started revising for b3 as in school I dont learn nothing - teachers :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do well in the ISA and try to get near full UMS - this year controlled assessments are a fairly easy way of moving up a grade.

If you get full ums in the ISA you need 94/95 UMS in B3 for an A* overall. Anything less in the ISA would put you in a difficult situation.
For Sam learning, do you need an account ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes.
My school bought it so everyone has one but I don't know how much it would be per person.
Guys, what should I do ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just try and do really well in your ISA! or otherwise it'll be difficult for an A* overall then you may need to re sit B2/B1 if you want but, this may result in a lower score in B3.

Nevertheless, an A grade is still brilliant :wink:
Reply 109
Hi!!!

I'm sitting all 3 as well as P1. What are your target grades?

hey! mine are all a*'s - as my minimum, but so far I've only been getting high b's (lack of revision) :frown:
you?
Don't worry, you can still bring it back!!!

My grades so far:

Physics:

P1: 81-A Resitting
P2: 88-A
ISA: 98-A*

Chemistry:

C1: 85-A
C2: 83-A
ISA: 91-A Resitting

Biology:

B1: 86-A
B2: 80-A
ISA: Don't know yet, hopefully 100ums!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Don't worry, you can still bring it back!!!

My grades so far:

Physics:

P1: 81-A Resitting
P2: 88-A
ISA: 98-A*

Chemistry:

C1: 85-A
C2: 83-A
ISA: 91-A Resitting

Biology:

B1: 86-A
B2: 80-A
ISA: Don't know yet, hopefully 100ums!!!

Nice! :wink:
Not wanting to get boring, but is Farhan96 right about resits?
Not wanting to get boring, but is Farhan96 right about resits?

i don't think so because your only cashing in what you've completed so, everything other than your resit. Your best mark counts whenever you do a re sit if it is applied to the 40% rule .

If you re sit P1 in june you'll keep the highest mark from the two and this will be cashed in for your overall grade - this is my understanding of it ( i spoke to exam teacher in our school as i was unsure if i wanted to re sit in january) :tongue:
Reply 114
Original post by Captain Anonymous
i don't think so because your only cashing in what you've completed so, everything other than your resit. Your best mark counts whenever you do a re sit if it is applied to the 40% rule .

If you re sit P1 in june you'll keep the highest mark from the two and this will be cashed in for your overall grade - this is my understanding of it ( i spoke to exam teacher in our school as i was unsure if i wanted to re sit in january) :tongue:

Cash-in means getting your final grade and this is done in june for triple science at least. My head of science explained this last lesson.

Some people cashed in an add science in jan and their resit in january counted even if they got lower.
Thanks.

Will double, treble check with our Head of Science.
What is the resit procedure for ISA's, do we do a whole different topic or just redo Self Heating Cans in my case?
Reply 116
Thanks.

Will double, treble check with our Head of Science.
What is the resit procedure for ISA's, do we do a whole different topic or just redo Self Heating Cans in my case?

You're not allowed to redo the same one but if you're on the good side of your head of science and you keep it on the low; there's a chance he or she will let you retake the same one.
Original post by Farhan96
You're not allowed to redo the same one but if you're on the good side of your head of science and you keep it on the low; there's a chance he or she will let you retake the same one.

:wink:
Sorry to break it to you, but those SCA4P ones arent our ISA grade boundaries, We do PHY4P CHY4P AND BIO4P or something like that, my teacher said if you do seperate sciences those arent the grade boundaries. Considering everyone is getting like 45+ they're far too low anyway so it makes sense
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 119
Question, what grade will I need to achieve in B3 to get an A:

These are my current marks.

B1 - 79/100 UMS
B2 - 88/100 UMS
ISA - 44/50 (A*) Not sure what UMS...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending