The Student Room Group

How to beat exam stress ?!

I'm currently studying for AS exams and I've recently been feeling really stressed and anxious about all the work I've got to do. Has anyone else been in the same situation? Has anyone got any advice about how to cope with exam stress?

Thanks
Original post by LydiaO
I'm currently studying for AS exams and I've recently been feeling really stressed and anxious about all the work I've got to do. Has anyone else been in the same situation? Has anyone got any advice about how to cope with exam stress?

Thanks

YES. Took my AS exams last year, and I definitely ended up stressing.

This arose because I'm a disorganised person by nature, and that's not exactly conducive to doing well at AS-level. I found sorting out a timetable so I could visualise how much work I needed to do really did the trick.

Also, I've heard that gentle exercise, like running, helps combat stress.

As for me, I found that a cup of tea and regular breaks tended to help :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by spacemenrule94
YES. Took my AS exams last year, and I definitely ended up stressing.

This arose because I'm a disorganised person by nature, and that's not exactly conducive to doing well at AS-level. I found sorting out a timetable so I could visualise how much work I needed to do really did the trick.

Also, I've heard that gentle exercise, like running, helps combat stress.

As for me, I found that a cup of tea and regular breaks tended to help :smile:

Thanks
Be positive and be organised!

Dont dread the exams...embrace the exam period! See it as the chance to put all that hard work to good use and show the examiner what you're capable of, and don't forget summer after those exams!

As long as you're prepared by knowing the content inside out, done past papers and had a good look at mark schemes to know where to improve then you'll be fine. HONEST.

I was in the same boat last year and my A2's are a month after yours.
Sit back, watch a film.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
I'm like that too! What I find helps is working with friends, I mean actually working not chatting, and sometimes I even face time someone and we'll just sit and work together. It helps as there's always someone there to consult if you need help :smile: also, just watching a half hour programme or listening to some music really helps me :smile: Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm always extremely stressed when it comes to exam preparation and espiecally on the exam day, resulting in not getting the grades I want as I just forget everything or write a bunch of random crap. I tend to be one of those people who will think about revision and have the motivation but wont actually sit down and do it. If you've got a lot of time left, you can do small chunks of the work a day. Having a healthy diet and plenty of sleep does help! You could even use meditation techniques if you feel extremely tense one day! Google or youtube how to cope with exam stress - there should be some better answers there! Good luck :smile:
Reply 7
Thank you all for the tips :smile: I will take them all on board!

Quick Reply

Latest