The Student Room Group

Is 8 hours a day of revision for GCSE too much?

^^^says it all.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
once you get to uni you will get burnout!
Original post by Pawsies
once you get to uni you will get burnout!

Or maybe actually used to the amount of studying you need to do at uni for some courses- so will be used to it.
Reply 3
Yes, once you get to a certain point, it stops going in and your revision becomes inefficient. Quality > Quantity.
Reply 4
do 2 hours maximum
The amount of content involved in a GSCE exam should not require 8 hours of revision a day, assuming you actually went to school.
i think its a tad too much
Yeah, I think it's too much. To be honest, for GCSEs I think you can get away with doing 2 hours a day and still ending up with straight As
Reply 8
If you're doing so much revision at GCSE, you'll be screwed at AS.
it's unnecessary and a waste of time as by the end of the 8 hours you are tired and not concentrating/taking it in properly. 4-5 hours is more than enough and you could even get away with as little as 2
Far too much. You'll burn out brah.
Reply 11
Original post by LeonVII
Yeah, I think it's too much. To be honest, for GCSEs I think you can get away with doing 2 hours a day and still ending up with straight As

it's possible to do that at ASLevel too...
Original post by madfish
it's possible to do that at ASLevel too...

I know! :biggrin:
If you have the will power to do 8 hours a day at GCSE level, I salute you.
It's good that you're prepared but give time for your social life too! But if you're committed you'll be just fine for a-levels
It's definitely not too much assuming you go to school for most of that 8 hours. That would give you about 2 hours of home revision (I find 3 is better). I usually do around that much for my GCSE revision anyways. However, if this 8 hours is after school or on weekends, then yeah, definitely too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Less is more...
Yes! You don't need that much time to revise for them, it will be too much and you won't be processing and remembering it!

and imo you don't need to revise THAT much for GCSE's. (obviously you do need to do a lot, but 8h's a day is a bit excessive) :smile:
Well, it's better than none at all. Although if you need to do this much revision to get decent grades then you should really think about if doing a-levels is a good idea or if you're capable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
2 hours a day is enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending