The Student Room Group

AQA phya4 - electric fields help

Hi guys, would of any of you care to explain electric fields to me? it's not the nicest of chapters and I'm kinda struggling :/ or maybe if you could send me some notes, whatever the case, I'd be very grateful for any contribution, no matter how small :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by SDavis123
Hi guys, would of any of you care to explain electric fields to me? it's not the nicest of chapters and I'm kinda struggling :/ or maybe if you could send me some notes, whatever the case, I'd be very grateful for any contribution, no matter how small :smile:

Do you have the A2 CGP revision book? I think it sums it up pretty nicely in there. Though i agree that its not the nicest of chapters...i'm retaking it this summer :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by kingm
Do you have the A2 CGP revision book? I think it sums it up pretty nicely in there. Though i agree that its not the nicest of chapters...i'm retaking it this summer :smile:

Yh I've got that but I still don't feel very confident at it :frown:
Reply 3
Yh I've got that but I still don't feel very confident at it :frown:

The only thing i can really suggest then (because i'll be doing the same) is to go through every past paper and tackle the electric field questions. At least that way you have the mark scheme etc. The more questions you do the more it will sink in.

I don't think anyone here is likely to attempt to explain the whole topic of electric fields to you. It's too much to ask.
The book I have here in front of me takes 14 pages and 25 diagrams to do this. :eek:

It would be far better to start by posting a problem here that you need help with, saying exactly what you have done and understand and then where you are stuck and what you don't understand.
There are plenty of people on here, myself included, who will help you.

I'm not too sure what the AQA syllabus is like (I do edexcel), but I found some of these lectures very useful when revising electromagnetism. (He does a whole series on electricity and magnetism)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3omwHv3Cmog

It contains some information on electric fields and I think it helps sometimes to learn stuff in a different way as opposed to simply reading the work.

But is there anything particular you'd like to know?
Reply 6
Original post by Stonebridge
I don't think anyone here is likely to attempt to explain the whole topic of electric fields to you. It's too much to ask.
The book I have here in front of me takes 14 pages and 25 diagrams to do this. :eek:

It would be far better to start by posting a problem here that you need help with, saying exactly what you have done and understand and then where you are stuck and what you don't understand.
There are plenty of people on here, myself included, who will help you.

The thing is I don't really understand the chapter, I think the best thing to do would be to ask my teacher if she'd do a revision lesson on it but thanks for offering to help anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest