The Student Room Group

How to cook sausages quickly?

I love sausages. But I don't love how long they take to cook. Sometimes I cook them on the hob, but you have to keep rolling them so they don't burn on the bit touching the pan. I've also grilled them but my grill takes about 5 minutes to get hot, and the sausages take like 15 minutes to cook (Which is quite a long time :frown:)

I found microwave sausages, which are basically like big cocktail sausages that you shove in the microwave for a minute. They are great! Not long to cook and taste great too. The downside? £2.50 for a box of 6 is a bit excessive :colondollar:

Can I cook normal sausages in the microwave or anything?

Scroll to see replies

I sometimes cheat by using scissors to cut up the sausages. then pan fry them :smile:
Reply 2
I wouldn't dare put sausages in the microwave...

Some sausages can be deep-fried and ready really quickly, but I think othewise, the grill is quickest.

edit: oh I see, they're specifically microwave sausages. Interesting idea...
Reply 3
5 mims with minimum of fat in the frying pan (you can use a saucepan and add some onions to make them super delicious). They just need to be slightly brown. They are quite thin and have a lot of fat in them, so don't take much cooking. Watch out for spitting though, they are not called bangers for nothing.
NB who grills sausages all that grill pan to wash up, use a saucepan.
Reply 4
Of course ther are always frankfurters in a can that you just heat up in water in a saucepan. they are good in a bun with onions and ketchup. NB You get 8 in a can so it would be fine for a couple of meals
Reply 5
When I'm cooking sausages I cut them lengthways once they've defrosted and cooked most of the way through, saves about five minutes that way. Also I'd cut them up anyway because I only have them on sandwiches.
Reply 6
Original post by Manitude
When I'm cooking sausages I cut them lengthways once they've defrosted and cooked most of the way through, saves about five minutes that way. Also I'd cut them up anyway because I only have them on sandwiches.

This is making me hungry now----- always with caramelised onions.
Reply 7
just dont end up like neil from the inbetweeners :mmm:
Reply 8
If they are thick sausages then I cut them lengthways.
You can just rub them between your hands until they heat up, then you're ready to eat them.
Original post by Runninground
I love sausages. But I don't love how long they take to cook. Sometimes I cook them on the hob, but you have to keep rolling them so they don't burn on the bit touching the pan. I've also grilled them but my grill takes about 5 minutes to get hot, and the sausages take like 15 minutes to cook (Which is quite a long time :frown:)

I found microwave sausages, which are basically like big cocktail sausages that you shove in the microwave for a minute. They are great! Not long to cook and taste great too. The downside? £2.50 for a box of 6 is a bit excessive :colondollar:

Butterfly the sausages and then fry them until they are very well done mate. You don't want to mess about with cooking meat, I lost my job because I was careless when cooking sausages
Original post by irishspringbok
I sometimes cheat by using scissors to cut up the sausages. then pan fry them :smile:

*Then.
Ideally a barbecue otherwise grill them. Never use a microwave.
Reply 13
Put shallow vertical slices down the sides of them, allowing them to be cooked quicker and more evenly. :smile:
Original post by meenu89
If they are thick sausages then I cut them lengthways.

I agree with this.

Try this OP.
Reply 15
Same, cooks quicker!
Original post by irishspringbok
Original post by concerned guy
*Then.

ohhh i'm shorry puntuasion the poleese are you?.....please:rolleyes:
sosoj
Original post by Runninground

I would have thought the tastiest way and somewhat quick way ( albeit unhealthiest) would be to deep fry the sausages.

If you increase the surface area of the sausage, say by cutting down the middle and turning it into a patty, it will cook quicker. Make sure your oil is preheated as well to cut down the cooking time.
I usually use frozen ones. So if I stick them in the grill, then once they have defrosted I cut them down the middle, and stick them back in it should make it quicker?

Quick Reply

Latest