The Student Room Group

Sexism in Uk

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
God made women second as a back up...and someone to clean the kitchen
Original post by edithwashere
Nope, you're a numpty at debating because you never listen to the opposing person's point. Ergo, I'm not going to feed you anymore :troll:

What point do you possibly have that actually makes sense? Women have the rights to abortions and righly so but men should be allowed to opt out of parenting because it's your body your rights to have complete control over whether or not you have the child, so it should be your complete responsibility!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Harrow.7
God made women second as a back up...and someone to clean the kitchen

No, women came into existence before men did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jreid1994
What point do you possibly have that actually makes sense? Women have the rights to abortions and righly so but ken should be allowed to opt out of parenting because it's your body your rights to have complete control over whether or not you have the child, so it should be your complete responsibility!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should stop letting your emotions get in the way, you're not eloquent enough to make a valid point, you're just flailing madly and accusing me of saying things that I haven't said. As you have a tendency to do on this forum, I've noticed :rolleyes:
You should stop letting your emotions get in the way, you're not eloquent enough to make a valid point, you're just flailing madly and accusing me of saying things that I haven't said. As you have a tendency to do on this forum, I've noticed :rolleyes:

What emotions am I using? One good reason why women should be allowed to force men into parenting, go on... It's the equivalent of northern Dakota banning abortions, unethical and a violation of human rights. You can't say but the children, you have chosen to become a parent, not him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
What emotions am I using? One good reason why women should be allowed to force men into parenting, go on...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Due to the way that pregnancy works (which is God/evolution's fault, not mine) if a man does not wish to be a parent, then the point at which he can control that is the moment of conception. After that, it's up to the woman, because it's in her body. So if you don't want to be a parent, then wear a condom, ask your girlfriend to use the pill, or get the snip. There's your options. I don't know why you think women are "forcing" men into parenting, most men are well aware of what sperm do when deposited into vaginas, and most men are capable of being responsible with said sperm if they're desperate not to procreate.

I have already said this to you on a different thread, but clearly the message hasn't sunk in, as always :rolleyes:
Due to the way that pregnancy works (which is God/evolution's fault, not mine) if a man does not wish to be a parent, then the point at which he can control that is the moment of conception. After that, it's up to the woman, because it's in her body. So if you don't want to be a parent, then wear a condom, ask your girlfriend to use the pill, or get the snip. There's your options. I don't know why you think women are "forcing" men into parenting, most men are well aware of what sperm do when deposited into vaginas, and most men are capable of being responsible with said sperm if they're desperate not to procreate.

I have already said this to you on a different thread, but clearly the message hasn't sunk in, as always :rolleyes:

Condoms are not nearly as effective as the pill, and a vasectomy? Why should I have to become permantly infertile to have sex? You do have the child, I know that, I'm aware of how the reproduction cycle works and women should (and do) have the choice to not be a parent, but men should too! You can't sit there and tell me that the idea of men being able to decide to not become a parent whilst the woman is at the stage where she can have an abortion is unfair.
Contraception will never be 100% effective. So not a good enough reason IMO I could say the same to women who decided to have an abortion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Condoms are not nearly as effective as the pill, and a vasectomy? Why should I have to become permantly infertile to have sex? You do have the child, I know that, I'm aware of how the reproduction cycle works and women should (and do) have the choice to not be a parent, but men should too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So go into the contraceptive industry and invest in a male pill, then. And vasectomies are reversible you know. Men have the choice not to become parents at the point of conception. After your sperm is in that fanny, you're done for. And frankly it's only your fault for letting it get in there in the first place.
So go into the contraceptive industry and invest in a male pill, then. And vasectomies are reversible you know. Men have the choice not to become parents at the point of conception. After your sperm is in that fanny, you're done for. And frankly it's only your fault for letting it get in there in the first place.

Vasectomy reversals are higly ineffective, so not reversible, 50/50 chance of working and 25% chance after 10 years.

It would be me saying abortions should be banned keep your legs closed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vasectomy reversals are higly ineffective, so not reversible, 50/50 chance of working and 25% chance after 10 years.

It would be me saying abortions should be banned keep your legs closed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sentence makes no sense. Also, can you stop going back and editing posts after I've already responded? It's highly annoying and just makes your original post look badly thought out if you have to keep going back and amending it.
Reply 50
No, stop being so bloody sensitive.
That sentence makes no sense. Also, can you stop going back and editing posts after I've already responded? It's highly annoying and just makes your original post look badly thought out if you have to keep going back and amending it.

It makes perfect sense! You know it does you can opt out of parenting men can't and you're justifying it? I just don't know who the hell you think you are to tell me what I can and can't do with MY life and my time and my money!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It makes perfect sense! You know it does you can opt out of parenting men can't and you're justifying it? I just don't know who the hell you think you are to tell me what I can and can't do with MY life and my time and my money!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Calm down dear, you're getting your knickers in a right twist. It's an internet forum, if you don't like hearing other people's opinions then don't get into debates with other people on the internet. Derp.
Calm down dear, you're getting your knickers in a right twist. It's an internet forum, if you don't like hearing other people's opinions then don't get into debates with other people on the internet. Derp.

I know it is and you're wondering why your opinion on this is "vastly superior" :rolleyes: you choose to make the baby and he didn't so justify why he should pay for what you decided, just because its 50% his DNA it's 100% your choice to keep it, so by that logic it should be 100% your financial and social responsibility unless he wants to be a father, unless you believe the pay gap is fair, because if he has to pay csa because you decided to have a child then he should earn more to compensate for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know it is and you're wondering why your opinion on this is "vastly superior" :rolleyes: you choose to make the baby and he didn't so justify why he should pay for what you decided, just because its 50% his DNA it's 100% your choice to keep it, so by that logic it should be 100% your financial and social responsibility unless he wants to be a father, unless you believe the pay gap is fair, because if he has to pay csa because you decided to have a child then he should earn more to compensate for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You both chose to make the baby when you had sex. Deal with it.
You both chose to make the baby when you had sex. Deal with it.

So we should ban abortions then? Because you decided to make a baby when you had sex? So you agree with north Dakota stance on abortion laws?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
Yes, for BOTH sexes.
I was slammed on this site for saying I'm attracted to women who act feminine and find masculine women unattractive. Of course it's fine for women to only want masculine men...
Original post by Jacob :)
I was slammed on this site for saying I'm attracted to women who act feminine and find masculine women unattractive. Of course it's fine for women to only want masculine men...

I like effeminate men far more than masculine men. "Masculine" men have much more of a tendency to try and physically abuse you, I have found from my own experiences. Being feminine shouldn't be looked down upon whatever gender it appears in.
Have you heard of the everyday sexism project? http://www.everydaysexism.com/

It's not limited to the UK, but I know a lot of the submissions are from UK women. That's just one example (also it's from a female point of view, there are lots of instances where men also suffer from sexism too which I'm sure you could look into) :smile:

The Everyday Sexism Project is a sexist piece of ****. It is fundamentally flawed in that it only sets out to document the sexism experienced by women, not by men.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending