The Student Room Group

PHYA5 ~ 20th June 2013 ~ A2 Physics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by david2457
Have you done the gas laws ISA?

Nope....were doing SHM
Reply 81
Can anyone tell me what the topic for the other isa is? Not the Shm one?
Almost finished the unit, time to scour the internet for extra resources to revise from! It's easy to find them for Chem and Maths but I cant find any for Physics!
Reply 83
Original post by Seb Hudson
Almost finished the unit, time to scour the internet for extra resources to revise from! It's easy to find them for Chem and Maths but I cant find any for Physics!

If you find any good resources, please share the links as there is indeed not much for physics on the internet.
Reply 84
Original post by Beth_L_G
Can anyone tell me what the topic for the other isa is? Not the Shm one?

Gas Laws.
I was trying to look for the phya1 thread but couldn't find it, can someone help me out? Do negative muons and negative taus have a lepton number of +1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by michael13
If you find any good resources, please share the links as there is indeed not much for physics on the internet.

http://www.antonine-education.co.uk/Pages/Physics_5/Overview.htm
Reply 87
How are my astrophysics buddies finding it so far?

Ooft I feel bad for you, even the formula sheet for that section looks horrible! I bet it's quite interesting though, we do turning points at my school :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm honestly finding it okay, all seems quite straight forward so far! Not looking forward to learning the temperatures and compositions of the different star classes though! :frown:
Reply 90
Original post by Seb Hudson
I'm honestly finding it okay, all seems quite straight forward so far! Not looking forward to learning the temperatures and compositions of the different star classes though! :frown:

Yeah that part is quite difficult to memorise. So glad I only need a high e to get my b overall
Yeah that part is quite difficult to memorise. So glad I only need a high e to get my b overall

Yeah, I was in that position for my A assuming I did okay on the ISAs but I've messed them both up and only got 78 UMS off the both of them so I've got to retake them...again!
Ok seeing as the phya4 threads aren't very busy I'd thought I'd post my question here

Can someone explain to me how r^3/t^2 is constant when it equals GM/4.pi^2 when M is a variable? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by SDavis123
Ok seeing as the phya4 threads aren't very busy I'd thought I'd post my question here

Can someone explain to me how r^3/t^2 is constant when it equals GM/4.pi^2 when M is a variable? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mass of a planet etc isn't variable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jarasta
Mass of a planet etc isn't variable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how isn't it a variable when the mass of different planets is different? :s-smilie:
Reply 95
how isn't it a variable when the mass of different planets is different? :s-smilie:

But the mass of the planet you are modelling wont change. Or change enough to matter.

It's not like that number is constant for alll planets

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jarasta
But the mass of the planet you are modelling wont change. Or change enough to matter.

It's not like that number is constant for alll planets

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh that's not what the book says -.-

The book says, "As GM/4.pi^2 is the same for all the planets, then r^3/T^2 is the same for all the planets"

(Page 66 Nelson Thornes)
Reply 97
ahh that's not what the book says -.-

The book says, "As GM/4.pi^2 is the same for all the planets, then r^3/T^2 is the same for all the planets"

(Page 66 Nelson Thornes)

Yeah, that formula holds for all planets.
Reply 98
Can't believe there's a thread on this already.. to be fair i'm busy concentrating on re-sitting Unit 4, the joys.

Anyone else doing the 'turning points' optional module?
Just starting to get through unit 5 now. It's so much different to unit 4 , despite the fact that unit 4 is known to be the more difficult paper I'm not sure to what extent I'm meant to know something in this unit. There seems to be more emphasis upon remembering particular uses for things ( radioactivity) than knowing the theory in itself - gonna be a lot of memorising. Does anyone have material for specific heat capacity and latent that explains it clearly and mentions things like assumptions ? That seems to be asked a lot and not mentioned in aqa textbook. Please :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending