The Student Room Group

A good, easy to read girly book?

I'm doing lots of uni work atm and my brain is a bit stressed out, so I need some simple, not have to think too hard escapism!! Post your favourite girly, holiday type book :smile:
Bridget Jones. Duh.
Reply 2
You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane is a good read. :smile: And cheap on Amazon as well which is always a plus!
The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand.
You should try the Confessions of a Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. There are 6 books in total and i loved them all :redface:
A book with a pastel shaded cover written by someone such as Cecilia Ahern or Lucy or such like. You don't see them as often on the tube now with Kindles.
Original post by pandabird
I'm doing lots of uni work atm and my brain is a bit stressed out, so I need some simple, not have to think too hard escapism!! Post your favourite girly, holiday type book :smile:

'Bad Girls Finish First' by Shella Dansby Harvey
Reply 7
I shall be looking into these! Thanks guys.
A Place Called Here by Cecelia Ahern. Or After You Were Gone by Maggie O'Farrell.
The fault in our stars by John Green, massive guilty pleasure for me.
Reply 10
This might not be classed as an "easy" read but you should really read One Day by David Nicholls. It is seriously one of the best books I've ever read and it was turned into a film recently with Anne Hathaway and some attractive guy whose name I can't remember
I really liked the "Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants" :smile: It's an easy read, set in America (don't worry they're not passing knickers around!) about four best friends who are going their separate ways but share experiences through letters and a pair of jeans. I'm not doing it justice but it's pretty good. It's a story spanning over four books. Also made into a film.

Any Sophie Kinsella book or Madeleine Wickham (another pen-name she writes under).
More books below :smile:

http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/girly-books
Reply 12
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
You should try the Confessions of a Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. There are 6 books in total and i loved them all :redface:

These. They are also absolutely hilarious.
Reply 13
The Iliad. In the original ancient Greek.
Reply 14
Jessie Jones 'Rubbish Boyfriends', and Paul Reizin 'Date expectations' - this one is just hilarious and made me laugh to myself in public places so I was getting loads of weird looks :biggrin:
Not so light but very nice is ' Geisha of Gion' by Mineko Iwasaki
if you are looking for girly books then authors like Louise Basgishawe and Katie Agnew books are my go to.
Love wives vs girlfriends from katie Agnew
and pretty much everything from Louise :smile:
Anything by Marian Keyes. "Anybody Out There" and "Rachel's Holiday" are my favourites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending