The Student Room Group

I think I am leaving it too late? Help?

So GCSE's are closing in and I only have 7 weeks til the first lot of exams. Is this enough time for revision for 15 exams? Have I left it too late?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
You can't gain time now. 7 weeks is what you've got so just get your head down and use the weeks wisely :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I've got the same amount of time as you :O I didn't realise it until now :/ But yeah, as long as we just knuckle down and not get distracted, you can do it! You can gain lots of revision resources and tutorials off Youtube, Getrevising etc. Make a revision timetable and prioritize your revision and you should be fine :-) You should check what learning style you have (Kinesthetic, Auditory or Visual) and this will make revision a lot more effective! I'm assuming your Easter Holidays are coming up so this will be a great time to get your head down to do some revision! Best of luck in all of your exams I'm sure you will do fine :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by orangee123
I've got the same amount of time as you :O I didn't realise it until now :/ But yeah, as long as we just knuckle down and not get distracted, you can do it! You can gain lots of revision resources and tutorials off Youtube, Getrevising etc. Make a revision timetable and prioritize your revision and you should be fine :-) You should check what learning style you have (Kinesthetic, Auditory or Visual) and this will make revision a lot more effective! I'm assuming your Easter Holidays are coming up so this will be a great time to get your head down to do some revision! Best of luck in all of your exams I'm sure you will do fine :smile:

Thank you very much :')
I need to knuckle down but I find I lack motivation quite a lot.
Best of luck to you too :3
(I did a quiz and apparently I am a visual learner.)
Reply 4
HOLY CRAP THERE ARE 7 WEEKS LEFT?! Damn, I should really start revising... :'(
One might say you'd er, crashed-out of revision? :teehee:

No but in all seriousness, start now, you'll be fine. I'm not condoning it, but I revised the night before for all my GCSEs, came out with all A*s, As and Bs. Be sensible, manage your time, it'll all go smoothly.
Reply 6
Original post by crashed-out
Thank you very much :')
I need to knuckle down but I find I lack motivation quite a lot.
Best of luck to you too :3
(I did a quiz and apparently I am a visual learner.)

Yeah same, I seriously need to knuckle down! I am a major procastinator and always find something else I could do instead of revision.
I'm a visual learner too :biggrin: If you're a visual learner, buy yourself a load of fineliners and coloured pens! Make your notes pretty, get flashcards, stick posters and post-it notes all over your wall :-) A visual learner tends to learn things better through pictures and colour :smile: I tend to try and combine all 3 despite being a visual learner by recording myself saying key facts (auditory) or have a debate or do a role play with my friends (kinesthetic). Look up 'revision tips' videos on youtube to help get you motivated :-) Good luck!
Reply 7
i always say to myself that tomorrow will be the day i begin, or in like an hour i'll whip out my textbook or whatever and get stuck into some hardcore revision! But no. Sadly i procrastinate alot:frown: and usually i end up leaving it last minute and endure hours of cramming! Although this is probably not the best method it served me well for previous exams. Im lucky it's GCSE because undoubtedly further education will only require more effort!

But back to the original question, in my opinion as long as you start around about now there is probably more then enough time providing you payed attention in class. Keep your head down and revise for a few hours or so a day and you will be fine!
Best of luck for your exams!
Reply 8
Thank you for the help guys :')
I'm thinking to just keep my head down from tomorrow and doing a hour or two a night? Or should I do more?
tumblr_lbp8x5iabZ1qb41abo1_500.jpg
Reply 9
How many hours a day (on a weekday) are you guys doing? I will officially start tomorrow on 4 hours a day :biggrin:
Don't time yourself. You'll constantly be looking at the clock to see if it's time to finish.

Just set yourself a task- 'Complete this past exam paper' or 'answer questions on these pages in the book'. Complete the activity then have a break. It's not about how long you spend revising, it's about how effectively you revise. And don't make the activities too long and boring. Make them short. Also make sure you spend more time on the subjects you hate.

And if it helps, past exam papers are the best way to revise. Do a hell of a lot of them!
Reply 11
With past papers I often leave them to the end because I feel I need to learn the material first, but I usually run out of time to do them. So would you say it is good to do them even when you don't know much?
Original post by Ryanus!
i always say to myself that tomorrow will be the day i begin, or in like an hour i'll whip out my textbook or whatever and get stuck into some hardcore revision! But no. Sadly i procrastinate alot:frown: and usually i end up leaving it last minute and endure hours of cramming! Although this is probably not the best method it served me well for previous exams. Im lucky it's GCSE because undoubtedly further education will only require more effort!

I am exactly the same! I've got all the resources just not the motivation! I end up not getting the grade I want which is really annoying but deserved :-( Going to try and knuckle down this time round but it doesn't seem to be working since I'm meant to be revising right now! Oops :colondollar:

Good luck with all your revision everyone :smile: :biggrin::cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending