The Student Room Group

Guys just don't like me...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zuki
Guys are intimidated by attractive girls, and make no movements in fear of rejection. This is why you see many unattractive guys with attractive girls...someones finally had the balls to give them some attention.

It works the same way round for guys btw
Reply 21
Original post by Rybee
Speak for yourself in future... I'm not intimidated by any girls, no matter how attractive they are.

Fair enough, I just know this is the case with most of my guy friends. They have no problems chatting up an average looking girl, but when it comes to a 8-10/10 they crumble..
Reply 22
Well, with regards to looks, I have seen plenty of girls who I would not personally have described as noticeably physically attractive acquire boyfriends. Maybe you can think about your dress sense. Different colours suit different people, changing you hair style can sometimes make a big difference. Otherwise, as other posters have said, just be yourself and if you can try to find ways to feel more confident about yourself if you feel you are lacking in that area. The more you are happy with yourself, the more other people will be attracted to you as a person. And don't feel you have to have a boyfriend just because everyone else does.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, please keep anon as I don't want my friends knowing this haha. :colondollar:

I'm 18 and in college and I literally have never received any attention from guys. I'm not expecting guys to be crowding around me or anything but they don't even look at me or talk to me or anything. All of my friends have had boyfriends or at the very least had a guy like them but I haven't. I've never even held hands with a guy, let alone anything else haha.

I don't know where I'm going wrong. I'm not ugly, just average but I've seen girls on par with me get boyfriends easily. I'm not fat and I'm not horrible or annoying or anything. I'm shy though so perhaps that's it? I've been coming out of my shell more at college and smiling and talking to people but nothing's really changed.

It seems everyone has had boyfriends regardless of their looks and personality so I don't know if I just have a terrible combination of traits or something?

Guys, do you have any advice or ideas on why this is the case? Thanks.

Some of us girls just aren't lucky enough to have guys willing to make the first move,
have you ever tried initiating anything? Asking a guy for his number?

Yeah it's kinda soul destroying having to always make the first move, I know, but I guess it's better than being alone?
Original post by the666thmessiah
It works the same way round for guys btw

No it doesn't, girls just don't approach guys period.
Reply 25
Original post by Tyler Varona
No it doesn't, girls just don't approach guys period.

This is so true. It's always the guys that have to make the ballsy steps. The girls literally do nothing.
Original post by Zuki
This is so true. It's always the guys that have to make the ballsy steps. The girls literally do nothing.

It's very evident for the average guy, in fact it's expected. But in the very rare situation when a girl has never been approached before and has to do all the approaching herself its made out to be this mega big thing (see popppy's post above) because it never happens. Whereas guys get on with it, because for the majority of guys, its either approach girls or shut up and stop complaining when you get nothing.
Reply 27
Original post by LISSEY
Give yourself a boost & buy some sexy perfume....who needs guys :tongue:

Yeah, dump guys, more men to me :sexface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending