The Student Room Group

I feel empty inside

Hi there

I am a 17 year old male and recently I have started to feel really empty and lonely

I have never had a proper relationship with a girl but now I would really like one.

I feel I need someone who I can always talk to etc.

It's sucks as I am not one of the "popular" guys in my area so girls around here tend to not bother with me ..:frown:

Any advice? I just feel as if there is a piece of my heart missing or something .:frown: really hard to describe ...

Reply 1
anyone?:frown:
Reply 2
I haven't and most of my 'friends' have had more then one boyfriend and some have even slept with more than one guy.

but I cant dwell on it, I'll make myself ill. I just get on with it really. you'll find someone, don't rush it

(I'm 18)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Match made in Fernandos!
Madfish n pinksugar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mario_leufft
Match made in Fernandos!
Madfish n pinksugar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kidding..
Dw yu'll find someone soon.. Jus wait patiently. If your not a popular guy then it is quite hard, try hangin out in parties n stuff. If your lucky, yu'll find someone there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
No you don't want a relationship. Your heavy use of social media makes you think tha you need a partner to be happy. Just get on with life.
Reply 6
Forget needing a relationship to feel satisfied with things, that will make you feel much worse and maybe end up in a relationship with a complete bitch just through desperation.

Rely on no-one for your happiness but yourself. Exercise, go for a walk, do something constructive with your time. Do not dwell on things.

And what is sometimes the case is that when you are in a relationship you don't want to be in one and when you are not in one you want to be in one, lol.
Reply 7
Original post by SubAtomic
Forget needing a relationship to feel satisfied with things, that will make you feel much worse and maybe end up in a relationship with a complete bitch just through desperation.

Rely on no-one for your happiness but yourself. Exercise, go for a walk, do something constructive with your time. Do not dwell on things.

And what is sometimes the case is that when you are in a relationship you don't want to be in one and when you are not in one you want to be in one, lol.

Ah great advice, thanks :smile:

but i havent found yet what makes me truly happy :frown: eugh
Reply 8
Original post by Mario_leufft
Match made in Fernandos!
Madfish n pinksugar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg wasn't expecting to see that, I actually laughed.

ah that's sounds sarcastic I didn't mean it to be!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by madfish
Hi there

I am a 17 year old male and recently I have started to feel really empty and lonely

I have never had a proper relationship with a girl but now I would really like one.

I feel I need someone who I can always talk to etc.

It's sucks as I am not one of the "popular" guys in my area so girls around here tend to not bother with me ..:frown:

Any advice? I just feel as if there is a piece of my heart missing or something .:frown: really hard to describe ...

I'm 20 and have never had a relationship. Doesn't bother me too much. I can't really give you advice on that sort of stuff but just have a great life. I fill my days with things I enjoy doing. I work hard at my uni course and try to do the best I can in that.Over the last year, I've really got into running and love it. There's nothing quite as liberating as just putting on a pair of shoes and knowing you can explore anywhere within (was intially a mile radius now it's about 8 mile radius) as I do circular routes. Me, music and the countryside it's great. I don't actively seek a companion (realised I'm getting too excited for Dr Who) girlfriend but I try to be friendly to everyone I meet. Who knows what will happen but 17 isn't that old to have never had a girlfriend. The ones that do have boyfriends and girlfriends are usually louder than those that haven't. I looked at a breakdown of my facebook friends on wolfram alpha and more than 1/2 are single rather than in a relationship. I know that's personal experience but it's probably true for you too. Anyway I've rambled; enjoy life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending