The Student Room Group

Are women easier to manipulate than men.

Yes, we all know this is generalizing but there are patterns one can observe.

A good example is the "torches of freedom" Where men in the tobacco industry manipulated feminist to take up smoking, by telling them that cigarettes are symbols of emancipation and equality with men.
It was genius!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torches_of_Freedom

I notice most cult leaders are men, and it easy for them to influence women more than men, I guess men have charisma which women fall for. Eg Charles Manson he got group of women in the US to murder people including a pregnant woman.

More women fell for the Obama mania” than men. JKFs charisma had a big effect on women.

It is said; that women are more emotional than men and react emotionally where else men can be distant with their feelings and be calculating. Another example is women will find a man attractive if he gets social proof from other women. But men do not need to have approval of other male to decide if he finds a woman attractive. I guess men are more independent thinkers and more likely to rebel.

Some people might argue that women manipulate men into getting free drinks and meals ect, but men are not being manipulated because they know what she is doing but he is taking the risk in the hope he can have sex with her. So that’s really transparent.

I guess the fact that most women think they can't be more easily manipulated by men, shows that they are being manipulated. That's the art of manipulation. Just like what happen to the feminists.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd say it varies from person to person. Men can get easily manipulated... However, it does seem that women are a lot more emotional, clingy etc and so some men can take advantage of that.

Some people might argue that women manipulate men into getting free drinks and meals ect, but men are not being manipulated because they know what she is doing but he is taking the risk in the hope he can have sex with her. So that’s really transparent.

Even if a person is aware he's being manipulated doesn't change the fact. It's still manipulation. "please buy me a drink :wink:" guy thinks he's in there or has a good chance and so bites the bullet. He just got tricked into buying a drink.

Don't forget the other forms of manipulation. Even trying to make someone jealous to make yourself feel better is manipulation or telling someone you're depressed and stuff to make them comfort you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Not really / thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Michaelj
I'd say it varies from person to person. Men can get easily manipulated... However, it does seem that women are a lot more emotional, clingy etc and so some men can take advantage of that.

Even if a person is aware he's being manipulated doesn't change the fact. It's still manipulation. "please buy me a drink :wink:" guy thinks he's in there or has a good chance and so bites the bullet. He just got tricked into buying a drink.

Not really, because he knows what is going on and takes the risk!
When someone manipulates you, you have no idea that it is going on.
You think you have feel choice.
Reply 4
So much easier.
Offer men you've never met a chance to get a wet winky, and they're yours.

Offer women you've never met the D, and a restraining order is yours.
Reply 6
Original post by SheldonWannabe
Offer men you've never met a chance to get a wet winky, and they're yours.

Offer women you've never met the D, and a restraining order is yours.

OK......:s-smilie:
Original post by ssxx
OK......:s-smilie:

It's just personal experience...
Reply 8
I find it a lot easier to manipulate men than women. But that's because I'm a woman.

Like in the examples you gave, men perhaps find it easier to manipulate women rather than other men and vice versa. As men are generally more likely to be involved in politics, crime (such as the cult leaders you mentioned) and (in the past) business it stands to reason that there will be more examples of when women have been manipulated in a big/widely publicised way.
A beautiful woman can make a man do whatever she wants
Reply 10
Probably easier for women to manipulate men tbh. Ego is a massive weakness.
Reply 11
Original post by Dark Horse
Probably easier for women to manipulate men tbh. Ego is a massive weakness.

So women don't have ego? it is easy to flatter women!
Reply 12
Original post by textbookloser

So good looking super models run the world?
Reply 13
No. I don't think how likely a person is to be manipulated depends on gender.

Men have vulnerable egos and are also easily charmed by women, even if there is no chance of actual sex happening. Obama winning has absolute nothing to do with his "charm" (not that I think he has any). If there were more men than women voting republican, that speaks in women's favour. Trying to turn that into women being more emotional than men, is ridiculous. If anything, they thought more logically.
Reply 14
Original post by Salapanda
I find it a lot easier to manipulate men than women. But that's because I'm a woman.

Like in the examples you gave, men perhaps find it easier to manipulate women rather than other men and vice versa. As men are generally more likely to be involved in politics, crime (such as the cult leaders you mentioned) and (in the past) business it stands to reason that there will be more examples of when women have been manipulated in a big/widely publicised way.

It is really simple, Men tend to be more logical than women.
Women respond more to emotion than logic.
Reply 15
Original post by ssxx
So women don't have ego? it is easy to flatter women!

Yes they do but I have to say the male ego is alot worse, lmao.
Reply 16
Original post by Dark Horse
Yes they do but I have to say the male ego is alot worse, lmao.

That's not true. Calling a woman ugly will kill her ego more than calling a man ugly.
Reply 17
Original post by Michaelj

Don't forget the other forms of manipulation. Even trying to make someone jealous to make yourself feel better is manipulation or telling someone you're depressed and stuff to make them comfort you.

Well yeah that goes without saying. Obviously we're generalising because a generalisation is the only meaningful way to talk about a group. It's assumed that we know there are going to be plenty of exceptions and that we're just discussing general trends of behaviour within a group.
Reply 18
Original post by textbookloser

Not if they're gay.
Reply 19
Original post by ssxx
It is really simple, Men tend to be more logical than women.
Women respond more to emotion than logic.

But why does that make women easier to manipulate? Anyone can be manipulated if you know how they think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending