The Student Room Group

What should i tell him!?

My friend charlie asked me out a few days ago and i like him more as a friend than a boyfriend. Anyways when he asked me i said sorry but now is not a great time cos im sorta getting my life back on track first but maybe we could go out once ive sorted my life out. And i thought yep thats fine we can still be frineds and he wont feel upset. But his bestfriend kieran told him and me that he fancied me too. Charlie explained to kieran about getting my life back on track which i thinks fine..but..the guy that i actualy fancy really likes me and i think hes gunna ask me out.the problem is that i sorta told keiran and charlie that id decide between them if i ever got back on track. Id feel like sucha bitch if i said yes to my crush but i really wannna go out with him! If he does what should i tell charlie and keiran!?
Original post by Monkkeynut
My friend charlie asked me out a few days ago and i like him more as a friend than a boyfriend. Anyways when he asked me i said sorry but now is not a great time cos im sorta getting my life back on track first but maybe we could go out once ive sorted my life out. And i thought yep thats fine we can still be frineds and he wont feel upset. But his bestfriend kieran told him and me that he fancied me too. Charlie explained to kieran about getting my life back on track which i thinks fine..but..the guy that i actualy fancy really likes me and i think hes gunna ask me out.the problem is that i sorta told keiran and charlie that id decide between them if i ever got back on track. Id feel like sucha bitch if i said yes to my crush but i really wannna go out with him! If he does what should i tell charlie and keiran!?

If you genuinely didn't like the guy as boyfriend material you should have just said no and asked to stay friends. Now Charlie is standing by waiting for you to tell him when you are ready for a relationship, when you have very little intention of seeing him..considering you know you like someone else.
Then pitting two guys against each other is totally unfair.
Tell Charlie and Kieran you aren't interested in either of them now..before the guy you like asks you out. But you will have to explain why you asked them to wait.
Or wait for the guy to ask you out and then explain your situation to him. But I'm sure he won't appreciate your story.
Either way you risk losing Kieran and Charlie as friends/and or the guy you really fancy.
Honesty is the best policy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending