The Student Room Group

Are any other girls like this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MW24595
Haha, thanks. :biggrin:
Really, a "thing for complex English"? That's pleasantly piquant, in the ambrosial sense. :tongue:
Well, I kept amusingly thrashing myself for the syrupy sentimentality I've laced it in. XD I admit I usually hold softness in Nietzschean disdain.
But ha! I'm flattered you think I should be. :smile:

As for Chivalry, :cool: , well, one tries. But the weird thing is, romance has grown so forward, I've often observed decorous folk being mistaken for being uninterested, and so, are handed residency in the friend-zone. :tongue:

Piquant as it might seem, it is inevitable that one must fall in love with the language, so to speak, given its general elegance and subtle exquisiteness. :biggrin:

As far as residency in the friend-zone is concerned, I assume it is a destructive demon most humans are riddled with from time to time. Nevertheless, it makes a brilliant source of inspiration for poetry and pathetic fallacies. :tongue:
Reply 41
Original post by MW24595
Haha, thanks. :biggrin:
Really, a "thing for complex English"? That's pleasantly piquant, in the ambrosial sense. :tongue:
Well, I kept amusingly thrashing myself for the syrupy sentimentality I've laced it in. XD I admit I usually hold softness in Nietzschean disdain.
But ha! I'm flattered you think I should be. :smile:

As for Chivalry, :cool: , well, one tries. But the weird thing is, romance has grown so forward, I've often observed decorous folk being mistaken for being uninterested, and so, are handed residency in the friend-zone. :tongue:

Ah, Thank You, Miss. :smile:
Haha, really? I'd fear people might just find it pretentious and obfuscatory. Lingual quirks are great, but then again, it shouldn't morph into blithe obnubilation, now should it? :tongue:

And ha, really? Well, let me see some. And ha, worry not, not all us males are atavistic aesthetes. :tongue:
Or you could just link me to some of your fictional stuff, perchance. :tongue: Dreams, eh? Curious.

Oh, lol, no. My principal once sponsored my English Lit. AS-Level, though.
I actually study Mathematics and Physics. :smile:

What! You study Mathematics and Physics but you can still do Literature???!! I envyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy youuuuuuuuuuuu :rolleyes:
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous
What! You study Mathematics and Physics but you can still do Literature???!! I envyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy youuuuuuuuuuuu :rolleyes:

:tongue: Well, so it seems.
Haha, envyyyyy meeee, do you? How come? :tongue:

What do you study? :rolleyes:
Reply 43
Girls like you make life worth living
Ive looked up Ezra Miller, I don't find him incredibly attractive but that doesn't make him ugly. I can't be infatuated with someone I don't know!

truer words were never spoken - fair play OP
Reply 45
Original post by domg1994
Girls like you make life worth living

Aw:rolleyes:
Reply 46
Original post by MW24595
:tongue: Well, so it seems.
Haha, envyyyyy meeee, do you? How come? :tongue:

What do you study? :rolleyes:

Because people who are both skillful in creativity and clever in mathematical subjects then.... Why shouldn't I be? lol.

I couldn't do Science or Maths at all... Oh the embarrassment. I'm just an Arts and Humanities person (if not only that).

I study A2: English Literature, History and Philosophy and RS :biggrin: I dropped English Language at AS.
Reply 47
Whilst now we're on the topic, and most males on here are thinking 'awwwwwwwwwwww' to this thread (and are breathing a sigh of relief :') ).

What about you guys? Do you think the same about girls, psychology says otherwise!
Reply 48
Because people who are both skillful in creativity and clever in mathematical subjects then.... Why shouldn't I be? lol.
I couldn't do Science or Maths at all... Oh the embarrassment. I'm just an Arts and Humanities person (if not only that).
I study A2: English Literature, History and Philosophy and RS :biggrin: I dropped English Language at AS.

:smile: Haha
Oh, gnarly. Worry not, signorina, :colonhash: , 'tis only through discomfiture that we cleave ourselves to comprehension.

"Don't worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you, mine are still greater."
- Albert Einstein

Haha, Arts and Humanities is interesting too. :rolleyes:
I've always enjoyed that stuff, but unfortunately, Mathematics is far too resplendently pulchritudinous a Mistress for me to gaze elsewhere for too long. She carries the Framework of Genesis. She is the Order inherent in God's Brushwork when He designed Creation, amongst all this glorious delusion of Chaos. But, anyway. :rolleyes:

Oho! Eng. Lit's great too. I wish I had more time to spend on that, though. >.< What sort of stuff do you read, generally speaking?
And Philosophy's gorgeous. :tongue: I've never managed to study Philosophy formally; rather insofar, I have simply my Cogitations, and casual perusals of Text as far as that's concerned. I write about me travails on the blog, actually. :smile:

How's RS?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by MW24595
:smile: Haha
Oh, gnarly. Worry not, signorina, :colonhash: , 'tis only through discomfiture that we cleave ourselves to comprehension.

"Don't worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you, mine are still greater."
- Albert Einstein

Haha, Arts and Humanities is interesting too. :rolleyes:
I've always enjoyed that stuff, but unfortunately, Mathematics is far too resplendently pulchritudinous a Mistress for me to gaze elsewhere for too long. She carries the Framework of Genesis. She is the Order inherent in God's Brushwork when He designed Creation, amongst all this glorious delusion of Chaos. But, anyway. :rolleyes:

Oho! Eng. Lit's great too. I wish I had more time to spend on that, though. >.< What sort of stuff do you read, generally speaking?
And Philosophy's gorgeous. :tongue: I've never managed to study Philosophy formally; rather insofar, I have simply my Cogitations, and casual perusals of Text as far as that's concerned. I write about me travails on the erstwhile blog, actually. :smile:

How's RS?

If you are speaking in such a way without having picked up a Thesaurus then wow. Just wow, I don't understand a lot of what you have so well articulated! (And I do English..... pffft)

Philosophy is amazing and so is RS, we just do about ethics. How do we know what is right or wrong etc. Controversial issues basically. And we all like a bit of controversy :P
1950's men you say? I know what you mean. None of my friends understand why I love Howard Keel. But have you seen him? He's like 7 foot tall and has one of the most fantastic singing voices I've ever heard.

And whoever has crushes on fictional characters, yes! I have a big crush on Finnick Odair in the Hunger Games and Zane in Pretties, even though with the former the film hasn't been released yet so I don't fancy the actor and they haven't made any films of the Uglies series. Also, Gilbert Blythe. I would marry that man. In fact, I believe I need to. I blame my mum, she keeps telling me I need a 21st century Gilbert. My list of character crushes actually scares me. All the real-life guys I've fancied I've started fancying either because I saw them in a play (so I fell for the character) or most recently because I heard him play the keyboard, and we had a massive fan moment over the Smiths. :lol: So personalities, yes. I was trying to explain to my friend earlier why I don't go and get off with guys in clubs. You can't have a conversation in a club, I don't want to kiss someone if I don't know if they have a brain...

I have issues. :lol: And now I want to go and talk to someone who reminds me of Sherlock Holmes. Dammit.
(edited 11 years ago)
If you are speaking in such a way without having picked up a Thesaurus then wow. Just wow, I don't understand a lot of what you have so well articulated! (And I do English..... pffft)

Philosophy is amazing and so is RS, we just do about ethics. How do we know what is right or wrong etc. Controversial issues basically. And we all like a bit of controversy :P

Haha, I've chatted to him before, he always talks like that. :lol:
Reply 52

Haha, thank you. One indulges in some grandiloquent grandstanding when one can. :colonhash:

Ha, it is. I've actually contemplated a lot about Ethics, you know. C'est the Aqua Vitae of all Life, really. Mm.
And haha, you bet we do. :wink: Where do you stand, as far as Ethics is concerned? :tongue: What -ism do you attach to yourself?
Reply 53
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Haha, I've chatted to him before, he always talks like that. :lol:

Which germinates the question: Are all these attempts at magniloquent aureation a good thing, or a bad thing? :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Has anyone ever introduced the idea of demisexuality to you? Demisexuality is only experiencing sexual attraction in tandem with a strong emotional or mental connection. You wouldn't be attracted to any celebrities as you'd never engaged with them!
Reply 55
Whilst now we're on the topic, and most males on here are thinking 'awwwwwwwwwwww' to this thread (and are breathing a sigh of relief :') ).

What about you guys? Do you think the same about girls, psychology says otherwise!

pretty much, yes
Original post by MW24595
Which germinates the question: Are all these attempts at magniloquent aureation a good thing, or a bad thing? :tongue:

I personally find it hysterical :biggrin:
Reply 57
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I personally find it hysterical :biggrin:

:biggrin: Well... forgive me if I'm being obtuse, but that's a good thing, right? (I read somewhere that Girls like Funny Guys. :colone: )

If so, I shall persist as assiduously as my verbal repertoire permits me. :colonhash:
Reply 58
I want to marry you :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MW24595
:biggrin: Well... forgive me if I'm being obtuse, but that's a good thing, right? (I read somewhere that Girls like Funny Guys. :colone: )

If so, I shall persist as assiduously as my verbal repertoire permits me. :colonhash:

Seeing as I was 'Born to speak all mirth and no matter' yes, it is a good thing. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending