Reply 140
Apparently Abramovich has been arrested in the US
Original post by Skkc16
Apparently Abramovich has been arrested in the US

This club gets stranger and stranger :rofl:
Reply 142
Original post by Isometrix

Actually it's just the Russian media reporting this. The club and RA's representatives have denied it.

Anyway does this mean he didnt meet with Mourinho yesterday in London seeing as he is in the US?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Isometrix

Well your lot have quite laughably been chanting 'we want our Chelsea back' this year. They may well get their wish. Don't think they'll be too happy though if Chelsea returns to its 'good old days.'
Original post by Soul of Mischief
Well your lot have quite laughably been chanting 'we want our Chelsea back' this year. They may well get their wish. Don't think they'll be too happy though if Chelsea returns to its 'good old days.'

Most fans mean the days of Jose Mourinho and Ranieri when they say we want our old Chelsea back.
Original post by cleveradam
Most fans mean the days of Jose Mourinho and Ranieri when they say we want our old Chelsea back.

Yeh, they might be surprised when it means midtable finishes, a half empty Bridge and your old knucklehead nazis back. Chelsea were a good team (good to watch and gritty too) in the late nineties early 2000's but you'd been living beyond your means even then. Abramovich saved you from administration. He goes, you'll go back to being the club most people around the country remember you as.
Reply 146
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/25/roman-abramovich-spokesman-denies-arrest
To quash all the rumours.
Guess he'll be linked obviously but they'll probably have to look at putin first. I hear berezovski was a friend of alexander litvinenko so there's more likely a more government influenced factor. Abramovich used to be a governor but it was based on bettering the lives of people in chukota.

Although RA isn't the most well trustworthy of people I doubt he'd be the one who instigated it.

Original post by Skkc16
Actually it's just the Russian media reporting this. The club and RA's representatives have denied it.

Anyway does this mean he didnt meet with Mourinho yesterday in London seeing as he is in the US?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Add that to the fact that details of the arrest were supposed to be shown in the 6pm bulletin but hasn't been confirmed and et voila. Just a nonsense rumour for now. Apparently there are no leads as well to the killing. No radiation poisoning as well so I have no idea how the guy died. Hearing it's suicide but if that's the case they'd probably be able to tell from the autopsy. Hearing the guy lost loads of money in the case(paid abramovich 35m and had to pay his wife 5m too and got to the point he was selling all his possessions) so I think it's a suicide.

Yeh, they might be surprised when it means midtable finishes, a half empty Bridge and your old knucklehead nazis back. Chelsea were a good team (good to watch and gritty too) in the late nineties early 2000's but you'd been living beyond your means even then. Abramovich saved you from administration. He goes, you'll go back to being the club most people around the country remember you as.

But he's not going. Plus anyway give us a few more years and a few more trophies(hopefully a new stadium) and we're sorted financially. We'll get more global support and that'll give us the money to work long term. Of course what's happening now is not sustainable but the trophies and widespread support that comes with it will sort it out.

I don't think we'll be spending much more in the years to come tbh as we've transitioned most of our team. We need a striker and a DLP and that's our team for the next 4-5 years.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jam277
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/25/roman-abramovich-spokesman-denies-arrest
To quash all the rumours.
Guess he'll be linked obviously but they'll probably have to look at putin first. I hear berezovski was a friend of alexander litvinenko so there's more likely a more government influenced factor. Abramovich used to be a governor but it was based on bettering the lives of people in chukota.

Although RA isn't the most well trustworthy of people I doubt he'd be the one who instigated it.

Add that to the fact that details of the arrest were supposed to be shown in the 6pm bulletin but hasn't been confirmed and et voila. Just a nonsense rumour for now. Apparently there are no leads as well to the killing. No radiation poisoning as well so I have no idea how the guy died. Hearing it's suicide but if that's the case they'd probably be able to tell from the autopsy. Hearing the guy lost loads of money in the case(paid abramovich 35m and had to pay his wife 5m too and got to the point he was selling all his possessions) so I think it's a suicide.

But he's not going. Plus anyway give us a few more years and a few more trophies(hopefully a new stadium) and we're sorted financially. We'll get more global support and that'll give us the money to work long term. Of course what's happening now is not sustainable but the trophies and widespread support that comes with it will sort it out.

I don't think we'll be spending much more in the years to come tbh as we've transitioned most of our team. We need a striker and a DLP and that's our team for the next 4-5 years.

In terms of support around London we're still a far bigger club than you. You can't sell out stamford bridge a lot of the time and Arsenal have had 38,000 turn out for youth games. Completely true to say the tides are shifting though, but I would reckon it would take at least another ten years before CFC can claim to be London's biggest club in terms of support. I have no doubt that with sustained success you won't fall back to where you should have been, and you may even become financially self sustainable. But if Abramovich goes you won't be able to afford the wages you pay and that's how you attracted a lot of players.

You've got problems with your stadium move though. Battersea power station's failed. Would have been a great location for you. Closer to your actual support (not that anyone's old school support can really afford to go anymore) and you could have further encroached on Millwall, Palace and Charlton territory. Edit am just adding that it's unbelievable how much that has happened already. I went gokarting in Bermondsey recently and I saw as many Chelsea shirts as Millwall.

I'm pretty sure the Earl's Court bid failed (can't remember why though) and you've got the added complication of the Chelsea Pitch owners thing. If they refuse to sanction the move then you're stuck. Or if you go ahead, Chelsea FC will cease to exist.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 148
In terms of support around London we're still a far bigger club than you. You can't sell out stamford bridge a lot of the time and Arsenal have had 38,000 turn out for youth games. Completely true to say the tides are shifting though, but I would reckon it would take at least another ten years before CFC can claim to be London's biggest club in terms of support. I have no doubt that with sustained success you won't fall back to where you should have been, and you may even become financially self sustainable. But if Abramovich goes you won't be able to afford the wages you pay and that's how you attracted a lot of players.

You've got problems with your stadium move though. Battersea power station's failed. Would have been a great location for you. Closer to your actual support (not that anyone's old school support can really afford to go anymore) and you could have further encroached on Millwall, Palace and Charlton territory. I'm pretty sure the Earl's Court bid failed (can't remember why though) and you've got the added complication of the Chelsea Pitch owners thing. If they refuse to sanction the move then you're stuck. Or if you go ahead, Chelsea FC will cease to exist.

i
Yeah we know that. We're screwed if abramovich goes but I don't think the plan was for him to get a CL and do a runner. He was planning to be the owner of a club and make them the best(which is likely to happen) if abramovich went we would pay lower wages thats right but we'd also have the bragging rights of being a world class club with history and success(which we don't have yet despite our successes in the past 10-15 years.

Yeah there are a lot of problems with the move, the battersea one I think got rejected but I forgot what happened with earl's court. Annoying as I think we were moving in the right direction then. The problem with london is the space. We're not going to become self sustainable unless we get a bigger stadium simple as that but there's no space in london. West ham were lucky but deserved to get the olympic stadium. Spurs have no right to get a stadium in stratford over west ham, although it would have made them more competitive tbf.
Reply 149
Just realised this stat. Pep guardiola has faced 52 teams in his tenure at barca and he's managed a win against all of them besides chelsea. Gotta love it.
Original post by jam277
i
Yeah we know that. We're screwed if abramovich goes but I don't think the plan was for him to get a CL and do a runner. He was planning to be the owner of a club and make them the best(which is likely to happen) if abramovich went we would pay lower wages thats right but we'd also have the bragging rights of being a world class club with history and success(which we don't have yet despite our successes in the past 10-15 years.

Yeah there are a lot of problems with the move, the battersea one I think got rejected but I forgot what happened with earl's court. Annoying as I think we were moving in the right direction then. The problem with london is the space. We're not going to become self sustainable unless we get a bigger stadium simple as that but there's no space in london. West ham were lucky but deserved to get the olympic stadium. Spurs have no right to get a stadium in stratford over west ham, although it would have made them more competitive tbf.

Roman will scarper once he wins the Champo league with his team playing 'pretty' football. That's what he wants, and to be fair with the amount of money he's sp***ed on Chelsea it's not an unfair expectation.

You will only be able to maintain your wages if you make massive commercial gains, to the point where your commercial revenue is equal to or greater than utd's as you don't have as a big a stadium as them. It won't happen within the next five years as FFP is coming in and with all the negative PR Chelsea have brought upon themselves.

In terms of Chelsea relocating, as I said, I don't think people realise what an obstacle the Pitch owners society is. If they're the sentimental kind (which I am) and refuse to sanction a move then you have to stay at Stamford Bridge. Best thing for you lot would be for Roman to bribe the government to bring back terracing so your capacity could increase. Would help everyone out and bring back a bit of atmosphere to the prem! In terms of other potential locations it's tough even if the pitch owners support it. I doubt you'd get anywhere in the Royal borough of Kensington and Chelsea itself. There are still massive derelict industrial estates over in Wandsworth which is a big Chelsea area. That might be a good bet. But you'd lose your glamour club association of the King's road and Sloane Square right on your doorstep.

Wish Arsenal hadn't had to leave Highbury. I hate the Emirates. It's too corporate, none of my uncles and cousins can afford to go and my dad's not renewing our season ticket because we can no longer afford it. Hate the design, but I'm so glad Arsenal could stay in Islington. Hell not just Islington but stay in the same neighbourhood of Highbury itself.
Alas, two of our Chelsea comrades have been hit with banhammer. Return safe and sound, Musester and Rybee...
Reply 152
Original post by The Assassin
Alas, two of our Chelsea comrades have been hit with banhammer. Return safe and sound, Musester and Rybee...

Lol for what comments?
Original post by jam277
Lol for what comments?

Not sure tbh. If I 'question' the mods then I'll just get banned myself :lol:. Although I think it's because Musester attacks/insults people more than the average TSR member and Rybee likes to troll :tongue:
Also, I might not be in the majority here, but I really won't be annoyed if we get knocked out of the Europa league - we've got to focus on the premier league. Beating Southampton this weekend is imperative since both Spurs and Arsenal are not too far off, we don't need another depressing loss against a lesser team going into the match against United, and we need to put some pressure on Man City.

Oh and, Luke Shaw next season... please? :redface:
Reply 155
Reckon we'll do southampton fairly easily.

Luke shaw would be good but we have bertrand. Would rather keep him for next season, let luke shaw develop and wait till cole leaves. Although cole looks like he could play for another 3-4 seasons.
Yeah Cole just doesn't seem to age but like Jam said you have Bertrand so don't go out and get another player who might then stunt his development. About the Europa League whilst the top four is more important, I still think if Chelsea were to win the double with an FA Cup and a Europa League it would be considered a pretty successful season. The Europa should definitely give teams who win it a place in the Champions league.
Original post by The Assassin

:rofl:
No real surprise Museter was banned :laugh:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 159
Original post by Malevolent
No real surprise Muster was banned :laugh:

:lol: yeah. Didn't realise rybee trolls though. Kinda makes this thread feel lonely, it's just me, isometrix, skkc16, kingmessi, cannotbelieveit and tweek now. Still better than the city thread though. :smug:

I like the manchester united thread the most out of the other threads. The arsenal thread can be absolutely ridiculous, the city thread has no life to it and the liverpool thread just isn't appealing enough, probably since they're a bit of a non team atm so we don't have any key battles for top4/winning trophies. The tottenham thread is a bit like this thread.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest