The Student Room Group

UCAS convention

Hi,
I was wondering whether someone who has been to the UCAS convention could tell me a little bit about it, and how useful it is. I'm not entirely certain that I want to go - did anyone who went there find it useful?

Thanks!
It's basically a massive room fully of different university/college representatives across the country trying to interest you into studying their HE courses.

You will have your personal space violated as there will be a **** ton of people there...

Half of the unis you want to go to wont have prospectuses on them and will make you send off for it (**** that)

There will be seminars on student finance, personal statement, general uni information etc.

Oh, there is also competitions to apply for and a café
(extortionate prices)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to the one at Birmingham University- got 17 uni course books, only to decide to put Birmingham as both my firm and insurance. I think that was a co-incidence.

Its' good to see what is on offer generally, but it won't be *that* useful.
Original post by assassin's_creed
It's basically a massive room fully of different university/college representatives across the country trying to interest you into studying their HE courses.

You will have your personal space violated as there will be a **** ton of people there...

Half of the unis you want to go to wont have prospectuses on them and will make you send off for it (**** that)

There will be seminars on student finance, personal statement, general uni information etc.

Oh, there is also competitions to apply for and a café
(extortionate prices)

Posted from TSR Mobile

An Absolutely perfect description lol I went to the one in brighton uni and I thought I was gonna faint, it was so crowded and hot! Oh and there are quite a lot of freebies :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to one in London. To be honest, it was only really useful for getting the Prospectuses without having to get them at Uni open days. But apart from that, there wasnt much...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending