The Student Room Group

Wellcome Trust Internship

Hi all. I was wondering if anybody on here has applied for one of these before. I have an interview next Wednesday for the Technology Transfer Division and would love to know how interviews went for people and what the practical/ work related task is like.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ohmyzeus
Hi all. I was wondering if anybody on here has applied for one of these before. I have an interview next Wednesday for the Technology Transfer Division and would love to know how interviews went for people and what the practical/ work related task is like.

Did you get the place in the end?
Reply 2
Hi! Has anyone applied to this years Internships? (2013)

I sent my application on the 26th Feb, and I know that the deadline was only on the 4th March, but the interview dates are approaching and I haven't heard yet! I've applied to Strategic Planning and Policy Unit (Policy and Advocacy). It sounds like exactly the kind of thing for me and I get excited just thinking about it - really finding it hard not to get my hopes up! Hope I hear back soon, keeping my fingers crossed that no news is good news (seeing as those who aren't shortlisted for interview are also notified!)
Reply 3
Original post by littlebear
Hi! Has anyone applied to this years Internships? (2013)

I sent my application on the 26th Feb, and I know that the deadline was only on the 4th March, but the interview dates are approaching and I haven't heard yet! I've applied to Strategic Planning and Policy Unit (Policy and Advocacy). It sounds like exactly the kind of thing for me and I get excited just thinking about it - really finding it hard not to get my hopes up! Hope I hear back soon, keeping my fingers crossed that no news is good news (seeing as those who aren't shortlisted for interview are also notified!)

I've applied for some of the other placements but haven't heard anything back just yet! I reckon it'll be another couple of weeks. Good luck with it.
Reply 4
Original post by vivhowells
I've applied for some of the other placements but haven't heard anything back just yet! I reckon it'll be another couple of weeks. Good luck with it.

Yeah, I know i'm being a bit impatient... :P Keep checking the application progress but nothing has changed since my application was acknowledged on the 26th. Will just keep everything crossed! Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 5
Guys, I wasn't successful :frown:
Reply 6
Aww sorry to hear that, when did they notify you? Did they give you any reasons?

I haven't got a reply. I spent ages writing my application -_- hope they can get it over with
Reply 7
They told me thursday by e-mail. Said due to the large volume of applicants (700+ in total) they had to turn down some very good applicants, thanks for your interest, good luck with your career etc etc... I asked for specific feedback but they told me 'at this stage in the process' that they couldn't give me any. So I asked them once they were able to give me feedback, I would appreciate it as I am still interested in working for them! I was absolutely gutted, still am. I'm going to apply in September for their Graduate Scheme in 2014 so really do want some feedback so I can ensure that my application for that is successful! I had also spent ages writing my application - went to the careers service about 4 times in total, spending well over a week after finding out about the internship programs writing everything and getting it checked over again and again. I reckon you'll get some good news soon though, they probably told everyone at the same time if they weren't invited to interview so good luck! Which one have you applied to?
Reply 8
wow 700 :0 . i didn't realise how many people knew about the internships. I applied for the Public engagement one, its the only one that i could actually relate to. They offered more this year compared to last year, I wish I applied last year but i found out just after the deadline. I wonder how many interviews they give out for each place. Do you live close to the area? what are you studying at university? Good luck for the graduate one
Reply 9
I'm sorry :frown: I'm guessing that they deal with internship positions by department.
Reply 10
has anyone heard for the researchers engagement position yet?
Reply 11
I've applied for the International Engagement internship, and I haven't heard anything yet either. Why won't you tell meee!
Hi guys, I was rejected from the technology transfer, learning, editorial internships. Haven't heard from researchers engagement. Have an interview for evaluation - quite surprised!

EDIT: rejected from researchers engagement! Didn't know it was so competitive! Pretty amazed I got the one interview I did.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by punctuation
Hi guys, I was rejected from the technology transfer, learning, editorial internships. Haven't heard from researchers engagement. Have an interview for evaluation - quite surprised!

EDIT: rejected from researchers engagement! Didn't know it was so competitive! Pretty amazed I got the one interview I did.

Hey guys, I have an interview for the technology transfer division :biggrin: , to punctuation.... good LUCK!!!!! my sister did that one last year! she said it was great!, if you want some documents for prior interview drop me your email adresss.

Whens your interview??? Mines 4th April! Soo nervous XD
Reply 14
Got an interview for the international engagement one. :biggrin:
Do you guys have to prepare a presentation as well?
Original post by nicoleeeee
Hey guys, I have an interview for the technology transfer division :biggrin: , to punctuation.... good LUCK!!!!! my sister did that one last year! she said it was great!, if you want some documents for prior interview drop me your email adresss.

Whens your interview??? Mines 4th April! Soo nervous XD

Nice! Good luck to you! :biggrin: Thanks, I will PM you it :smile:

Original post by slambovian
Got an interview for the international engagement one. :biggrin:
Do you guys have to prepare a presentation as well?

Awesome, good luck! Nope :/ What's yours like? I was thinking of bringing some materials to show them but I haven't been asked to present or anything.

Which universities are you from? What are you studying? :smile:
Reply 16
Studying BA Development studies and study of religions at SOAS :wink: you?

They asked to prepare a 5min presentation on this question:

What do you think three key barriers are to making evidence informed

policy and any ideas about how these might be overcome?

Gotta figure out time to read up for this after deadlines...
Reply 17
Hey guys,
I have an interview for technology transfer in april too.. anyone has any idea what the test is like? really scared :sigh:
Original post by slambovian
Studying BA Development studies and study of religions at SOAS :wink: you?

They asked to prepare a 5min presentation on this question:

What do you think three key barriers are to making evidence informed

policy and any ideas about how these might be overcome?

Gotta figure out time to read up for this after deadlines...

Cool! BSc Psychology and Philosophy at Bristol. :biggrin:

Ah, I see, that's interesting! I kind of wish I had to prepare a presentation, I think I'd be better at that than competency-based interviews! Good luck reading for the presentation, anyway!
Reply 19
Anyone applied to evaluation and had an interview yet? Got mine soooon :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest